Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Made a change

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/16, 07:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The only thing I've heard from someone who's driven both (and they drove the 350R), was that there is no power, no punch to the back of the seat after having driven a '13 GT500. It's a great car, it's got a wonderful suspension underneath it but for the $, it's not what the Shelby is. This person, after driving it, decided to wait until they come out with a more powerful offering, hopefully an S550 GT500 in the future.
How about this Steeda Q750 Mustang

Old 8/3/16, 05:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I wouldn't know, the Q750 didn't come up in our discussion.
Old 8/3/16, 08:03 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
So that Steeda "Q750" is $35k on TOP of a $35k mustang?

paying over $70k for basically a regular mustang with a bunch of Steeda mods? (ok, a Whipple blower too).

????????????????

No offense to Steeda, but no thanks. In the end, that VIN will come up as a "regular GT". I'd rather spend $70k (or less) on a brand new Shelby GT350.
Old 8/3/16, 08:13 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I like the rims on the red Steeda.
Old 8/3/16, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

paying over $70k for basically a regular mustang with a bunch of Steeda mods? (ok, a Whipple blower too).

????????????????

No offense to Steeda, but no thanks. In the end, that VIN will come up as a "regular GT". I'd rather spend $70k (or less) on a brand new Shelby GT350.
No offense taken ... but to a Steeda Performance Vehicle will out perform & handle anything built in the Mustang market today - we take great cars ... & make them better.

We strategically engineer and manufacture cutting-edge, precision handling vehicles that deliver an unbeatable level of performance.

The result is a refined, balanced performer second to none that is free from the compromises of mass production that meet the highest standards of perfection, quality and performance.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/3/16, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
No offense taken ... but to a Steeda Performance Vehicle will out perform & handle anything built in the Mustang market today - we take great cars ... & make them better.

Now that's a bold statement. Do you have statistics to back it up? Your Q750 out performs the GT350R, a Roush stage 3? I'm not fishing for a war of words, just backed up facts please!

John

PS: I have your wheels, sport springs/dampers, upper mounts and panhard bar in my car. They are much better than stock, but I would put them in the adequate, not outstanding category.
Old 8/3/16, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Based on previous track dates, knowing how our parts are manufactured & tested and how they stack up to the competition ... we can make that bold statement:

Here is what Evan J. Smith had to say (with our EcoBoost S550 not even our Q750):

After a few laps in our Steeda EcoBoost S550, Evan was amazed at how he was passing everyone in sight. While the power wasn’t there to pull anyone down the straights, we could close the gap under braking and we had tremendous momentum in the corners. Planting the tires with late-braking gives you a very high level of grip on initial turn-in, and we found ourselves pushing really hard – the Mustang remained composed and balanced. In just a few laps Evan passed a Corvette, a GT500, and (we believe) two GT350s.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/event...driving-event/

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/3/16, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

PS: I have your wheels, sport springs/dampers, upper mounts and panhard bar in my car. They are much better than stock, but I would put them in the adequate, not outstanding category.
We appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/3/16, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
thanks for the insight man! I appreciate it. This is really good to know.

Sports car versus muscle. That has been the argument now, since the S550 debuted. Why can't they make both into one??? lol

As for the air ride, that's shocking. Few folks, esp on IG, have gone with the "bagged" mod, in the hopes of drawing more stares at how far they can tuck their tires behind the fenders. That has always puzzled me. How and why is that supposed to be attractive? Bizarre. Coming from you first hand, it's good to know that it isn't all what it's hyped up to be. Koni's and springs are all one needs.

Thanks again for the input. Congrats again on the car, and yes, I (and all the others) are jealous. Beautiful car.
Burton, based on how I think you use Marilyn, I think you want to wait for this: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/02/f...500-spy-shots/.

A road course/track monster like a GT350 just doesn't seem like your thing (and I think a lot of Mustang guys fit in that boat, including most of the guys that bought the old GT500). I don't mean anything negative or insulting by that, just that not everybody drives their car that way.

Last edited by kylerohde; 8/3/16 at 02:26 PM.
Old 8/3/16, 05:22 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Burton, based on how I think you use Marilyn, I think you want to wait for this: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/02/f...500-spy-shots/.

A road course/track monster like a GT350 just doesn't seem like your thing (and I think a lot of Mustang guys fit in that boat, including most of the guys that bought the old GT500). I don't mean anything negative or insulting by that, just that not everybody drives their car that way.
Kyle, I think you're absolutely right. No Offense taken at all. I do not track or race or drag my cars. I just want the meanest, baddest, S OB car out there. That next Shelby could be just the ticket. I am a little worried about price though. If I keep Marilyn, I can afford probably 40k-ish car (used Shelby? Or used viper?). But if I try to go for a new Shelby that will probably be north of $75,000. I would have to get rid of Marilyn or wait much longer. Ugh

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/3/16 at 05:24 PM.
Old 8/5/16, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty decent for the trade. Other than the air ride, what other "major" mods did you have on her? I didn't think you had a blower on there, did you?

So how's the overall ownership of the Shelby compared to your GT? I guess let me ask it this way: Is the new Shelby (in your opinion) "better", I would hope, than your GT? If so - by what margin? If the GT was, say, a 7 or 8 out of 10 for you, is the Shelby a 9 or 10? I'm curious What I'm after is, when it comes to decision making for me for my car, is it truly worth upgrading to a car like that or should I wait longer, etc....

Now about your clearbra (PPF). Did you drive her home from the dealership that way? Did you use blue tape to cover her up on the drive back? I hope you did or that you did not incur any chips on the ride back! If you did, you'll want to get those chips fixed (professionally) before you get it PPF'd. Otherwise, not only will the chips be highly visible, but the film will "bubble" at those spots, because the chip is a divot and the film will not seal on that spot.

I see you're in Indiana. My brother is in Indy, and there are quite a few installers in the area. Make sure you do your research on WHO does the best install. PPF is largely about the installer and their skill, more so than the film itself. As for the film, most definitely stick with Xpel, hands down. Opt for the FULL hood and FULL fenders. Looking back, I should have paid a little more to get the full treatment versus partial. Next time I will.

If you're in Wichita anytime soon, go with Wichita Clearbra. Otherwise, like I said, any GOOD installer in Indy will be fine.

Here's my thread on my recent Xpel.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...a-tint-542132/
Hey Burton, read through your post on the xpel PPF. I don't have any certified xpel installers local to me, but there are a couple that do the 3m. Is the xpel that much better, or did you remove the 3m because of the chip?
Old 8/5/16, 09:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I am hearing that the next 500 will base north of $80k, perhaps well north of it. I think buyers will be fortunate to attain one for less than six figures.
Old 8/5/16, 10:54 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Congrats MRC... Awesome car, definately one that I would consider replacing an S197 with. Enjoy and keep us updated on your thoughts!
Old 8/6/16, 06:29 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by mrc728
Hey Burton, read through your post on the xpel PPF. I don't have any certified xpel installers local to me, but there are a couple that do the 3m. Is the xpel that much better, or did you remove the 3m because of the chip?
It was actually because of both. The film I had on there was 5 years old, and "old" also in terms of technology. 3M is always behind xpel in terms of film quality, content, color, material, you name it. Xpel has had "self healing" (no scratches swirls etc. just let stand in sun and scratches disappear) for a while now. 3M has only recently introduced it. The xpel film is also a tad thicker I believe, best of all xpel is optically clear (no yellowing). Those are the reasons why xpel is superior.

There should be some xpel installers in Indianapolis area. How far are you? I can contact my buddies to see who they know in your area.
Old 8/6/16, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the input. I'm actually much closer to Chicago, I'm sure there's plenty of installers there. I'll do some research and check out some reviews.
Old 8/6/16, 08:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Burton is right about Xpel, it works the way it's advertised. I've had it on mine for almost four years now and it's been through track days, the Texas Mile, 207mph and Texas summers and it looks as new as it did the day it was installed. For aesthetics and to avoid visible seams on my black paint, I had the entire front third of the car done instead of just part of the hood or part of the quarter panels or part of the doors. One thing I will highly recommend to you is that you get the rocker panels done as well or plan on replacing/repainting them. I didn't have mine done and they were torn up after the Texas Mile pretty good so I will have to replace them eventually. Just FYI.
Old 8/6/16, 09:09 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by mrc728
Thanks for the input. I'm actually much closer to Chicago, I'm sure there's plenty of installers there. I'll do some research and check out some reviews.
No problem.

If you're closer to Chicago, you'll have a smorgasbord of options there. But again, just do some research on installers, focus more on skill set than price. If you can afford a Shelby, you'll have no problem forking out about 2k for full hood and fender wraps .

Another important piece of advice - you'll probably drive her to where you'll get xpel'd right? Remember to apply blue painters tape (over a CLEAN surface) all over the front end and some of the rocker panels. Otherwise you'll be all chipped up before you even get the PPF applied

Burton is right about Xpel, it works the way it's advertised. I've had it on mine for almost four years now and it's been through track days, the Texas Mile, 207mph and Texas summers and it looks as new as it did the day it was installed. For aesthetics and to avoid visible seams on my black paint, I had the entire front third of the car done instead of just part of the hood or part of the quarter panels or part of the doors. One thing I will highly recommend to you is that you get the rocker panels done as well or plan on replacing/repainting them. I didn't have mine done and they were torn up after the Texas Mile pretty good so I will have to replace them eventually. Just FYI.
You are 100% on full coverage. Lesson learned for me. I have some minor chips and scrapes on painted surfaces where the partial xpel ends. Go figure. I'm going FULL hood and full fenders next time.
Old 8/6/16, 09:30 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,689 Likes on 1,207 Posts
I am hearing that the next 500 will base north of $80k, perhaps well north of it. I think buyers will be fortunate to attain one for less than six figures.
Wow,...seriously?

That means that's one more car I can cross off the list. 80k is still a lot of money, but 6 figures?! Let's hope that's not true.
Old 8/6/16, 09:44 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,689 Likes on 1,207 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
How about this Steeda Q750 Mustang
Nasty car. How does one acquire about getting one TJ?
Please pm me when you get a chance. Thank you.

????????????????
All in all Burton, it's more than "just a GT". It has all Steeda suspension, and packs about 700rwhp and about 600rwtq, or even more. And don't forget the Tremec transmission and tons of wheel/tire options. If you bought a "GT" for 35k and adding all those items yourself, you would be very close to the same amount in buying the Steeda car after all is said and done.
The one big plus,.......you can keep the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on your powertrain, God forbid something does go wrong. And personally, I think the Steeda car would be a lot more fun than the GT350 car, unless you do auto-x or road racing.

http://www.steedavehicles.com/q750/
Old 8/6/16, 10:23 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Nasty car. How does one acquire about getting one TJ?
Please pm me when you get a chance. Thank you.All in all Burton, it's more than "just a GT". It has all Steeda suspension, and packs about 700rwhp and about 600rwtq, or even more. And don't forget the Tremec transmission and tons of wheel/tire options. If you bought a "GT" for 35k and adding all those items yourself, you would be very close to the same amount in buying the Steeda car after all is said and done.
The one big plus,.......you can keep the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on your powertrain, God forbid something does go wrong. And personally, I think the Steeda car would be a lot more fun than the GT350 car, unless you do auto-x or road racing.

http://www.steedavehicles.com/q750/
Between the steeda car or a Shelby for the same price, I'd go with a Shelby all day. I'd still mod it of course, but my baseline will be significantly better.

Steeda makes "good" stuff, don't get me wrong. Heck, I have some steeda components. But I wouldn't consider them top top top tier. Especially not at a tier that would justify that price.

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/6/16 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Made a change