Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rev-X Tuner by SCT is it sold by American Muscle Only?

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/17, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev-X Tuner by SCT is it sold by American Muscle Only?

I see American Muscle has been selling a Rev-X Tuner by SCT. Is no one else selling this tuner other than American Muscle. Do they have this tuner all to themselves? I want this tuner because it looks like its the next generation from the X4 but I want mine filled with tunes from Steeda.
Old 9/19/17, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
I think "Rev-X" is just a label that AM slaps on to a normal SCT X4? tuner; pretty sure you can get the exact same tuner from others, except it won't have the "Rev-X" label on it.
Old 9/19/17, 06:59 PM

They are different. Here is a side by side picture.

Old 9/20/17, 04:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OK bad guess . . . hopefully someone who knows the story can chime in. I would be really surprised if SCT made a tuner exclusively for Bama. Maybe it is just a different case, with the same guts inside?
Old 9/20/17, 06:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
If you plan on running a " canned " tune, does it really matter what revision the hand held is ???
.......The SCT Rev-X is not listed under products on the SCT website.
Old 9/20/17, 07:01 PM

I agree it really doesn't matter what the device is as long as its well supported by the good tuners out there. I just thought it was the latest and greatest of which I haven't purchased one yet. Anyway I emailed Steeda customer support and they told me its actually a Bully Dog BDX which is owned by SCT. Steeda is going to put it on their site soon with bundled tunes according to my email reply.

Old 12/3/23, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RaceRed-GT
I see American Muscle has been selling a Rev-X Tuner by SCT. Is no one else selling this tuner other than American Muscle. Do they have this tuner all to themselves? I want this tuner because it looks like its the next generation from the X4 but I want mine filled with tunes from Steeda.
American muscle sells Rev x tuner but isn't SCT actually bama . I'm working with SCT technical support to get tunes on my Rev x tuner and it's a nightmare can't seem to get cloud tunes to work or email tunes they now want me to mail in my device and they will put the tunes on it we keep getting a code 13003 the tunes seem like they were sent from the cloud onto my device but they won't load to my vehicle and I get that code but still the email tune I try and the device can't be detected by my computer which is wacky I hope once they receive my tuner they'll solve it and they will send me a data cable anyhow I really wonder if any of you guys have this problems also or if there's a different company to get a better tuner with no problems getting custom tunes I had thought I would like the rev-x tuner so I can do cloud tunes easily without going through a computer as I am not computer and computers are expensive
Old 12/4/23, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mustangdan04
American muscle sells Rev x tuner but isn't SCT actually bama . ..... or if there's a different company to get a better tuner with no problems getting custom tunes I had thought I would like the rev-x tuner so I can do cloud tunes easily without going through a computer as I am not computer and computers are expensive
American Muscle does not manufacture the device, but I believe they load their "BAMA" tunes onto the device that is manufactured by SCT.

I don't know any way to get a new tune loaded onto a tuner device, without using a computer to do it. If you don't have the "technology" to do it yourself, I think sending the tuner to them is the only way.

There are many other people who do remote tuning for Mustangs. "Lito" is known as the "3V whisperer" but only does tunes for the 4.6 3V engine, and he works by e-mail (which means you need to be able to load his tune to your device, using a computer; and you also need to data-log some test runs in the car, which also requires some computer skills.
Old 12/4/23, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure I did the right thing on the computer with device updater and updated the drivers but the usb port won't detect the tuner . SCT even admits they have a bug with the cloud tunes which were sent to my device and loaded it but the file was screwed up and errors code proved it .ok man I don't know alot about computer but there's a glitch and maby my device is messed up we'll know by the weekend