Custom Vanity Personalized License Plates & Brackets /Delete Brackets Threads Over The Years With Members Custom Plates

Need Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/11, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyM
Are you sure it's not just the bracket that is crooked? There are two "dimples" from factory for guidance before it's drilled.
picked the car up Sat., went back & forth on installing. They said it got pop riveted on. This was all done while I was inside signing the paper work. Just noticed it earlier today while I was reviewing picts at work. Have to wait till I get home and see how it's really put on. I may live with it for a while as I want to add silver Le mans strips "later" and the body shop can fill/paint then.

BTW: '12 Kona Blue V6 Premium/AT, NAV, Elec, Comfort, 3.31 RAR, Glass Roof

thanks for everyone's input
Old 6/6/11, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I dealer traded for my last car and it showed up with a plate bracket on front. I was sick. I removed it and used some trim push pins to fill the holes. I painted the pins white to match the cars paint. I don't think anyone really noticed but me.

There is a little play between the bracket and the rivets so if you have to drill out the rivet and reinstall I'd bet you can straighten the bracket out.
Old 6/6/11, 08:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Mine came with it from the factory.
Old 6/7/11, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I reminded the dealer about 12 times not to put one on my car . . . I'm hoping Ohio gets rid of them like they are talking about.
Old 6/7/11, 06:24 PM
GT Member

I told my dealer they would be buying me a brand new front bumper if they drilled it to mount the front license plate. They left my bumper alone!

Craig's bracket didn't do it for me. Anybody want it? Very gently used, haha. I'm carrying the front license plate in the rear floorpan and hoping for lenience if it ever comes up.
Old 6/8/11, 12:11 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE=Agent;6087163
I'm carrying the front license plate in the rear floorpan and hoping for lenience if it ever comes up.[/QUOTE] They won't i got a ticket. No front plate= TICKET. They don't care they need the money.
Old 6/8/11, 12:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by r1rider98
They won't i got a ticket. No front plate= TICKET. They don't care they need the money.

I'm with you on that route... I've just kept it in the back for an entire year now. It's there and good to go... I just don't get pulled over as I thought I might have been by this point.
Old 6/8/11, 05:45 PM

I am using the retractable plate sold by American Muscle. I'm very satisfied by it.
Attached Images  
Old 4/28/13, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

In case anyone is still torn between the cheap factory front bracket that requires front fascia drilling and an alternative that doesn't require any, I'm choosing the Sto N Sho from CJ PonyParts for my (soon to arrive) 2014 GT. It's pricey, but simple as pie to pull and install for shows, the track and so forth. Just pull a spring-loaded pin and it slides right out.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-p...-2014/p/LPB25/

Old 4/28/13, 04:21 PM
V6 Member

I also recently picked up my '14. Thankfully, front plates are not issued in OK. I did ask that the dealer not install the bracket, just in case. I can easily see how they would, just to have a place to put one of their dealership tags! At any rate, they did not install the bracket, and there is a bag of screws in the console that Ford supplied for that purpose. As a side note, they didn't put any dealership emblems or decals on it either! Not that they would have made it home with me, LOL. They did put on a tag frame with their name on it when they installed the D-tag, but it is actually a pretty nice one, so I may leave it for a little while.
Old 4/28/13, 05:53 PM
Banned

My states always require a front plate bracket. Yet I've never put one on any of my cars in the 14 years of driving/having a license and I've only ONCE been harassed about no front plate.
Old 4/28/13, 05:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
My states always require a front plate bracket. Yet I've never put one on any of my cars in the 14 years of driving/having a license and I've only ONCE been harassed about no front plate.
I've never had a front plate either in 22 years of driving in a state that requires it. It did save me money once. I got pulled over for speeding and the cop said he'd cut me a break and give me a fix it ticket for my missing front plate. That's the only ticket I've ever gotten for it and I was happy to get it.
Old 4/28/13, 07:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I've been happy with the solution I came up with. The top and bottom of the plate have been bent over to make it fit the lower grill opening. You can still read the state name and the plate number, so I'm sure I won't get any hassle for it. It is bolted on so very secure and no rattles and no paint rubbing. It has not affected operating temps at all.

Old 4/28/13, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I've been happy with the solution I came up with. The top and bottom of the plate have been bent over to make it fit the lower grill opening. You can still read the state name and the plate number, so I'm sure I won't get any hassle for it. It is bolted on so very secure and no rattles and no paint rubbing. It has not affected operating temps at all.
That can't be legal. Sure would like to see what it looks like, but I guess you have stalkers.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/28/13 at 07:12 PM.
Old 4/29/13, 12:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty sure that's not legal in WA. I love the Craig's bracket. It makes the plate sit pretty far out. I clipped a bird flying off the side of the road going to the show Saturday morning and it happened to hit the super long Euro plate and it bent that side but didn't impact the bumper.

Last edited by Stevedotmil; 4/29/13 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12/21/14, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz

This is pure genius and exactly the solution I've been looking for! Thank you!
Old 12/21/14, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I spoke to the Washington State Patrol before my car arrived and explained what I had in mind. The answer I got was that if the entire state name and plate number are visible nobody would ever give me any grief. I also spoke to a Lt. with the patrol face-to-face and he confirmed it was just fine. It's been on there for the better part of two years and no problems with either the law or cooling.

I used a bench vice to double fold over the top and bottom so there is a bit of space inside the fold. I had a strip of aluminum and cut two pieces that would fit the folded size of the plate and drilled three holes in them. They are secured to the plate with very short bolts, lock washers and nuts. There is a longer bolt that goes through the third hole and is installed before the strips are secured to the plate. There is a longer strip of aluminum that has two holes drilled in it. The long bolts go through holes in the lower grill. The long strip of aluminum goes on over the bolts and it is secured with lock washers and nuts. I did have to remove fasteners to lower the plastic shield and get my hands in behind the grill. The plate is VERY secure, touches no metal on the car and has had NO effect on cooling in very hot temps.