Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Exterior Door Handle

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/15, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior Door Handle

I've seen a couple of threads related to this, and they all seemed to end with the owners taking in their vehicles to the dealer. However, I don't see any follow-ups stating the cause or the fix so I thought I'd start this thread to see if any of them may chime in with what they found out.

My '13 Mustang has the issue where, occasionally, the pulling the door handle after unlocking does not engage any release the first time but will open the door on the second pull. I will be taking mine in for service in a couple of weeks and wanted to be informed since it doesn't seem to happen while in the service dept.

Thanks!
Old 12/14/15, 12:10 PM

Message to Deysha (Ford Customer Service),

I have PM'ed you a couple of times but haven't heard back. Please read.

Thanks!
Old 12/17/15, 06:55 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by exrub
I've seen a couple of threads related to this, and they all seemed to end with the owners taking in their vehicles to the dealer. However, I don't see any follow-ups stating the cause or the fix so I thought I'd start this thread to see if any of them may chime in with what they found out.

My '13 Mustang has the issue where, occasionally, the pulling the door handle after unlocking does not engage any release the first time but will open the door on the second pull. I will be taking mine in for service in a couple of weeks and wanted to be informed since it doesn't seem to happen while in the service dept.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by exrub
Message to Deysha (Ford Customer Service),
I have PM'ed you a couple of times but haven't heard back. Please read.

Thanks!
Definitely bring it in and get it diagnosed as soon as possible, exrub. I’ll get back to your PM soon.

Deysha
Old 7/5/16, 06:15 AM

Well, this repair was shortlived. A few months after the so-called repair, it's doing it again.

I think I will be done with Ford/Lincoln as my FoMoCo vehicles die down from my fleet.
Old 7/5/16, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It's not just 13-14 Mustangs. Our 15 Fusion and 15 Mustang both have issues with the auto unlock and open. I can't tell you how many times I've reached to open the door and it sounds like it unlocks but doesn't. Many times it doesn't even unlock. I've got to try 3 or 4 times before the car unlocks and opens.

Most of the time now, I'll just use the fob to unlock the door before I get there. However, a few times the door would still not open on the first pull.

Man, I miss the old days when we didn't have all of this stupid tech on cars!