Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A little tired of the harassment on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/15, 03:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
I know most of our cars are mean looking and loud so it comes with the territory, but getting a little tired of the way some people drive around me. I'm just driving to and from work and every day there is someone who tailgates, throws revs, drives erratically trying to get me to take a bite. It's almost always a luxury sedan (e550, lexus, infinity, audi A4) I have a stock mustang and it's not that fast, but I find myself avoiding being at the front of a stop light and just drive slow. Sometimes I want to open it up on a ramp or a back road, but I always worry about some knucklehead who thinks I'm doing anything more than listening to that V8 and enjoying my car. Sometimes I really hate NJ, the drivers, traffic. I love my car and wouldn't trade it for anything else unless another Mustang. I guess I just have to deal with what comes with owning one. I never experienced this with any other car I've owned. Anyone else get this?
Every time I drive her, my friend. Every time. You get used to it. You pick and choose who to "play" with. Most folks I see/meet are good people. You'll get the occasional ***** here and there...but for the most part, good folks who just "like" our cars.

Enjoy the vehicle and get used to the attention
Old 8/28/15, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Z. Happened again today...repeat offender. New-ish e550... And I've seen this guy before. This one goes out of his way to tailgate me until I move over. As I get to the other lane he usually paces me, matching speed and always floors it/paddle shifts aggressively in and out of BUSY traffic almost like he's trying to get my attention. So today I'm coming out of the coffee shop to merge onto the highway, it's a Friday ....no traffic...so I give it a bit of gas to merge. This guy...same E550 just happens to be right behind me at my rear 1/4 coming up fast. The guy gets around me... His car is very fast by the way...cuts in front nearly taking out my front end to make a left turn from my lane. My car is VERY recognizable and like I said before you see the same people and I am beginning to believe this particular guy looks for me. But this time I got his plate. I called the agressive driving hotline to report him and the dispatcher said that I have to come down to the station to file a report. They won't do anything over the phone. I just have to avoid this guy now whenever I see him.
Old 8/28/15, 06:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
No one messes with my GTCS except other Mustangs. 95 percent v6. No offense to anyone.

Everyone and their brother messed with my v6. Oh well.
Old 8/29/15, 05:15 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Sometimes I think there are two kinds of drivers in NJ....Mustang owners and a$$holes, and nothing in-between. If someone wants to race, or won't let me into another lane, I don't challenge them. It's not worth the aggravation, a ticket, or an accident.

I have been known to do this, and it's really a lot of fun. You should try it.....

Mr. Snotnose kid pulls up at a light next to me in daddy's BMW or some clapped out tuner with an ironing board wing and coffee can muffler tips....he revs his engine and makes "let's see what you can do" eye contact.

I rev my mighty Coyote, get some gurgling out of my GT500 axlebacks, make eye contact with him....I fiddle with my shifter, glance at the cross-light as if I'm timing when the yellow turns red and for when my light goes green. Mr. Snotnose sees me assuming the position and gets a boner now, figuring the race is on.

Our light turns green....he screams off in first or low gear while I proceed slowly and normally, and I let him beat me by a country mile. He ends up looking like a friggin' moron, and usually flips me the bird at the next light.

Like I give a crap.
Happened to me the other day but it was some idiot in a pickup truck.....I did the exact same thing.....
Old 8/29/15, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Happens to me all the time. Cars that have no business trying to race a Mustang try me daily. I try to ignore them. I mostly succeed.
Old 8/29/15, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
Happens to me all the time. Cars that have no business trying to race a Mustang try me daily. I try to ignore them. I mostly succeed.
Gotta bite once in a while....the horse has to stretch its legs occassionally!
Old 8/29/15, 10:23 PM

Lol what. I'd never change my driving style just because some douches want to race. Just because they initiate doesn't mean you have to engage, but sure, sometimes I'll play.
Old 8/30/15, 05:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
When I had my 2000 I can't count how many times I was at a stop and some punk in a Honda would rev his cute little car to try and get me going. I'd always give a nod and let the let the young man beat me off the line. I don't need a surcharge. Even if I was dumb enough to street race I'd always think about not knowing what was under his hood.

Yesterday I was heading out with me wife to go get dinner and at a light in front of me there were three cars packed with punks. One of the cars the wheels had an extreme camber. I've never seen anything like it. It made me laugh. One of the fine young gents stuck his head out of the car window and looked at me and screamed like a mad man. It was actually kind of funny. I lost it and flipped him the bird and drove away.
Old 9/3/15, 07:23 AM
GT Member

Be careful. Remember the guy pretending to race you might be an officer. Happened to me traveling through Ohio. The idiot paced me and every time I passed somebody I would move over and the jerk would squeeze in behind me and be dangerously close/tailgate me. After finally having enough of his crap I floored it since I was only two miles from the State Line...and guess who got pulled over? A-hole! And it cost me $327.00 and the local "judge" didn't blink an eye when I explained what happened.
Old 9/3/15, 07:28 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
That is a slimy move by a cop. It should have thrown out and the cop should be in trouble for creating a dangerous situation.
Old 9/3/15, 07:43 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
Be careful. Remember the guy pretending to race you might be an officer. Happened to me traveling through Ohio. The idiot paced me and every time I passed somebody I would move over and the jerk would squeeze in behind me and be dangerously close/tailgate me. After finally having enough of his crap I floored it since I was only two miles from the State Line...and guess who got pulled over? A-hole! And it cost me $327.00 and the local "judge" didn't blink an eye when I explained what happened.

Hindsight is 20/20, but an option would have been to move to the right lane and go under the limit. If the car is still up your butt, call 911 and report a road rage incident in progress.
Old 9/3/15, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Strangely since my off road pipe and new mufflers went on, I have had very little in the way of problems. People know it is modded, they just have no idea how much.
Old 9/9/15, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Since reading this thread, I've made some changes in my attitude and how I drive my Mustang. A lot more relaxed now. Still have some jerks, but they will always be there, but the Mustang still does what I want it to do.
Old 9/9/15, 01:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Since I've installed the supercharger, I see less "jerks" out there. One guy was about to do something stupid the other day but changed his mind when my blow off valve opened up at part throttle to bleed off boost.
Old 9/12/15, 03:14 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
never mind. I deleted my comments.

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 9/12/15 at 03:24 AM.
Old 9/13/15, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
What ******** on the road today, but you just have to ignore them and just remember half the time you would whip their asses on the track, my real pet-peeve is just people that can seem to drive with any common sense.
Old 9/14/15, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Nobody really messes with me until a couple of weeks ago. I was on my way home from a car show, doing the speed limit in the middle lane, and some kid in a V6 Mustang started to pass me, and just as he was even with me, he gunned it, and took off down the freeway. Sorry kid, I only get 8mpg as it is, and I ain't wasting gas on you.

Old 9/14/15, 11:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Sorry kid, I only get 8mpg as it is, and I ain't wasting gas on you.

427W S197 Idling - YouTube

Don't forget, 8MPG of using the good stuff.

That's pretty funny!
Old 9/14/15, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody really messes with me until a couple of weeks ago. I was on my way home from a car show, doing the speed limit in the middle lane, and some kid in a V6 Mustang started to pass me, and just as he was even with me, he gunned it, and took off down the freeway. Sorry kid, I only get 8mpg as it is, and I ain't wasting gas on you.
What a beautiful machine! Love your car, JS
Old 9/14/15, 03:59 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
God, that sounds like the end of the world, the Visigoths sacking Rome, Patton's tanks rolling over the *****, Apollo 11 at lift-off, Mount St. Helens erupting........

Quick Reply: A little tired of the harassment on the road...