Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Saying farewell soon.

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/17, 08:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Saying farewell soon.

Welp the time has come. I have decided to move on from owning a mustang onto something else. Its been a fun ride and i know this post isn't all necessary but I have used this forum a lot for questions and posting. I haven't posted much as that might of been a sign of my fading interest in the car. I've owned her for about 5 years i think to the day. Put roughly 70,000 miles on her and enjoyed all of them. Sure I put a lot of sweat and blood into her and doing mostly everything myself but I just want to experience a different car now.

You members have been great, I might pop in from time to time and who knows down the light I might jump back into one when the 2020 version comes along, not digging the 2018 at all.

I'm looking at all used cars but my next purchase has been narrowed down to....

2010-2011 Nissan GT-R
2016 Stingray
16-17 Challenger Scatpack that I would supercharge.

and a couple parting pictures.

Name:  6AhvOKC.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  1.42 MB
Name:  7AWP3la.jpg
Size:  1.28 MB
Name:  VkBTqv6.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  260.9 KB
Name:  4I0Aw3U.jpg
Size:  3.51 MB
Name:  DSjFY.jpg
Size:  527.2 KB
The following 2 users liked this post by rmurer:
awoychosky123 (3/29/17), MRGTX (3/29/17)
Old 3/29/17, 09:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
well, most of us won't keep the same car forever. It sounds like you made the most of your five years with the car! Please stop back and let us know what you end up with, even if it's not a Mustang...you've listed some great options there!

As much as I have loved every mile in my 2011 GT, I am perpetually car shopping...I've honestly only kept it because nothing has come along that I've wanted more than what I have already.

Quick question for you-
You mention supercharging a 6.4L Challenger...what kind of numbers are people getting out of these setups? At one point, I had heard that tuners were struggling with the ECU or that the motor wasn't a great choice for boost. Any insight on that would be welcome.
Old 3/29/17, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX

Quick question for you-
You mention supercharging a 6.4L Challenger...what kind of numbers are people getting out of these setups? At one point, I had heard that tuners were struggling with the ECU or that the motor wasn't a great choice for boost. Any insight on that would be welcome.

I haven't looked into it much, I think from just REALLY quick searching into costs the 2016's just got the ecu unlocked. I didn't really look much into how the engine handles boost or even if its a good idea. The challenger is more of the last option.
Old 3/29/17, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
On that list if I could swing the GT-R that would be it. I wouldn't mind a stingray, but GT-R. Why? Because twin-turbo
Old 3/29/17, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Best of Luck! not a bad list to move to next. Maybe its because I live in Houston and see them EVERYWHERE, but I am over GTR's. Not to say they aren't nice cars, I think they've just become too accessible. Every young foreign kid with money here seems to have one. The stingray would be at the top of my list, probably followed by an older Z06. I've had the itch for and LS motor for some time now lol. I've heard good things about the scat packs as well.
Old 3/29/17, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Im not a big Government Motors fan but I really like the stingray.
I have personally driven all 3 of those cars and for daily driving and track toy I like the stingray the best.
The GTR is really fun on the track, but I did not like the car around town.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 3/29/17, 11:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
On that list if I could swing the GT-R that would be it. I wouldn't mind a stingray, but GT-R. Why? Because twin-turbo
exactly and i would drive the heck out of it, the awd would be nice for MI winters

Originally Posted by 05PRMTX
Best of Luck! not a bad list to move to next. Maybe its because I live in Houston and see them EVERYWHERE, but I am over GTR's. Not to say they aren't nice cars, I think they've just become too accessible. Every young foreign kid with money here seems to have one. The stingray would be at the top of my list, probably followed by an older Z06. I've had the itch for and LS motor for some time now lol. I've heard good things about the scat packs as well.
yeah don't get them much around here i've seen maybe 2 or 3

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Im not a big Government Motors fan but I really like the stingray.
I have personally driven all 3 of those cars and for daily driving and track toy I like the stingray the best.
The GTR is really fun on the track, but I did not like the car around town.
Just my 2 cents.
yeah the sting ray is a close second to the gtr. I really like the new corvette's and i would love to have one, just would love a gtr more
Old 3/29/17, 11:38 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Change is good sometimes my friend. But, do hang around. You will still have the knowledge to help others.

This is my other baby, a 2016. If you test drive one of these I really think you will be impressed. Good luck on your search.

Last edited by wanted33; 3/29/17 at 11:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Fawls (3/30/17)
Old 3/29/17, 01:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
Best thing to do:
both of you give me your cars,
& then you can start fresh.
Yep. Mmm hmmm. Good idea Sarah... the sooner, the better. Uh huh...
not a bad idea sarah, not a bad idea at all.
Old 3/29/17, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Yup, then you can race em & see who's better...
Well that's easy, GT-R wins!
Old 3/29/17, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I went down the same road as you and traded in my mustang for a 17 Fusion Sport. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I had SC mustang and if I was you Id go back to stock before you trade it.
Old 3/30/17, 05:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I know its sacrilegious to suggest this, but I can't recommend a 2016+ Camaro SS strongly enough... As much as I love my Mustang (and will almost certainly buy another one when the '18s show up) the Camaro pushes all of the right buttons.

Unless you hate the looks of the Camaro (and plenty of folks apparently do), the SS is a much better performance car than the 2015-2017 Mustang GT and it might offer a different enough from your S197 with a much more more sports car flavor that it might be worth a test drive.

Just throwing that out there.

FWIW, aside from my Saab 9-3 and some components of my XJ, I've never owned a GM product...but that might change if the '18 Mustang doesn't deliver.

Equally likely, I'll keep my hilariously fun, reasonably fast, loud and lovable S197 forever.

Last edited by MRGTX; 3/30/17 at 05:07 AM.
Old 3/30/17, 08:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
but I can't recommend a 2016+ Camaro SS strongly enough
MRGTX (3/31/17)
Old 3/30/17, 09:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blown CS
I went down the same road as you and traded in my mustang for a 17 Fusion Sport. I thoroughly enjoyed the time I had SC mustang and if I was you Id go back to stock before you trade it.
selling it privately, already have a buyer today we find out if he gets approved and sale should be final this weekend.

i stumbled across a 2014 Z51 stingray with 7500 miles on it and i fell in love so i believe that's what I will be getting.
wanted33 (3/30/17)
Old 3/30/17, 10:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Best thing to do:
both of you give me your cars,
& then you can start fresh.
Yep. Mmm hmmm. Good idea Sarah... the sooner, the better. Uh huh...
I don't think you can get a set of chains for the C7 Sarah. But, I will consider your idea my friend.
Old 3/30/17, 02:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
Welp the time has come. I have decided to move on from owning a mustang onto something else. Its been a fun ride and i know this post isn't all necessary but I have used this forum a lot for questions and posting. I haven't posted much as that might of been a sign of my fading interest in the car. I've owned her for about 5 years i think to the day. Put roughly 70,000 miles on her and enjoyed all of them. Sure I put a lot of sweat and blood into her and doing mostly everything myself but I just want to experience a different car now.

You members have been great, I might pop in from time to time and who knows down the light I might jump back into one when the 2020 version comes along, not digging the 2018 at all.

I'm looking at all used cars but my next purchase has been narrowed down to....

2010-2011 Nissan GT-R
2016 Stingray
16-17 Challenger Scatpack that I would supercharge.

and a couple parting pictures.

Another option you might consider.. If you can hold out for just one more year, Ford is supposedly bringing back the Shelby GT500 as a 19MY model.. From my understanding, It's going to be rated at 725HP with either a twin turbo Coyote or the 5.2L (GT350) motor also with twin turbo.. If the supposed rumors end up becoming a reality, Ford is finally going to step up to the plate with it's ZL-1 Camaro and Hellcat killer

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/30/17 at 02:08 PM.
Old 3/30/17, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
selling it privately, already have a buyer today we find out if he gets approved and sale should be final this weekend.

i stumbled across a 2014 Z51 stingray with 7500 miles on it and i fell in love so i believe that's what I will be getting.
Good luck with your potential new ride.

What kind of grill do you have on your car now?
Old 3/30/17, 02:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Good luck going forward!! Awesome car you had there.
Love the last look with the mystichrome look. May be joining you at looking at Challengers. Hellcats to be exact. (Actually, I have been looking for a while now.) Good luck.
Old 3/30/17, 05:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by esir_spd
Good luck with your potential new ride.

What kind of grill do you have on your car now?
i dont recall what it was called but bought through american muscle.
esir_spd (3/30/17)
Old 3/30/17, 05:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Good luck going forward!! Awesome car you had there.
Love the last look with the mystichrome look. May be joining you at looking at Challengers. Hellcats to be exact. (Actually, I have been looking for a while now.) Good luck.
yeah that color choice has been popular.