Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

Show me your convertibles!

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/13, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
such a classic beauty redgt. any cosmetic mods planned? stripes? wheels?
I wouldn't be against a white stripe done the hood, I've been waiting to save up, just sold the house I built this past year, huge blessing!! so this winter, hopefully I can get sum mods ready.
I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a manual. And thank you, you have a beast of a ride yourself!!!!
Old 10/8/13, 12:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by RedGT12
I wouldn't be against a white stripe done the hood, I've been waiting to save up, just sold the house I built this past year, huge blessing!! so this winter, hopefully I can get sum mods ready.
I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a manual. And thank you, you have a beast of a ride yourself!!!!
a single stripe like this would look amazing on yours.

Old 10/8/13, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

a single stripe like this would look amazing on yours.
That would. And that hood would be nice too,
I like your models front appearance more than mine. You have more grill options. I have a roush, mine and the boss which I'd never do.
Old 10/8/13, 01:13 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

That would. And that hood would be nice too,
I like your models front appearance more than mine. You have more grill options. I have a roush, mine and the boss which I'd never do.
I am looking at a ram air hood, too. something functional. I'd love the supersnake hood. pricing it out first.
Old 10/8/13, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am looking at a ram air hood, too. something functional. I'd love the supersnake hood. pricing it out first.
Yea I'm not sure what I want to do with the front end, if the 12' Shelby has your front end, couldn't I get it? At least the grill and whatnot.
My father likes my car, so he told me to get a new one so he could have mine. I'm not sure what I'd do if that happens. Always like the 04 cobra, maroon paint, or a simple 14' with my vert, DIB or maroon paint. But I'd like try a manual.
Old 10/8/13, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I'm not sure what I want to do with the front end, if the 12' Shelby has your front end, couldn't I get it? At least the grill and whatnot.
My father likes my car, so he told me to get a new one so he could have mine. I'm not sure what I'd do if that happens. Always like the 04 cobra, maroon paint, or a simple 14' with my vert, DIB or maroon paint. But I'd like try a manual.
I answered my own question, found it on American muscle!
Old 10/9/13, 05:29 PM

Just took delivery 2 weeks ago!!
I'm interested in adding one of those black Style/Roll bars that I've been seeing on others Convert's. Can anyone tell me where the best deals are for buying one, and how hard are they to install? What is the typical cost of one?
Attached Thumbnails Show me your convertibles!-my_new_stang.jpg  
Old 10/9/13, 05:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt_Speed
I'm interested in adding one of those black Style/Roll bars that I've been seeing on others Convert's. Can anyone tell me where the best deals are for buying one, and how hard are they to install? What is the typical cost of one?
Congrats!

I have the CDC bar (without the light) and have been happy with it. I actually had it on my '06 and when I sold the car, took it off and installed it on the '13!

So, it depends on if you want one with or without a light. With a light, they are available quite a few places (ie: American Muscle). Without, I know the CDC website carries them and I am sure you can find them like on Ebay and such. There are a couple different brands as well (CDC, MMD, etc.). Here's the CDC one at AM w/light: http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdc-ch...tbar-0512.html

As far as installation, it's not too bad, but there is drilling into the body involved and you have to take out the back seats and surrounding plastic pieces...
Old 10/9/13, 06:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Nice car (but you're in the way lol!)

The style bars look good when coupled with a rear wind diffuser too. I think American Muscle has some. You will need a drill as you need to install it through the plastic panel just behind the doors. 275-300 ish seems the current pricing.
Old 10/9/13, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I've always wanted one of these & thought I would get one as soon as we got our convertible. The biggest reason I decided not to install one is because you need to drill a 1" diameter hole in the tops of the interior panel just above where the front seatbelts go in. That means if you ever have an issue with the bar or want to remove it, there will be 1" holes in the tops of these panels. If you're not very careful, the material in these areas can rip & I'm sure that these pieces are not cheap from Ford if you have to replace one.

At all the car shows we've been to over the past years, I've tried to park our car next to cars with the styling bars. I actually prefer the clean look without the bar on the newer cars. If I had a new edge, I'd definitely get one because I think they really compliment the shape of the car. The newer cars... meh.
Old 10/10/13, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
I've always wanted one of these & thought I would get one as soon as we got our convertible. The biggest reason I decided not to install one is because you need to drill a 1" diameter hole in the tops of the interior panel just above where the front seatbelts go in. That means if you ever have an issue with the bar or want to remove it, there will be 1" holes in the tops of these panels. If you're not very careful, the material in these areas can rip & I'm sure that these pieces are not cheap from Ford if you have to replace one.

At all the car shows we've been to over the past years, I've tried to park our car next to cars with the styling bars. I actually prefer the clean look without the bar on the newer cars. If I had a new edge, I'd definitely get one because I think they really compliment the shape of the car. The newer cars... meh.
The tops aren't too bad from what I remember (although I did get a discount on mine)... I want to say they were around $40 a piece when I bought mine like a year ago. The nice thing was the same tops for the '05-'09 worked on my '13! So I bought new tops for the '06 I had, took the bar out, replaced the tops with the new ones then used the already drilled ones on my '13 (so I didn't have to drill again) and have the '13 ones as spares (if I ever wanted to go back to no bar)... And I have had a styling bar since '07 (my '06 and now my '13) and have not had any problems with it...

The styling bar is definitely not for everyone, but I love them... I have loved the look since the '60's, and personally think they look good on the '05 and later models...
Old 10/10/13, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght

The tops aren't too bad from what I remember (although I did get a discount on mine)... I want to say they were around $40 a piece when I bought mine like a year ago. The nice thing was the same tops for the '05-'09 worked on my '13! So I bought new tops for the '06 I had, took the bar out, replaced the tops with the new ones then used the already drilled ones on my '13 (so I didn't have to drill again) and have the '13 ones as spares (if I ever wanted to go back to no bar)... And I have had a styling bar since '07 (my '06 and now my '13) and have not had any problems with it...

The styling bar is definitely not for everyone, but I love them... I have loved the look since the '60's, and personally think they look good on the '05 and later models...
I think it looks good on this model. Not really big fan of them, I feel like they would get in the way for me,
Are they just for appearance?
Attached Images   
Old 10/10/13, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

I think it looks good on this model. Not really big fan of them, I feel like they would get in the way for me,
Are they just for appearance?
Get in the way? The only time they have been "in the way" was a couple times friends have gotten in the back seat (with the top up) and they accidentally hit their head on the bar (cause they didn't know it was there). It has never been in my way driving (doesn't block any sight lines, at least for me)...

The styling bar (sans light) is only for appearance and the one with the light gives you an extra brake light when the top is down. No roll over protection (the bar is hollow) or safety additions with the bar in.
Old 10/10/13, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Get in the way? The only time they have been "in the way" was a couple times friends have gotten in the back seat (with the top up) and they accidentally hit their head on the bar (cause they didn't know it was there). It has never been in my way driving (doesn't block any sight lines, at least for me)...

The styling bar (sans light) is only for appearance and the one with the light gives you an extra brake light when the top is down. No roll over protection (the bar is hollow) or safety additions with the bar in.
Yea Id have to drive it to see if I'd like it. But from looks it seem like it be a hinderance to me.ive never driven with one, so maybe I wouldn't mind it once I got one
Old 10/10/13, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have gone back and forth on the style bar. I have other things to do till then anyways like the CDC shaker kit.
Old 10/10/13, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Yea Id have to drive it to see if I'd like it. But from looks it seem like it be a hinderance to me.ive never driven with one, so maybe I wouldn't mind it once I got one
Like I mentioned, you don't even notice it when driving... But yeah, if you aren't 100% wanting to get one, I'd definitely check out someone else's first...

Originally Posted by SpeedCostsMoney
I have gone back and forth on the style bar. I have other things to do till then anyways like the CDC shaker kit.
Man, I want that Shaker scoop too, but it's so friggin' expensive! Maybe one day...
Old 10/10/13, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What makes it so expensive is I need the get this since the Strut tower bar will be removed to install it. I do not want to lose the rigidity since it is a vert.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...race-0510.html
Old 10/10/13, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like I mentioned, you don't even notice it when driving... But yeah, if you aren't 100% wanting to get one, I'd definitely check out someone else's first...

Man, I want that Shaker scoop too, but it's so friggin' expensive! Maybe one day...
Agreed, I'll have do some cruising around,
Old 10/10/13, 11:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpeedCostsMoney
What makes it so expensive is I need the get this since the Strut tower bar will be removed to install it. I do not want to lose the rigidity since it is a vert.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whitel...race-0510.html
Yep. Same here...
Old 10/10/13, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think I'm the only 5.0 vert in the area, haven't seen em around, only hard tops

Quick Reply: Show me your convertibles!