Old 6/15/16, 05:26 AM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Take a look at the Boss 302 rims.

I want to get these for my 2011 Yellow Blaze vert
Old 6/15/16, 06:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
IS the 1600 for just wheels or wheels and tires? Also, expand your search horizon beyond AM there are TONS of wheels out there go have a look you might find something you like.
Old 6/15/16, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Buy the wheels you like and then go to discount tire to get tires of your choice. If you buy tires without a mileage warranty get the tire replacement certificates with the tires. Rotating tires is truly over rated. Staggered looks better than not staggered IMO. If you wear out the rear tires just replace the rear tires. If the fronts wear out first just replace the two front tires.
Old 6/15/16, 08:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Oh by the way I like option #1
Old 6/15/16, 02:43 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
IS the 1600 for just wheels or wheels and tires? Also, expand your search horizon beyond AM there are TONS of wheels out there go have a look you might find something you like.
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
From the options you gave.... none of those
Exactly. I don't understand the significance of limiting one's choices to that vendor.

If cost is the concern, shop around. Tons of options under $1500.
Old 6/15/16, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Exactly. I don't understand the significance of limiting one's choices to that vendor.

If cost is the concern, shop around. Tons of options under $1500.
As I said in the initial post, this came after what must have been 2 years of research. Think I might have said couple weeks in OP, but that was a typo.
EDIT: My first post on the subject came August 2014, so not quite 2 years but you get the point.

I actually started with Stage 3, went looking at LMR, and eventually settled on AM. They have gotten fantastic customer service reviews and the quality of their products left people glowing. Also, free shipping on something like this is never a bad thing.

I also wanted to buy wheels SPECIFICALLY made for my car. I understand that there are literally thousands of wheel and tire makers, and most of them make a top notch quality product, but no matter what after doing the math on costs I was over $1500 or I was fearful about quality (lacked brand name, looked cheap, possible ripoff, etc.)

This wasn't just $1500 for wheels and tires. It was wheels+tires+nuts+mounting and balancing+TPMS sensors (possibly)+tax+shipping=$1500

That's a lot for that budget, but happily I got it done. I placed the order this morning.

I chose option 1, mainly I was going for looks from the get go. The closest my car will ever get to the track is parking at Maple Grove for the AM show. It's my DD, and I never even autocross the car.

That's why the width of the fronts in option 2 wasn't that appealing to me. I liked the idea, and it gives the car a pretty good look, but it wasn't what I needed. I do love gloss black wheels with black cars, but for some reason 20in charcoals beat 19in gloss blacks. It's gotta be in the tire wall size, or something like that.

I'm surprised no one talked about option 3. I really considered it because it had the look I wanted plus being a square set up I could rotate the tires. But I do think 8.5 is too skinny for these cars in the rear with 20in wheels, and I couldn't find enough pictures to see if I could tell the difference between 8.5 and 10 in the rear at a glance.

Total out the door was just north of $1400. All I have to do when they get here is put them on and sync the TPMS (which I decided to do with the savings). Great deal and I can't wait for them to arrive.

Not to get too deep and personal, but this purchase was a special to me because it was the reward to myself after one hell of a bad year. I was forced to withdraw from college in the fall for medical reasons, which sucks even more than it sounds. I managed to somehow squeeze in all my doctors visits, a full time job, and part time school at community college. I'm happy to say I'll be going back to my main college this fall, after being cleared to do so a few weeks back.

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it.

EDIT: HOLY HELL THIS POST IS LONG. SORRY

Last edited by alecmets2011; 6/15/16 at 05:05 PM.
Old 6/15/16, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
alecmets2011 (6/15/16)
Old 6/16/16, 07:24 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by alecmets2011
As I said in the initial post, this came after what must have been 2 years of research. Think I might have said couple weeks in OP, but that was a typo.
EDIT: My first post on the subject came August 2014, so not quite 2 years but you get the point.

I actually started with Stage 3, went looking at LMR, and eventually settled on AM. They have gotten fantastic customer service reviews and the quality of their products left people glowing. Also, free shipping on something like this is never a bad thing.

I also wanted to buy wheels SPECIFICALLY made for my car. I understand that there are literally thousands of wheel and tire makers, and most of them make a top notch quality product, but no matter what after doing the math on costs I was over $1500 or I was fearful about quality (lacked brand name, looked cheap, possible ripoff, etc.)

This wasn't just $1500 for wheels and tires. It was wheels+tires+nuts+mounting and balancing+TPMS sensors (possibly)+tax+shipping=$1500

That's a lot for that budget, but happily I got it done. I placed the order this morning.

I chose option 1, mainly I was going for looks from the get go. The closest my car will ever get to the track is parking at Maple Grove for the AM show. It's my DD, and I never even autocross the car.

That's why the width of the fronts in option 2 wasn't that appealing to me. I liked the idea, and it gives the car a pretty good look, but it wasn't what I needed. I do love gloss black wheels with black cars, but for some reason 20in charcoals beat 19in gloss blacks. It's gotta be in the tire wall size, or something like that.

I'm surprised no one talked about option 3. I really considered it because it had the look I wanted plus being a square set up I could rotate the tires. But I do think 8.5 is too skinny for these cars in the rear with 20in wheels, and I couldn't find enough pictures to see if I could tell the difference between 8.5 and 10 in the rear at a glance.

Total out the door was just north of $1400. All I have to do when they get here is put them on and sync the TPMS (which I decided to do with the savings). Great deal and I can't wait for them to arrive.

Not to get too deep and personal, but this purchase was a special to me because it was the reward to myself after one hell of a bad year. I was forced to withdraw from college in the fall for medical reasons, which sucks even more than it sounds. I managed to somehow squeeze in all my doctors visits, a full time job, and part time school at community college. I'm happy to say I'll be going back to my main college this fall, after being cleared to do so a few weeks back.

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it.

EDIT: HOLY HELL THIS POST IS LONG. SORRY
Given your circumstances, I won't give you grief. I would have chosen other options with other vendors for same, if not lower price. But it's your life, your money, and your choice/s. I'm happy for you. Congrats.
Old 6/16/16, 02:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,749 Posts
AM may have excellent customer service, however when it comes to their AMR wheels there have been several complaints about poor quality and being out of round..

As a matter of fact, I was considering the AM Saleen style and AM FR500 wheels until someone brought to my attention concerning the complaints about them being out of round..

Needless to say, I would recommend staying away from AM/AMR wheels and stick with name brands, such as Forgestar, Niche, Ford Racing, HRE, Velgen, Roush and Steeda..

In the end, I went with Steeda Spyders and couldn't be happier
Old 6/17/16, 07:13 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
AM may have excellent customer service, however when it comes to their AMR wheels there have been several complaints about poor quality and being out of round..

As a matter of fact, I was considering the AM Saleen style and AM FR500 wheels until someone brought to my attention concerning the complaints about them being out of round..

Needless to say, I would recommend staying away from AM/AMR wheels and stick with name brands, such as Forgestar, Niche, Ford Racing, HRE, Velgen, Roush and Steeda..

Well said Rocky. But I disagree wholeheartedly with your first sentence
Old 6/18/16, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We appreciate your support & feedback - if anyone is interested in reading about our wheels ... you can check this article out here: http://www.steeda.com/blog/2008/08/g...steeda-wheels/

Happy to work with the OP or anyone else on a set - you can email me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 6/18/16, 04:56 PM

Well said Rocky. But I disagree wholeheartedly with your first sentence
Burton ! Exactly what part in my first sentence do you disagree with ? if it's about what was posted in regarding what was brought to my attention about complaints with AM/AMR wheels being out of round.. I was strictly going by what was posted by another member in this forum..

-Rocky

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 6/18/16 at 04:57 PM.
Old 6/18/16, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
congrats, post some pics once you get them mounted on your car. Glad you're back to better health man.
Old 6/18/16, 09:01 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad your health is better.

Last edited by 14BlackGT; 6/18/16 at 09:14 PM.
Old 6/19/16, 06:54 AM
I Have No Life

Burton ! Exactly what part in my first sentence do you disagree with ? if it's about what was posted in regarding what was brought to my attention about complaints with AM/AMR wheels being out of round.. I was strictly going by what was posted by another member in this forum..

-Rocky
Lol. No prob rocky. I think the whole forum knows what I think about that vendor. I hate them beyond words and I can't even mutter those acronyms. So that's what I meant. No worries though. Each person is entitled to their opinion and choice. I have mine. They crossed the line with me years ago. Long story.
Old 6/19/16, 10:05 AM

Lol. No prob rocky. I think the whole forum knows what I think about that vendor. I hate them beyond words and I can't even mutter those acronyms. So that's what I meant. No worries though. Each person is entitled to their opinion and choice. I have mine. They crossed the line with me years ago. Long story.
Burton, there are no worries because I agree with you.. That's why I specifically said in my response to the OP, that AM may have excellent customer support ? As I was actually being sarcastic in my response to his post lol.

As for my personal experiences with AM are concerned.. They also lost my respect as a valued customer years ago as well for various reasons that I really don't feel like re-hashing right now..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 6/19/16 at 10:54 AM.
Old 6/20/16, 02:08 PM
I Have No Life

Burton, there are no worries because I agree with you.. That's why I specifically said in my response to the OP, that AM may have excellent customer support ? As I was actually being sarcastic in my response to his post lol.

As for my personal experiences with AM are concerned.. They also lost my respect as a valued customer years ago as well for various reasons that I really don't feel like re-hashing right now..
ahhhh I totally didn't catch the sarcasm. LOL. My bad.
Old 6/20/16, 02:23 PM

ahhhh I totally didn't catch the sarcasm. LOL. My bad.
My bad as well Burton, as I forgot to add the LOL at the end of that first sentence
Old 6/26/16, 09:26 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scratch on new rim

Just put them on my car. Love the way they look, but one small problem that could turn into a huge problem.

It looks to extend under the tire. Only thing I can think of is poor tire mounting. I emailed AM last night and hope to hear back by Tuesday.