Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 GT Multiple Issues

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/14, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT Multiple Issues

Just picked up my 2014 GT only option was the 3.73 limited slip 550 miles on it now. Well I cant say I am very impressed so far. Around 72-82mph my differential whines noticeably only while there is load on the pinion. Engine runs very poorly at idle, Transmission shifting is pretty awful/noisy especially when cold, Just wondering if these are common ailments and what ended up being the fix or them? I see all the issues everyone is having I guess I am lucky enough to have them all.
Old 9/3/14, 03:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by forddieselnate
Just picked up my 2014 GT only option was the 3.73 limited slip 550 miles on it now. Well I cant say I am very impressed so far. Around 72-82mph my differential whines noticeably only while there is load on the pinion. Engine runs very poorly at idle, Transmission shifting is pretty awful/noisy especially when cold, Just wondering if these are common ailments and what ended up being the fix or them? I see all the issues everyone is having I guess I am lucky enough to have them all.
The whining from 3.73's could be normal, but that doesn't mean the whining you're hearing is normal.

Poor idle is not a characteristic I've experienced from any of my three 2011+ GT's. I would give it one more full tank of fuel before taking it in for a quick check.

Shifting noises, like the gear whine, are fairly normal, but that doesn't mean your noises fall within the normal. While the transmission breaks in, it could be a little rougher to shift, but these things are almost always harder to shift when cold, but it you think it seems excessively difficult to shift, maybe some component of the factory shifter is not installed correctly or is defective, so it might be worth having them take a look.

With only 550 miles on the car, did you not hear or experience any of these issues before buying the car?
Old 9/3/14, 04:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by forddieselnate
Take it to the dealer and get your issues documented/fixed ASAP! I know your feeling man. I had my check engine light come on within my first 500 miles. Talk to your sales person as well. You could always take your battery terminals off the battery which will re-learn your idle parameters.
Old 9/3/14, 08:35 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a cracked heater core at 352 miles. Coolant soaked driver side floorboard. They had to pull dash, center console and seats. Carpet replaced along with cracked core. So far no noticeable rattles.
Old 9/3/14, 07:53 PM

Well step 1 is runs poorly at idle well se how it goes
Old 9/4/14, 05:14 PM

Nate, would you describe the problem at idle as the car kinda rocking side to side very slightly, like the motor is slightly out of balance? My car idles fine sometimes, but then sometimes it does that.

And welcome to the club on cars with issues. My car has the idle deal, the surging when cold, funny throttle response, the LCA squeak, the driveline clunk when shifting, and the tick. Every issue that has been posted on these forums. Plus my driver's seat feels loose even though everything is tight.

Basically it's faster than my '86 but doesn't feel any more solid than the '86. I only have 800 miles on mine, and had decided that it's just part of driving a Ford instead of a Ferrari. I'm still on the fence about taking it to a dealer since I have read a dozen threads on here where dealers say it's "normal" or they can't reproduce it, or worse, it gets "repaired" and the issue comes right back.