Notices
Fox Mustangs 1979-1993 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Check out the mileage on this Fox.

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/05, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is there only 1200 miles on this car? Average about 100 miles per year, come on. Factory plastic still on the seats? Have to see it to believe it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-MUSTAN...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 8/15/05, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

i would love to see that...its a beautiful stang though!!
Old 8/16/05, 03:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it. Some people have tons of $ and can afford to buy a new 'nice weather only' car. I know if I had the $ I would :yes:
Old 8/16/05, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

there are people who have cars w/ less mileage. i was looking at an old mustang monthly and they had a guy w/ 79-93 fox mustangs and most of them had less than 200-300 miles on each of them. no whether or not that car really does ???
Old 8/16/05, 06:55 PM
GTR Member

That car is a auto, theirs a problem, and its a GT, another problem, it is super clean though, in order to afford a house in brooklyn, he has HUGE money
Old 8/17/05, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@August 16, 2005, 6:58 PM
That car is a auto, theirs a problem, and its a GT, another problem, it is super clean though, in order to afford a house in brooklyn, he has HUGE money
being a GT is NOT a problem. I know you're going to talk about how a notchback is better for drag racing or something else you just copied out of MM&FF but please, stop right there.
Old 8/18/05, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

How is having an auto make it a problem? He says it was never raced, and he probably bought the car b/c it was a 25th aniversery car, not to mention that, at that time, the fox Mustangs were going to be replaced be the Probe, so those are two good reasons to buy a car of this nature, and keep it pristine
Old 8/18/05, 09:51 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Valentino@August 17, 2005, 7:40 PM
being a GT is NOT a problem. I know you're going to talk about how a notchback is better for drag racing or something else you just copied out of MM&FF but please, stop right there.
they are heavier than the lx, thats my point. The lx hatch is lighter, and the lx notch is even lighter than that, and the notch is stronger, but i wasnt refering to the notch i was refering to the lx in general.
Old 8/18/05, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Fordracing200@August 18, 2005, 9:54 AM
they are heavier than the lx, thats my point. The lx hatch is lighter, and the lx notch is even lighter than that, and the notch is stronger, but i wasnt refering to the notch i was refering to the lx in general.

Not everyone buys mustangs solely on which is lightest and fastest. We all know V6 mustangs are the most selling (SN-95s at least) so lighter, stronger, and faster obviously aren't always good selling points. It all depends on what a buyer is looking for and they determine that by what they plan to use the car for most.
A racer would want a notch, a car show queen would want anything rare or probably a GT because I believe most think the aero look (and extremely heavy plastic body kit ) are more attractive. Thats the main reason I wanted a GT hatch, I just don't like the look of the lx and couldn't afford a body kit to make it look good.

25th Aniversary probably helps as a selling point too, although I think all it includes is a dash badge, but its an attractive dash badge! (slightly off topic pointless hi-jack)-- My car was one of the last 25th's made... build date 4/90
Old 8/25/05, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Valentino@August 18, 2005, 6:13 PM

25th Aniversary probably helps as a selling point too, although I think all it includes is a dash badge, but its an attractive dash badge! (slightly off topic pointless hi-jack)-- My car was one of the last 25th's made... build date 4/90
How did you find out the build date? I know mine was built around Sept. or Oct. of '89, thats it, and my car was purchased before yours was even built!
Old 8/25/05, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

inside the driver's side door jam, you'll see something like "04/90" for the month and year
Old 8/25/05, 05:35 PM
FR500 Member

gimme gimme gimme! lol
Old 8/25/05, 06:53 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Valentino@August 18, 2005, 7:13 PM
Not everyone buys mustangs solely on which is lightest and fastest. We all know V6 mustangs are the most selling (SN-95s at least) so lighter, stronger, and faster obviously aren't always good selling points. It all depends on what a buyer is looking for and they determine that by what they plan to use the car for most.
A racer would want a notch, a car show queen would want anything rare or probably a GT because I believe most think the aero look (and extremely heavy plastic body kit ) are more attractive. Thats the main reason I wanted a GT hatch, I just don't like the look of the lx and couldn't afford a body kit to make it look good.

Ohh, how come we never see pictures of your car?
Old 8/25/05, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

You seem sarcastic or something, Fordracing200... If you're trying to say what I think- I wasn't calling my GT a show car by any means (even though it took first place in 87-93 stock class at the FFfFD car show), I said I always wanted a GT hatch because I think it looks a lot better than the LX body style (thats MY OPINION).
I never called my own car a show queen (its a daily driver). I stated that, in my experiene at car shows, I have seen more GTs as show queens rather than LX's, which leads me to believe they are more desirable for car show goers. I wish you would read ALL of the post before trying to flame me and others.

So I hope that answers the true meaning to your vauge question. But, I don't have any current pics of my car, so just to give you some oppurtunity to flame me and my ride again... I'll find some old pics and post them just for you.

Oh, how come we never see pictures of your car?
Old 8/25/05, 11:09 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
he cant drive yet for one
Old 8/26/05, 12:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Could you imagine in how bad shape that car is actually in
Assuming he has never changed any of the fluids, that car is actually worse off than a driven equivalent.
Have you guys heard of the grandma car's with low mileage that go bad fast. I would hate to see the internals of that engine.
What a waste
Old 8/26/05, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes I have heard from many people that the worst thing you can do to an older car is not drive it, even true for newer cars. Everything rots out and goes bad by just sitting there. At the shop we inspect a lot of elderly people's cars who only put between 500-4000 miles a year on the odo and their tires have 9/32nds of tread left but they're all dry-rotted something awful and they fail because of that.
Old 8/26/05, 06:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Valentino+August 25, 2005, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Valentino @ August 25, 2005, 11:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You seem sarcastic or something, Fordracing200... If you're trying to say what I think- I wasn't calling my GT a show car by any means (even though it took first place in 87-93 stock class at the FFfFD car show), I said I always wanted a GT hatch because I think it looks a lot better than the LX body style (thats MY OPINION).
I never called my own car a show queen (its a daily driver). I stated that, in my experiene at car shows, I have seen more GTs as show queens rather than LX's, which leads me to believe they are more desirable for car show goers. I wish you would read ALL of the post before trying to flame me and others.

So I hope that answers the true meaning to your vauge question. But, I don't have any current pics of my car, so just to give you some oppurtunity to flame me and my ride again... I'll find some old pics and post them just for you.

Oh, how come we never see pictures of your car?
[/b]

I wasnt flaming you, i just wanted to see your car, not being sarcastic, i just never saw it before.
Originally posted by future9er24@August 26, 2005, 12:12 AM
he cant drive yet for one
Get over it, its not my fault i have a interest in cars even when i cant drive
<!--QuoteBegin-Valentino
@August 26, 2005, 4:49 PM
Yes I have heard from many people that the worst thing you can do to an older car is not drive it, even true for newer cars. Everything rots out and goes bad by just sitting there. At the shop we inspect a lot of elderly people's cars who only put between 500-4000 miles a year on the odo and their tires have 9/32nds of tread left but they're all dry-rotted something awful and they fail because of that.
[/quote]
Yeah, thats gonna be a big problem with cobra Rs
Old 8/26/05, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's really up to the owner.
It can be a good low mileage car if it was driven regualry.

ie. RV's and motorhomes which people only use once a year for vacation, and park all year will be worthless in no time.

As long as you move it regulary, and change fluids based on time not mileage then it can be a really good low mileage oldie.

Just enforcing the suggestion on what to ask the guy if you decide to bid for his car.