Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > Warranty and Service Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Warranty and Service Issues All Warrenty related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the service departments.

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10/26/06, 10:12 AM   #1
Bullitt Member

Are TSB fixes done free of charge after warranty expires?

Are TSB fixes done free of charge after warranty expires?

P.S. wish there was a separate warranty thread. Oh, the good old days...
AvtoLubitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 1:28 PM   #2
I Have Admin Envy

Sometimes the TSB's don't last for the entire warranty period

I had my car in for the squeeking rear brake TSB, but the dealer could not do the service because it can only be done a maximum of one year after the date of purchase or start of warranty. In any case, i'll be upgrading to Hawk pads in the new year anyways
Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 1:31 PM   #3
Super Moderator

no!<<<<<

clevparts@aol.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/obsoletek
All My Collectibles Including Existing Mustang Parts for Sale on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/terristreasurestore
Toys,Handmade Jewelry & Toys in my wifes store
05stangkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 1:52 PM   #4
Mach 1 Member

Steven

Depends, once your warranty ends you are basically only allowed two "out of warranty allocations". From what I can remember our service manager said there is a time frame to use them (maybe a year). Most Ford service centers won't tell you this info. Plus, you generally have to help pay for at least half of the cost. So, the question is... Is the TSB you are worried about worth using up one of your allocations? If the issue is less than $300 just pay for it yourself. Cos, if your engine or tranny ever die on you and it's a warranty issue it's better to have your allocation available.

2007 Mustang V6 Coupe Pony Package VIN# 210626
Little Black Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 2:09 PM   #5
I Have Admin Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvtoLubitel View Post
...wish there was a separate warranty thread.
Give us a week or two
Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 2:15 PM   #6
Bullitt Member

Interesting! I am glad I asked. What if I buy an extended warranty? then I am assuming TSB's will be honored, correct?
AvtoLubitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 2:25 PM   #7
Mach 1 Member

Steven

Go for the Extended Warranty. Also, keep in mind that there is plenty of negotiating room for the warranty price.

2007 Mustang V6 Coupe Pony Package VIN# 210626
Little Black Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/06, 7:22 PM   #8
Cobra Member

I think it is much cheaper to purchase the extended warranty before the factory one expires. At least it was for a friend of mine with a VW.
lodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/06, 9:03 AM   #9
Cobra Member

Send a message via AIM to AWmustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Black Pony View Post
Depends, once your warranty ends you are basically only allowed two "out of warranty allocations". From what I can remember our service manager said there is a time frame to use them (maybe a year). Most Ford service centers won't tell you this info. Plus, you generally have to help pay for at least half of the cost. So, the question is... Is the TSB you are worried about worth using up one of your allocations? If the issue is less than $300 just pay for it yourself. Cos, if your engine or tranny ever die on you and it's a warranty issue it's better to have your allocation available.
I had a problem with my focus 200 miles past the warranty and they wouldn't do anything about. I had to foot the entire bill. I had even taken it in just before the warranty period ended becuase my MPG dropped from 30 to 20. They said nothing was wrong.
Old 10/27/06, 9:11 AM   #10
Bullitt Member

I owned 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. 100 miles after the warranty expired everything went wrong. Thrown lifter rod, cracked engine block, broken motor mounts, and almost every sensor died. all within a week. It took a few months and countless letters and phonecalls to GM to get them to pay for it all. Moral of the story is. The extended warranty is worth it just to avoid the hassle.
K&N Intake
FRPP GTA Exhaust
Ford Plenum Cover
05retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/06, 9:40 AM   #11
Cobra Member

Send a message via Yahoo to clintoris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWmustang View Post
I had a problem with my focus 200 miles past the warranty and they wouldn't do anything about. I had to foot the entire bill. I had even taken it in just before the warranty period ended becuase my MPG dropped from 30 to 20. They said nothing was wrong.
If you took it in for an issue before the warranty expired, and they didn't catch it.... as long as it's on record with them, and at the final resolution, it should have been covered by the warranty... I'd be all over the a** of the service manager like stink on diaper.

On Order - 2013 GT Premium |
MTX | Black on Black | Track Pack | Electronics & Comfort Packs | Pedestal Spoiler

2006 Mustang GT Premium

'98 Mustang GT

'88 Mustang GT
clintoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/06, 1:38 PM   #12
Cobra Member

Send a message via AIM to AWmustang
I'm just too nice for my own good.
Old 5/17/07, 11:49 AM   #13
Bullitt Member

Send a message via AIM to Mtang78
I have an early '05 that the horn button pitted and was replaced under the 36,000 initial warranty. About 3-4 months after the replacement, the horn button pitted again! This was last summer. I figured that if the replacement pitted, then Ford hasn't fixed the problem. So I just now took it back in for some maintenance and had them check the horn button. They agreed it is pitted, but it is not covered under my Extended Service Plan because they consider that to be "cosmetic" - eventhough if there is condensation causing the pitting, then that condensation could also cause the wiring and other electrical components to short out resuling in horn and airbag failure, etc. Ford claims to not know anything about the pitting problem. Can we say "buried their heads in the sand"?

I would think that if the replacement part was defective, that they should replace the replacement part but apparently not - and I talked to Ford in addition to the dealer. No luck.

1978 Mustang II Ghia (302 V-8): Midnight Blue with 1/2 Vinyl Chamois Top; Chamois Interior; purchased Dec. 1979
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/490820

1978 Mustang II Ghia (302 V-8) - Dark Brown Metallic with 1/2 Vinyl Chamois Top; Chamois Interior; purchased July 2005
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2477013

1976 Mustang II Ghia (302 V-8) - Bright Blue Metallic with 1/2 Vinyl White top; Medium Blue Interior; purchased Sept. 2007 - ARRIVED 09-28-07!!

Can you tell I like Mustangs???
Mtang78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5/22/07, 6:14 PM   #14
Cobra R Member

Some tsb's should be according to my service dept. if it is a related to anything thast could potentially hurt/kill you, (brakes, suspension, driveshaft.)
Old 5/22/07, 9:18 PM   #15
Team Mustang Source

Steve

Send a message via MSN to theedge67
In that case they wouldn't issue a TSB, they would issue a straight Safety Recall. Nobody does a recall unless it is safety related. Issues that are just a known problem, not safety related get a TSB. Safety issues get a recall and those are immune to warranty date/mileage.
JLT II Cold Air Intake, Amsoil Synthetic Air Filter, Tillman Speed Tunes, Bassani SS Axle Backs, Bassani X-Pipe w/cats, Ford Intake Plenum Cover, Blue "MUSTANG" door sill inserts, MGW Eject Button, J&M Lower Control Arms, Mileage Warranty Delete

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"
theedge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/07, 7:20 PM   #16
V6 Member

I just had my airbag replaced because my horn PONY was all bubbled under the surface. Is this what you referred to? it was ugly as ****! 13k miles and not even one year old!
Buschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/07, 9:26 PM   #17
V6 Member

Send a message via MSN to gussy8055
a TSB is a technical service bulletin nothing more , it is a notice to service departments listing common concerns and problems and the proper repairs that are advised to repair them . So if your vehicle is under warranty and is having the listed problem , then yes its covered , if your out of warranty it dosent offer any extentions or additional coverages .
gussy8055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/07, 9:26 PM