05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

GT500 My Color Instrument Cluster 09/29/23 Edited & Updated

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/07, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just figured when the A pillar gets its new gauges having all the relevant stuff on one side makes more sense. I hate the gas door on the left though...
Old 5/2/07, 07:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A shift light solves all these problems too
Old 5/21/07, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just picked mine up from the dealership. Works like a charm and couldn't be happier!

Willie
Old 5/21/07, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you order from Steve at Tousley Ford:

http://www.tousleyford.com/

you won't need the PN. Just tell him you want the GT500 cluster. He sold me one for $222.85 + shipping + core.

If you still want the PN, I can look it up.

Willie
Old 5/22/07, 05:37 AM
V6 Member

Wiilie,
The GT500 gauge cluster you ordered from Tousley Ford, how did you get the current mileage transfered to the new cluster?Can Touley have it sent out first to have the mileage loaded correctly or are you just starting out at Zero miles. I really like the looks of that GT500 cluster.I replaced the gauge face with a white one from US Speedo on my 05 GT but it's still not what I want. Thanks, put up some pic's when you have it installed.
Old 5/22/07, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's how it works: Steve does not stock the clusters. I believe the Cluster Center does. When you talk to Steve, he'll ask for your VIN and current mileage. I gave him my mileage and we added 200 miles to it. The Cluster Center programs this mileage into the cluster, then ships it to Tousley. They then ship it to you. Basically the mileage you want them to program is a "best guess" as to how many you feel your car will have. I'm not sure how much mileage discrepancy is considered acceptable. In my case I had 23789 miles programmed into the new cluster. When I arrived at the local dealership to have it installed, my odometer read 23788.7. How's that for close?

Today, I'm having my GT cluster installed in my wife's V6. When I dropped her car off late yesterday, the odometer read 23762.0. I'm off by 27 miles but hey, it's better than being over I guess....

Willie
Old 5/24/07, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

After a couple of days of usage, here's what I like and dislike. I assumed the shift light is made functional through the tune like the V6 and GT cluster. It is not. The light can be turned on/off, the chime turned on/off and the rpm set with the message center buttons.... really cool. I think the red-white-blue My-Color setting is kind of cool and unique but I don't like the blaring red. I also don't like the cluster background color. It's sort of a medium charcoal and in bright sunlight, there isn't enough contrast with the markings/numbers, making it a little difficult to read. I wish it was black like all the other clusters for this car. If someone were to make an overlay (black and/or white), I'd get it in an instant....

Willie
Old 5/24/07, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Willie
Today, I'm having my GT cluster installed in my wife's V6. When I dropped her car off late yesterday, the odometer read 23762.0. I'm off by 27 miles but hey, it's better than being over I guess....

Willie
Did the dealership have any issues installing the GT cluster in the V6? Does everything seem to work OK on the V6 console now? I had read that the GT cluster was not compatible with the V6. Assuming you didn't have any issues I suppose this means that the clusters are pretty similar.
Old 5/24/07, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did the dealership have any issues installing the GT cluster in the V6?

None!

Does everything seem to work OK on the V6 console now?

Yes! All guages work perfectly and the tach is right on!

I had read that the GT cluster was not compatible with the V6. Assuming you didn't have any issues I suppose this means that the clusters are pretty similar.

Let's just say that I've done it and it works. I believe the trick is to make sure the data from the original V6 cluster gets loaded into the GT cluster. Otherwise, I believe the two additional gauges won't function properly and the tach might be off.

And My-Color works too in a car that originally did not have it.

Willie
Old 5/25/07, 05:28 AM
V6 Member

Hey Willie,
Thanks for the latest update.I was really on the fence about swapping out the cluster for the same reasons you just stated.I don't like the looks of the dark gray background.I had r/r the black gauge face with a white one,plus installed Autometer C2 white faced boost and fuel pressure gauges in a SOS A-Pillar pod. So if some company out there comes out with a white face for the GT500 I'll probable go that route. One note though setting the needles back onto the gauges correctly is PITA. I must have removed them atleast 3 or 4 times before they would read correctly.

Thanks Again ---- Zoomerman46
Old 9/29/23, 06:20 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
i am thinking about this when i order the Whipple, will help to have a bppst guage on the cluster, then all i would need is the volts and trans temp, i will just run the rest of the guages with the carputer
I am Simply Answering the Question For Others Not The Op Who is Long Gone Just Incase You are Wondering!

The Boost Gauge is Operated Through the PCM and Can Not Be Adapted to Non Gt-500 Pcm's If Memory Serves I Got That Info From ROUSH. The Dealer I Worked at Was a Roush Dealer When The Question was First Asked.

The Install Needs To Be in Car With The My Color Option or Has Wiring For Switch and Switch Added.

I Edited Out All the Bad Links And UnRelated Chit Chat to Make This a Quicker Read!

The Best Part of This Topic is Verification a V8 Cluster Works in a V6! Although it is Unclear if It Will Have to Be Reprogrammed!

ONLY 42 MORE THREADS TO READ & EDIT! AYE CARUMBA WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!

Mgb,

KC