Please send the VIN in a PM. Thanks!
Cara
---
Hi, PM sent a week ago, no response...?
Old 5/18/16, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey GHIGGT302,

The 4.6 update has been released for certain vehicles. Each update is vehicle specific so keep checking your account for the availability!

Cara
Right, but you didn't answer my question. My Sync login is letting me download a package, however the release date still shows "Posted Dec. 18, 2015" which makes it the old version. Why is the website letting me download the old version again? Or is this a mistake?
Old 5/19/16, 11:24 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Hi, PM sent a week ago, no response...?
PJRManagement,

Check your PM for my reply

Originally Posted by GHIGGT302
Right, but you didn't answer my question. My Sync login is letting me download a package, however the release date still shows "Posted Dec. 18, 2015" which makes it the old version. Why is the website letting me download the old version again? Or is this a mistake?
GHIGGT302,

The website shouldn't show an available update for the same software that is already installed. Can you send the VIN in a PM so I can take a look at the software info?

Cara
Old 5/20/16, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
GHIGGT302,

The website shouldn't show an available update for the same software that is already installed. Can you send the VIN in a PM so I can take a look at the software info?

Cara
Cara

I know I have an old version installed - that's not the question here. I currently have 4.2.1.4 installed on my car. What I want to know is if the version the website is letting me download is 4.4 or 4.6 BECAUSE THERE IS NO VERSION NUMBER IN THE FILE NAME OR README!

Let me recap the thought process behind this question since I can't seem to get my point across to you.

March 2016 - Check syncmyride.com, see message that update is available. Try to download update, but website doesn't let me. Search on the internet and see that the update was 4.4, but it was pulled due to problems and that a new update was coming. No big deal.
May 2016 - Check syncmyride.com, see message that update is available. Try to download update and am successful. HOWEVER, syncmyride states that update was posted December 18, 2015. This date is before the first time I checked so presumably this is the old file. The file downloaded does not contain any version numbers.

So what I want to know is one of two things.
(A) The file I downloaded (DR3T-14D544-AF.zip) is 4.6 and the date on the website is wrong.
OR
(B) The file I downloaded (DR3T-14D544-AF.zip) is 4.4 and the date on the website is correct.

Furthermore, I had my dealer check my VIN in OASIS, and the system only shows 4.4 available for my car...... If this is true, why is syncmyride.com letting me download a pulled version of the software?
Old 5/20/16, 10:54 AM

Cara

I know I have an old version installed - that's not the question here. I currently have 4.2.1.4 installed on my car. What I want to know is if the version the website is letting me download is 4.4 or 4.6 BECAUSE THERE IS NO VERSION NUMBER IN THE FILE NAME OR README!

Let me recap the thought process behind this question since I can't seem to get my point across to you.

March 2016 - Check syncmyride.com, see message that update is available. Try to download update, but website doesn't let me. Search on the internet and see that the update was 4.4, but it was pulled due to problems and that a new update was coming. No big deal.
May 2016 - Check syncmyride.com, see message that update is available. Try to download update and am successful. HOWEVER, syncmyride states that update was posted December 18, 2015. This date is before the first time I checked so presumably this is the old file. The file downloaded does not contain any version numbers.

So what I want to know is one of two things.
(A) The file I downloaded (DR3T-14D544-AF.zip) is 4.6 and the date on the website is wrong.
OR
(B) The file I downloaded (DR3T-14D544-AF.zip) is 4.4 and the date on the website is correct.

Furthermore, I had my dealer check my VIN in OASIS, and the system only shows 4.4 available for my car...... If this is true, why is syncmyride.com letting me download a pulled version of the software?
My apologies. I thought you were trying to download the same software you already have installed. If you send the VIN in a PM, I can confirm which software version you have downloaded.

Cara
Old 5/20/16, 12:11 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What site are you guys looking on? When I check owner.ford.com, it says the original version 4.2.1 installed Oct 2013 (before I picked up the car) is the latest for my vehicle.

Seems odd.
Old 5/20/16, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by dburton_mi
What site are you guys looking on? When I check owner.ford.com, it says the original version 4.2.1 installed Oct 2013 (before I picked up the car) is the latest for my vehicle.

Seems odd.
Hi dburton_mi,

Each update is vehicle specific so I recommend checking your account periodically for any future updates.

Cara
Old 5/20/16, 03:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dburton_mi

Seems odd.
I updated to v4.4 in August of last year and currently show it as the latest version. The note dated Dec 2015 had to do with Apple and Siri problems but since I have an Android I put it on ignore. 2013 Mustang with Sync basic.
Old 6/23/16, 08:27 AM
V6 Member

Hey guys,

It looks like the a new update is up. I have contacted Sync 2-3 times over the past 2 months and they said the engineers have been working on fixing the problem where the update doesn't work in the all the cars. I just went on today and gave it a try and it looks like the update is live because I can finally re download it.

So after work ( I did not take the mustang to work today) I will give it a try and see what happens, hopefully it works well!
Old 6/23/16, 08:40 AM

I wish you well with your upgrade. I have a 2014 mustang and still am not offered the upgrade at all. I seem to be stuck at Gen1 - v4.1.4.T for life.
Old 6/23/16, 07:25 PM
GT Member

That does not make sense. I have a 2014 and was notified of the 4.4 update. Of course, it would not load so really did not matter.
Old 6/23/16, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by tucsondivots
That does not make sense. I have a 2014 and was notified of the 4.4 update. Of course, it would not load so really did not matter.
I agree, but I was told there was no upgrade for me. I think perhaps it was available before all the problems with people trying to install it, but it sounds like they stopped allowing it about 6 months ago, so I have to wonder if it is being worked on. Sorry it didn't work for you. I've been logging into the ford sync site (owner site), and it won't display anything new. I did the vehicle report and even asked someone on the forum to unlock it, but no dice. Perhaps one day.
Old 6/24/16, 09:23 PM
V6 Member

It works! I did it twice but it finally worked. This is so nice whenever I get back into the car my bluetooth fires right up and it displays the name and artist of each song. Thank you Ford and Sync! Such a nice update for the car.
Old 6/25/16, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by 50HHHHH
It works! I did it twice but it finally worked. This is so nice whenever I get back into the car my bluetooth fires right up and it displays the name and artist of each song. Thank you Ford and Sync! Such a nice update for the car.
Hey 50HHHHH,

Glad to hear you're back up and running! You know how to reach us for future assistance. Have a great weekend!

Cara
Old 6/25/16, 09:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 50HHHHH
Just got my car back from her usual 1.5-2 week long dealer trip asked them to check for the update...it didn't show up on the Oasis report. So I'm stuck on the old version too.
Old 7/18/16, 08:03 AM

Any update? My account on syncmyride.com STILL shows 4.4 as the latest version. Oasis also shows 4.4 as the latest. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
Old 7/18/16, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Any update? My account on syncmyride.com STILL shows 4.4 as the latest version. Oasis also shows 4.4 as the latest. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
4.4 is the newest version - what are you thinking you're missing?
Old 7/18/16, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction. This is what i'm seeing. I've never done a software update but surely theres a newer version for me. The ford website says i'm up to date as of may 2012?

Old 7/19/16, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa
Can anyone point me in the right direction. This is what i'm seeing. I've never done a software update but surely theres a newer version for me. The ford website says i'm up to date as of may 2012?
I'm in the same boat, and the answer I got back was there is no upgrade for me. I don't understand it either. Perhaps if you get a different answer, I can too.

Old 7/19/16, 08:07 PM
GT Member

I could not get 4.4 to load. Received a case number quite a while ago and have not heard anything.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.