Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Torque Pro

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/24, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Pro

I upgraded my 2013 GT's center console to a 12.1" screen and connected it to my OBD2 running Torque Pro. I've added the Ford standard PIDs, but am looking to somehow display when the High Speed and Low Speed radiator fan is commanded. It looks like there is an ID for both, but I cannot seem to get them added in TorquePro correctly. Does anyone have any Torque Pro experience or experience with PIDs to be able to map the signals?

Old 7/6/24, 01:41 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,131 Likes on 1,712 Posts
Congrats, it looks great... Meanwhile, welcome back...
Old 7/9/24, 07:16 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,830 Likes on 2,095 Posts
Welcome,

Moved You To Interior Mods as it Seemed More Related.

Curious as to The Reason For The Readout. Is it To facilitate Tuning.

KC
Old 7/9/24, 08:07 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,007 Likes on 625 Posts
It's so interesting to see the likes and dislikes of fellow owners. OP, since it's a like of yours, I must say, "nice job". It looks good.
You would have to pay me thousands of dollars to have a screen installed in my car, and even then I would decline. Having a screen in my R/T is the lousiest thing about the car. It's a shame you don't have a choice when buying a new car. I think my '14 GT is the last model where you had that choice. I never looked at 2015 and up Mustang models.
Old 7/10/24, 06:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
very nice upgrade. Sorry I don't have an answer for you
Old 7/10/24, 05:24 PM

Couple reasons I upgraded to a 12.1" Touchscreen
- Full EQ now gives me more control over the Shaker Pro and sounds much better than the stock head unit control
- The device runs Android 12 and so I have access to any app I want (when parked of course especially handy when the Mrs are in the store running an errand or waiting for kids to be picked up)
- I added a rear view camera which my 2013 did not have (see photo, ignore the stock back-up lines, I have them turned off now)
- I can do a multi-split screen with Waze, Torque Pro, and my music library
- Uses a separate GPS and SIM card (optional)
- System I installed still has physical buttons too

The main reason I run Torque Pro is I can set audible alarms for various things (e.g. Coolant temperature) and some other data points. I went through a couple cooling fan wiring harness melt downs before finally just bypassing the harness all together. What bothered me wasn't so much the cooling fan issue (as many people have run into that across various model years), but rather the car only shows a small indicator light on the dash when overheating with no audible tone. Torque pro offers many more features (accelerometer data, boost gauge, etc..) and you can customize alerts, data logging, etc... directly connected to the ECU

The system is super responsive, predictable, and stable which comes with running an Android operating system as compared to an OEM operating system.

Old 7/10/24, 06:31 PM

Some Impressive Features For Sure! I Can Appreciate Your Fondness For The Tech Readouts Etc!

Kc
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,045 Posts
some cool features there, especially the diagnostic readouts .... but having to go through a screen menu to turn on the defroster would drive me nuts

did you ever figure out how to get the low and high speed fan data displayed?
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

The Analog Way if Anybody Wanted The Feature Would Be a Light or Led Wired into the Fans Power Sources. When Power Was Supplied To Fans Light Would Come On!

KC
Old Today, 12:26 PM

The temperature controls always stay up on the bottom, and you can actually map any of the physical buttons (three on each side), ***** (one on each side), or steering wheel control buttons to any feature or function you want. Lots of flexibility.

Unfortunately no luck so far finding someone with PID experience to help me map to the commanded high speed and low speed coolant fan signal