1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

underneath the hood of my 69Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/05, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So here it is, the 6 screws holding the scoop. Any chance that the opening in the hood be made for a shaker!
Old 4/12/05, 11:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by montreal ponies@April 12, 2005, 8:50 PM
So here it is, the 6 screws holding the scoop. Any chance that the opening in the hood be made for a shaker!

ok that pic helps a lot. you actually don't ahve an opening in the hood, that is just the factory bracing, and it is made that way to accomodate the use of a shaker scoop. if you use the template you can cut the opening out correctly for a shaker scoop, but you will still have to have the bolt holes for the factory scoop welded up and worse yet there are holes in the back of the hood cutout for the turn signals mounted in the scoop. your best bet would be to find a stock flat hood and use that instead, you might even be able to find someone who will trade you for the hood you have now. if i had a good flat hood i would trade you, unfortunately i don't
Old 4/13/05, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just realized that you posted this onto a new thread, but yeah, what B said. I honestly forget what the exact condition of the hood on my parts car is in, but if it is good and you either come up empty handed or decide you would rather just pay shipping instead of buying a new hood + shipping then let me know, I'll work out a trade with you. I doubt the original pics I have on my webpage of the parts car are very good since I was not interested in the hood when taking them but the car will be home from my friends house in a week or two and I can get all the pics or info you want if you decide that is what you want to do.
Old 4/13/05, 01:27 PM
V6 Member

no the fake hood scoop is too wide. I converted mine from the fake to the shaker a few year back
Old 4/13/05, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by pakrat@April 13, 2005, 10:50 AM
I just realized that you posted this onto a new thread, but yeah, what B said. I honestly forget what the exact condition of the hood on my parts car is in, but if it is good and you either come up empty handed or decide you would rather just pay shipping instead of buying a new hood + shipping then let me know, I'll work out a trade with you. I doubt the original pics I have on my webpage of the parts car are very good since I was not interested in the hood when taking them but the car will be home from my friends house in a week or two and I can get all the pics or info you want if you decide that is what you want to do.
Well at least i know where i stand ...i need to either find an original shaker hood or go with a flat one.....which i think is what you are reffering to.....of course i would be interrested in getting that hood of yours if it's in decent shape of course, cuz as you can see, the hood on mine is in very good shape...and it's already ready for paint...I can see that you live in NH which is not too far from Quebec.....
So let me know when you have it, and take good pics of it please..
Thanks again
P.S don't know how i got this but a virus infected my computer when going on your link to your car domain.... :bang: trying to get rid of it again...
Old 4/13/05, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yikes, don't know how that happened, cardomain should be a pretty safe site, there are a ton of users on there.

Finding a shaker hood pre-cut is not going to be easy at all. A stock flat uncut hood is your best and possibly only bet. The one on my parts car is completely stock. I will get pics ASAP for you. As memmory serves it was dent and hole free and solid save for some minor surface rust on the nose where the paint wore thin. It is no where in the ready to paint shape yours is obviously but if you are still interested after you see more detailed closer pics then I'll be sure it's a fair trade don't worry, we'll figure something out as it's obviously not an equal swap.
Old 4/13/05, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Waiting on those pics.....
Old 4/18/05, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

It might be another couple of weeks I'm afraid, sorry. My friend who's yard the parts car is currently sitting in is out of town and I spent the whole weekend prepping my car for the body shop. Next weekend is my parents 50th wedding anniversary so that's out (unless my current plan goes a wry) and it will probably be the following weekend of the 30th before I get my chance to tow it home and/or just take more pics. I don't know where you are at on your car and if this is going to hold you up or not soooooooo......
Old 4/20/05, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hi Richard, sorry for pm you earlier, didn't get the chance to read this reply.....don't worry about it, we haven't really done anything on the car since 2 weeks, we'll really get back to it in a month or so....
Ain't that funny, i'm going to my oncle and aunt's 50th wedding anniversary too in 2 weeks...wonder how they did it.....