Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

Show me your convertibles!

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/13, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, I'm 23 and I am contractor and I've built 3 houses. I'm hard working, I've paid for my car, bought it to enjoy it. Came with hard work

I've been dealing with people in aspects saying Im too young to have a car like this.
Or if they don't have it, I shouldn't have one.
I have ego problems because bright red paint. Vert mustang,

70% people I know don't even know I've been building, they think I'm a common carpenter. I don't care to boast. I believe We're not suppose to,

They say comments like they're joking, but really it's just a snide comment
Old 8/19/13, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
You got yours the old fashioned way - you earned it. Be proud of what you have accomplished and, as difficult as it will be, learn to ignore the stupid and envious people and their rude comments. My hat is off to you. Enjoy that vert.
Old 8/19/13, 11:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedGT12
Okay, I'm 23 and I am contractor and I've built 3 houses. I'm hard working, I've paid for my car, bought it to enjoy it. Came with hard work

I've been dealing with people in aspects saying Im too young to have a car like this.

70% people I know don't even know I've been building, they think I'm a common carpenter. I don't care to boast. I believe We're not suppose to,

It's called jealousy...

I wouldn't let comments like that dictate whether you drive it to work or not. You spent your hard earned money on the car, not them. I am not sure how you having this car is any of their concern really... I agree, enjoy it and ignore the idiots...
Old 8/19/13, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght

It's called jealousy...

I wouldn't let comments like that dictate whether you drive it to work or not. You spent your hard earned money on the car, not them. I am not sure how you having this car is any of their concern really... I agree, enjoy it and ignore the idiots...
Thanks you guys.

Hard work definitely pays off and nights like tonight where I enjoyed the top down with heated seats. Yep worth every penny I spent.

If it's jealousy or whatever pogo stick their riding. I try let it pass. And it does, because I know how much work I've done get it.

It's like when someone calls me lazy, I don't get mad because I know I've been working tons.

Btw. Perfect night for the vert
Old 8/20/13, 06:11 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
RedGT12, good for you! Ignore those comments. If more young folks worked as hard as you we wouldn't have this entitled mentality that exists right now. Far too many want things for nothing, and put down the hard workers. It's a sad state of affairs.
Old 8/20/13, 08:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
RedGT12, good for you! Ignore those comments. If more young folks worked as hard as you we wouldn't have this entitled mentality that exists right now. Far too many want things for nothing, and put down the hard workers. It's a sad state of affairs.
My dad put a hammer in my hand when I was 8, still have lot to learn, I've been blessed and give thanks daily to The Lord.
But yea this was something I go thru,
So back on track here's one one me just cleaned it up. I don't think posted it before....
Attached Thumbnails Show me your convertibles!-image-3921993594.jpg  
Old 8/20/13, 09:10 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

Good for you man. I remember when i had my first z28 convertible in '91, and then a new Lincoln LS, "he must be a drug dealer to afford those" LOL! I work in IT. My hat's off to you. You earned it.
Old 8/20/13, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If more young folks worked as hard as you we wouldn't have this entitled mentality that exists right now. Far too many want things for nothing, and put down the hard workers. It's a sad state of affairs.
GOD YES! I am tired of people having this mentality! I have worked hard all my life and frustrates me to no end when people get jealous of what I have, not knowing what it took to get it. I worked hard, made sacrifices and made smart (and hard) decisions. I am glad there are still people out there that have the drive to work hard (and had good parents/role models to teach them)! Restores my faith in the future a bit...
Old 8/20/13, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT

Good for you man. I remember when i had my first z28 convertible in '91, and then a new Lincoln LS, "he must be a drug dealer to afford those" LOL! I work in IT. My hat's off to you. You earned it.
Isn't it awesome to enjoy something you worked hard for!!
Cherish alot more. It's just a car but it's fun to see work go towards something you enjoy
Old 8/20/13, 10:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Isn't it awesome to enjoy something you worked hard for!!
Cherish alot more. It's just a car but it's fun to see work go towards something you enjoy
yup, and it's a MUSTANG not a BENTLEY, sheesh! I don't smoke or drink so that is a huge annual savings that allows me to buy a mustang and mod it etc.
Old 8/20/13, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

yup, and it's a MUSTANG not a BENTLEY, sheesh! I don't smoke or drink so that is a huge annual savings that allows me to buy a mustang and mod it etc.
Lol. Your post reminded me of me. I don't drink either. When I was young, I'd go to the bar with my friends and put aside the amount of money they spent at the bar. That was my mod money. Now, buying girls drinks totally slowed down my modding.
Old 8/20/13, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know it's just mustang, but you get into these small ego towns, where if they don't have, they think you shouldn't have. And since I'm not from small farm town. They look at me like I'm a foreign spoiled child.
Crazy but true,
Attached Images  
Old 8/20/13, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can't wait for my paycheck, gonna have fun going tool shopping and get borla exhaust!!
Old 8/20/13, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Couldn't have said it better. Red, I get the same thing at times. Just remember, you did the right thing and deserve the fruits of your labor.

The Wifey , and I own a '13 Mustang GT, a '13 F-150 Platinum, a '07 Vett, and a '67 Camaro. We worked for everything we have, and didn't ask a soul for anything. The chitheads can kiss my rear section.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/20/13 at 01:08 PM.
Old 8/20/13, 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wanted33

Couldn't have said it better. Red, I get the same thing at times. Just remember, you did the right thing and deserve the fruits of your labor.

The Wifey , and I own a '13 Mustang GT, a '13 F-150 Platinum, a '07 Vett, and a '67 Camaro. We worked for everything we have, and didn't ask a soul for anything. The chitheads can kiss my ***.
That's a nice showcase of vehicles.
Old 8/20/13, 01:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
That's a nice showcase of vehicles.
Thanks David. The Wifey tells folks it keeps me from drinking liquor, and chasing women.
Old 8/20/13, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't turn away the 67, I'm a sucker for the 67-68 camaro.
Sharp looking car
Attached Images  
Old 8/20/13, 03:07 PM
GT Member

David, I bought my '67 Mustang vert when I was 13. In my family, you are an adult at 12, and I went into business for myself, raising cattle. My first 20 I sold, I made a hefty profit through hard work and watching my bottom line, and my father strongly suggested I celebrate my profits by buying this car.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see you enjoying the righteous fruits of your labor.

The only thing that would warm it even more is to know that at 23, you are investing some, too.....

Good on you, sir!
Old 8/20/13, 03:14 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,014 Likes on 630 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33

The Wifey , and I own a '13 Mustang GT, a '13 F-150 Platinum, a '07 Vett, and a '67 Camaro. We worked for everything we have, and didn't ask a soul for anything. The chitheads can kiss my rear section.
Now I'm jealous!!
Just kidding. I enjoy my rides too and always have.
I was 27 when I bought my first NEW car in FL for $9,616, just 4 years older than RedGT12.
It was a good choice, and unlike his experience, I received a lot of when I went to work. Times change.
Oh, here it is, an '82 GT. 4 speed 5.0L with a whopping 157 HP!
Show me your convertibles!-82-gt.jpg
Old 8/20/13, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 67Drewstang

David, I bought my '67 Mustang vert when I was 13. In my family, you are an adult at 12, and I went into business for myself, raising cattle. My first 20 I sold, I made a hefty profit through hard work and watching my bottom line, and my father strongly suggested I celebrate my profits by buying this car.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see you enjoying the righteous fruits of your labor.

The only thing that would warm it even more is to know that at 23, you are investing some, too.....

Good on you, sir!
Oh we were raised kinda the same, that's a nice first purchase.
Im saving up for a piece of land..lol and I know the future wife is gonna be an expense. Haha
When I go out with the lady admirers..haha j/k I bring my truck and after a while the mustang comes out. Want to thin out the gold miners..lol On a more serious note
So investing/saving is important. I didn't even want to buy a car at first because the values seem to disappear, but the bank wanted to see some loans before I try buy a property. So I went big and always like what you guys are driving. Can't go wrong there
Life is full of lessons and there's a semi truck load I'm still gonna learn from

Quick Reply: Show me your convertibles!