1964-1970 Mustang Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

My Mustang - My Money - My Pain

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/05, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69 gmachine, you got any more pics of your setup? i'm very curious to see more of your setup. it looks like you used all afco parts on it, do you any part numbers, etc?
Old 3/13/05, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by bnickel@March 11, 2005, 11:57 PM
69 gmachine, you got any more pics of your setup? i'm very curious to see more of your setup. it looks like you used all afco parts on it, do you any part numbers, etc?
Although I used AFCO aluminum body shocks (double adjustable) and springs (450#) I designed my own upper and lower arms, strut rods and shock mounts. I had 25 sets of everything made so I can eventually sell kits. The upper arms each weigh 4.6 lbs w/ball joint. Compare that to 11.4 lbs for the Global West upper w/spring perch and b.j. With the shock relocated to the lower arm, the upper arm doesn't need to be built like it's made for an off road truck. The lower arm weighs 5.5 lbs with b.j., and is a single swaged tube design like circle track cars use. A stock lower that has been boxed weighs 6.6 lbs and a TCP lower weighs 6.8 lbs. I am hoping to patent my design for the upper arm mount as it is truly unique. It's hard to tell from the picture but it is designed not only to change the camber curve, but the anti dive angle as well to better suit a lowered car. It's also servicable from under the wheelwell, so you don't have to try to get a wrench on the nut inside the engine bay. You'll have to excuse the poor paint job under the wheel well... it's not exactly a showcase! I need to get some new batteries for my camera to take some more up-to date pics, but this will do for now...
Old 3/13/05, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 69gmachine+March 13, 2005, 10:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(69gmachine @ March 13, 2005, 10:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bnickel@March 11, 2005, 11:57 PM
Although I used AFCO aluminum body shocks (double adjustable) and springs (450#) I designed my own upper and lower arms, strut rods and shock mounts. I had 25 sets of everything made so I can eventually sell kits. The upper arms each weigh 4.6 lbs w/ball joint. Compare that to 11.4 lbs for the Global West upper w/spring perch and b.j. With the shock relocated to the lower arm, the upper arm doesn't need to be built like it's made for an off road truck. The lower arm weighs 5.5 lbs with b.j., and is a single swaged tube design like circle track cars use. A stock lower that has been boxed weighs 6.6 lbs and a TCP lower weighs 6.8 lbs. I am hoping to patent my design for the upper arm mount as it is truly unique. It's hard to tell from the picture but it is designed not only to change the camber curve, but the anti dive angle as well to better suit a lowered car. It's also servicable from under the wheelwell, so you don't have to try to get a wrench on the nut inside the engine bay. You'll have to excuse the poor paint job under the wheel well... it's not exactly a showcase! I need to get some new batteries for my camera to take some more up-to date pics, but this will do for now...
[/b][/quote]

nice work, i'd definately like to see more pics when you can get them. i see lot's of hidden stuff on that car like the duraspark box hidden on the inner fender, sleepr style? or just cleaning up the bay? i also see lime gold under there too. i hate that color, my car was originally that color as well.