Old 4/29/07, 05:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Elenanor Recreation

I didn't recall seeing this so I hope it not a re: post,
http://classic-recreations.com/
Old 4/29/07, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??? So they remake Eleanors from '67's and '68's? What's this have to do with S197's?
Old 4/29/07, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

...nothing

These came out pretty much right after gone in 60 seconds, which started the eleanor craze
Old 4/29/07, 09:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Actually, this is a different company. Cinema Vehicle Services, who provides vehicles for the majority of the movies that are made in the states, built 11 Eleanors. A few guys came out of the theater after it was first released, and decided they wanted to own Eleanor, so they started building them, and started up a company known as Unique Performance. These people are just buying the same pieces that Unique is using, and trying to cash in on the still popular car. While Unique's pricetag is just as high, if not higher, if I were to purchase one, it would only be from Unique Performance. I've seen how much work goes into their cars, and how meticulous they are. I know nothing about this other company, other than they're trying to cash in on the craze, and usually knock-offs are just that. Knock-offs. For the price they're asking, you might as well get one from Unique.

Just my .02.
Old 4/29/07, 10:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I might like it if it weren't a idiotic ugly looking car
Old 4/29/07, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by kevinb120
I might like it if it weren't a idiotic ugly looking car
To each their own. You might not like Eleanor and hate the cars fan base, where as I love that car and think it's one of the best looking Mustangs ever. I'd love to own one.
Old 4/30/07, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
To each their own. You might not like Eleanor and hate the cars fan base, where as I love that car and think it's one of the best looking Mustangs ever. I'd love to own one.
I just don't believe this to be a Mustang as much as a Mustang with a body kit. You can say you love the 67-68 Mustang's, or that you love the Eleanor kit on said Mustangs. But saying that your favorite Mustang is one that was not only not built by Ford, but that was built on a rotting chassis nearly forty years after just makes very little sense to me.

I love the original Shelby's, and I'm sure that the real ones fetch a far greater price because of Gone in 60 Seconds, but the movie claiming that it was a 67 GT500 was out of place by the director or whoever decided that monoker was alright to use on a replica. If you want a GT500 save your pennies. If you want a GT500 replica then go buy a 67 fastback and get to work. I just don't think that sending a hunk of junk to a shop where they chop everything original up on a car and send it back to you as a different car with nothing original but say, the floor panel can even be called a Mustang.

Peter Hatch
Old 4/30/07, 09:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So do you hate the Roush and Saleen Mustangs, too? Because they're not built by Ford. Roush, Saleen, and yes, Shelby, too, all buy basic Mustangs from Ford, then add all their stuff to them. So none of them are built by Ford.

You said "the movie claiming it was a GT500..." So are you saying that my '05 is not an '05 GT, because I've done stuff to it that makes it look different from every other '05 GT?

People want GT500's. Since they're quite rare, they're being recreated. Some are recreated as exact clones of the original, and some are becoming restomod's, which is what Eleanor is. But you can't look at Eleanor and tell me you don't see GT500 there. Yes, GT500 with a bodykit, but GT500 nonetheless.
Old 4/30/07, 12:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
oh no.....here we go again with all of the elearnors....
Old 4/30/07, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
So do you hate the Roush and Saleen Mustangs, too? Because they're not built by Ford. Roush, Saleen, and yes, Shelby, too, all buy basic Mustangs from Ford, then add all their stuff to them. So none of them are built by Ford.

You said "the movie claiming it was a GT500..." So are you saying that my '05 is not an '05 GT, because I've done stuff to it that makes it look different from every other '05 GT?

People want GT500's. Since they're quite rare, they're being recreated. Some are recreated as exact clones of the original, and some are becoming restomod's, which is what Eleanor is. But you can't look at Eleanor and tell me you don't see GT500 there. Yes, GT500 with a bodykit, but GT500 nonetheless.
I did not say that I hate it simply because it is not made by Ford. I said that I hate when people say that that is their favorite Mustang since a Mustang is only a Mustang the way it comes from the factory. I do not hate anyone who chooses to add things to make their car theirs, I simply do not think of a custom or an aftermarket in the same vein as that of a stock Mustang.

Your question of if I see GT500 in Eleanor is simple. Yes, it's impossible not to. But do you not have the same effect when you see Cougar tail lights on a 64-66? Some people even say that they see GT500 in the GT350's. I don't see it.

Eleanor simply isn't a GT500, but a 67-68 that has been butchered into how we see it now. Think of how many have had these kits put on them. How expensive it is because so many people are wasting them with these kits. How long until there are none left that have been unmolested?

To each his own, but if I have one, it won't have one of those kits on it.
Old 4/30/07, 03:19 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well i see what you are saying peter but saying it isn't a mustang doesn't make sense.

If i modded a mustang and somhow it became the greatest looking car that anyone ever saw. people might say.. "that is my favorite mustang"

Yes it didn't come from the factory like that but it is still a mustang. If someone said "this is my favorite model mustang" then it wouldn't work cause it isn't a particular model its just a mustang that has been modified.
Old 4/30/07, 04:56 PM

When I see a Saleen Mustang, or a Roush Mustang I believe them to be of a different vein than that of a Ford Mustang. Though of course they started as one, they can be seen as the same light as those others that have been modified. I don't know how to word it, but like said here modified Mustangs and stock Mustangs don't really have a comparison. It can very well be your favorite modified Mustang, and therefore your favorite overall Mustang, but I just do not see them the same.
Old 5/17/07, 08:23 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, Im sorta getting tired of the Eleanor recreations also. It's just a style that has been done too often. The whole point of car customization is to make your car stand out from all the rest, make it personal. There's now a million eleanors and variations. Dont get me wrong, it was a cool car, but for everyone to have one...I just dont like it
Old 5/26/07, 12:57 AM
Cobra Member

I absolutly love the Eleanors, when I saw GI60S on my 16th B Day I instantly fell in love with Mustangs. I personally would like to own an Eleanor in Black w/ white stripes. I've seen 1, just 1 and it was at Unique Performance. My step dad is actually really good friends with one of the owners, that place is amazing! and I completly respect everyone in that shop. I do understand how the Eleanor craze has left a ton of fastback in bits but you have to admit that its brought the Mustang craze to a whole new level.

O and the Eleanors built by UP are in the Shelby register as GT500E s, thats a Mustang if I've ever seen one...
Old 5/26/07, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, it got a little hostile there for a minute