05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

2005-2009 Mustang S-197 Replaced the instrument cluster. with My Color! GOOD INFO!

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/14, 12:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005-2009 Mustang S-197 Replaced the instrument cluster. with My Color! GOOD INFO!

So my instrument cluster went out, so I replaced it. The new one works fine, however a couple of things have changed. I now get warning alarm when I put the vehicle in reverse, that's annoying but I could live with it. I also get a warning alarm when I hit 75mph, and it reminds me about every 30 seconds, now that is just wrong. I got to disable this thing. Does anyone know if Ford has to do it or can it be done another way. And yes, turning the radio up does help.
Old 3/7/14, 07:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to take it to the dealer and have the instrument cluster reprogrammed to the asbuilt program for your vehicle.
Old 3/7/14, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I did that today, thanks. What bugs me is the dealer I purchased the cluster from could have downloaded the information from the old cluster thus saving me from having to the as built program, a long with having to reprogramming the keys. They never told me this had to be done. So much for quality customer service. That is the last time I purchase anything from Sunrise Ford in Fontana Ca. Thanks again.

Last edited by antdog; 3/7/14 at 10:14 PM.
Old 9/30/23, 12:56 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
The Clusters As Sold By Ford Were Never Supposed To Be Plug & Play In All Applications. They Were Merely Prepared with Correct Mileage. Especially When Doing a Retrofit Such as One Members 07 Gt-500 Cluster in a 05 Gt.

Ok, Here is the Low Down on the Quirks You Can Run into with trying to Install a Dealer Supplied Cluster Over The Counter or Some Used Clusters as Well. The Reverse Beep and The 75 Mph Warning Were Features For Fleet & Rental Cars. So If You Are Hunting in the Wrecking Yard Try & Stay Away From Those Cars. Look For a Sticker on the Car Like Hertz Rent a Car Etc. Check Glove Box For Any Old Paperwork Indicating Rental and Also a Lot of Rental Cars Had a Moulding Mid Door, The Old Door Protection Moulding From Years Past! Only see Them on Rentals Unless Somebody Added or Special Ordered.

Might As Well Touch Base on TPMS. Tpms Came Out in 2007 So a 2007 Up Used Cluster is Likely to Give a TPMS Warning. If you Try & Use on an 05-06. Inversely an 05-06 Cluster Used in an 07 Up it Will Likely Not Be Tpms Capable or at the Very Least Enabled. You May Actually Like Getting Rid of That!

So He Was Angry About the As-Built Vs The Cluster Download. It's Really the Same Thing. You Either Pull All the As-Built Out of Old Cluster While Still in the Car and Then Put it Into New Cluster or You Pull As Built Off of The Ford Site and Install in New Cluster Installed in Car.

The Key Thing is Still a Little Gray To Me. I was Told Back in the Day and on My First My Color Upgrade That Keys Would Have To Be Reprogrammed Whenever a Cluster Was Installed. Yet Time & Time Again Members Have Said it Was Not Necessary. Now Silver Horse Racing Had One That Needed Key Programming After Cluster Install, So I Would Surmise Something gets Mucked Up Once in Awhile in Regards To Keys so if You Have to Have a Dealer As-Built Take All Keys & Transmitters Just in case!

This Will Again Be Addressed in Main Forum. I Just Wanted to Let You See a Scenario & The Truth.

Checking All Angle So this Will Be the End All My Color Forum For the 05-09's!

Mgb,

KC