05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

2005-2009 Mustang S-197 In the shop getting 6-gauge MYCOLOR installed

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/05, 09:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+April 19, 2005, 5:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ April 19, 2005, 5:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by adrenalin@April 19, 2005, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by nitwhitt-v-6@April 19, 2005, 4:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin
@April 19, 2005, 11:59 AM
How much was the IUP option when ordering compared to what you are paying afterwards?

The IUP up grade from factory is $450

Then I don't understand why people didn't order the car with it and save some cash
Dito, but to each his own.
[/b][/quote]

Here is my response to the same question posted on a different thread.

I have couple of points to make about your reply.

1) IUP cars are hard to come by. At the time I bought my car the lawsuit had just started and I wasn't sure if it was even going to be an option in the future. You could however get the dash through the parts department. An odd loophole, but it worked.

2)Of course now you can order the car however you want, but to many people have spent way to much time waiting just to find out the dealer really didn't or cannot order their car this year.

3) I absolutely hate the silver dash panel. You might think it would be easier to replace this than what we did, but the passenger air bag is integrated into the dash panel it is actually very expensive. More than what I spent.

4) Adding up what I spent my total comes to right at $400 (with labor) for the entire IUP package. That's what it cost to get it from the factory. Had I bought the factory IUP and replaced the dash panels I would have spent way more.

So I think I came out better.
Old 4/19/05, 09:58 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally posted by Tigger05@April 19, 2005, 2:44 PM
I just ordered the cluster and switch myself. I also ordered the sill plates. I was going to have the dealer install the My Color, but I will probably do the sills. How difficult was that? Do they fit in right over the existing sill?

Your cluster came in next day? Where are you located? The dealer I ordered from said they are on back order...no estimate on time to get...urgghhhh!!!

Beckie

P.S. Mine is a GT versus V6
I checked on the clusters last week for the late Production Gt's Last week. Fords Cluster Center had eighty in stock! The switch is on a mild back order takes about 10 days to get I have four due in soon! Most Dealers try and order direct. It does not work! If they follow my instruction in the IUP post 1 VERBATIM they should be able to get you a cluster! However a New Snag reared it's Ugly head today! A convertible built in april mysteriously does not have the Switch wiring as per Tiberious. So before attempting the conversion make sure the wiring is there! It shoud be plugged into the Dummy Plate. Maybe it was a freek Maybe ford is phasing out the message center who knows! Email me if you need assistance with your Dealer! I just recieved a cluster in one day after ordering it! They are out there! If you email please include vin#

kc
Old 9/30/23, 01:42 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I checked on the clusters last week for the late Production Gt's Last week. Fords Cluster Center had eighty in stock! The switch is on a mild back order takes about 10 days to get I have four due in soon! Most Dealers try and order direct. It does not work! If they follow my instruction in the IUP post 1 VERBATIM they should be able to get you a cluster! However a New Snag reared it's Ugly head today! A convertible built in april mysteriously does not have the Switch wiring as per Tiberious. So before attempting the conversion make sure the wiring is there! It shoud be plugged into the Dummy Plate. Maybe it was a freek Maybe ford is phasing out the message center who knows! Email me if you need assistance with your Dealer! I just recieved a cluster in one day after ordering it! They are out there! If you email please include vin#

kc
The Bummer Post Back In the Day Advising Some Cars Did Not Have The Plug! All I Can Say is You Have To Check For Plug. I Never Got Date Range or Something to Check That Would Indicate a Car Having The Wiring or Not!

Mgb,

KC