Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Newby, questions about CAI filter

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/15, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Newby, questions about CAI filter

Hey you guys, so I just recently purchased a 2011 v6. The guy who owned it before had a bunch of stuff already on it and really babied the car, so I'm beyond thrilled he was willing to part with it. One of the things on it was an Airaid CAI. The filter is pretty dirty, so first things first, I'm purchasing a new one. My question is, do I have to specifically purchase an Airaid brand filter? Or will any kind work? Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated. (This is my first time dealing with a CAI)
Attached Thumbnails Newby, questions about CAI filter-12080990_10203765087406639_765251902_n.jpg  
Old 9/28/15, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangConvert11
Hey you guys, so I just recently purchased a 2011 v6. The guy who owned it before had a bunch of stuff already on it and really babied the car, so I'm beyond thrilled he was willing to part with it. One of the things on it was an Airaid CAI. The filter is pretty dirty, so first things first, I'm purchasing a new one. My question is, do I have to specifically purchase an Airaid brand filter? Or will any kind work? Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated. (This is my first time dealing with a CAI)
First, congrats on the car. Excellent find.

Depending on the model, I believe some of the Airaid filters can be cleaned and re-oiled. Not sure which you have, you may want to check that. Then you'd just need a recharge kit.

If you just want to replace it anyway, and I wouldn't blame you since it looks pretty grungy, Airaid brand would be best to ensure a proper fit. Any of the aftermarket parts sites that sell the CAI will most likely sell the replacement filter. You could also order directly from airaid.com. I believe most that style run between $60-$80.
Old 9/30/15, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangConvert11
As already mentioned, probably best to stick with same manufacturer for proper fit.
You should be able to tie down the required model by your specific application(2011 v6 Mustang).
Americanmuscle.com appears to have them for about $52.