Custom Vanity Personalized License Plates & Brackets /Delete Brackets Threads Over The Years With Members Custom Plates

The DMV rejected my vanity plate!

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/08, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope it works out this time. If not, you could try "EVL PNY". If that doesn't work, why not see if "FAHQ DMV" gets through?

Good luck.
Old 5/15/08, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

lol thats funny to
Old 5/15/08, 07:19 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've got one how about DMV SUX

or... DMV KMA

Old 5/16/08, 05:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id say drop the h and try DVLS GT, OR DVLSPNY. Then tell them the DVLS means Daniel, Victoria, Laura and Steven, the names of your four children in order of birth. They asked me what mine meant before they were approved, ETNOATS. I still don't think the lady put it together that a mustang is a horse and horses eat oats.
Old 5/16/08, 07:00 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was actually concerned that mine would get rejected because it would offend people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's rediculous how PC things have become.
Old 5/16/08, 08:25 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I was actually concerned that mine would get rejected because it would offend people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It's rediculous how PC things have become.
I used to work in a restaurant and one of the desserts was called "chocolate suicide". Some lady was offended cuz someone she knew committed suicide so they took it off the menu
Old 5/16/08, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow thats lame but was it good
Chocolate suicide
Old 5/17/08, 12:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I used to work in a restaurant and one of the desserts was called "chocolate suicide". Some lady was offended cuz someone she knew committed suicide so they took it off the menu
man, that's pathetic. No matter what you say or do eventually somebody will get offended.
Old 5/19/08, 05:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so what happened?
Old 5/19/08, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
So why didn't they just kick her out and tell her to take her offended sensibilities elsewhere?

Stupid, "professionally offended" people need to be taught a lesson that being "offended" is not the way to attract attention, get free meals, large settlements, etc.

An appropriate response to that lady would have been, "with friends like you no WONDER she committed suicide... now GET OUT and go be offended somewhere else"
Old 5/19/08, 08:30 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
So why didn't they just kick her out and tell her to take her offended sensibilities elsewhere?

Stupid, "professionally offended" people need to be taught a lesson that being "offended" is not the way to attract attention, get free meals, large settlements, etc.

An appropriate response to that lady would have been,
"with friends like you no WONDER she committed suicide... now GET OUT and go be offended somewhere else"
Old 5/19/08, 09:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
God I love this group!
Old 5/20/08, 10:13 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Common sense rules! I like how the vast majorit of people here get it. Where are the rest out in the world?
Old 5/23/08, 08:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Actually the DMV did you a favor...I shy away from vanity plates on my Stang and Vette...it's because you might "accidentally" cut someone off, show them up at a light, etc., and these jerks will remember your plate...especially a vanity plate...then later, they see the car (parked in a lot, at work, etc.) and guess what they remember? Your vanity plate...and it's time for key job or acts of vandalism...call me paranoid, but it does happen. And a vanity plate just adds to the fact that you really CARE about your car.
Just get a regular plate and be incognito!
Old 5/23/08, 09:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark S.
Actually the DMV did you a favor...I shy away from vanity plates on my Stang and Vette...it's because you might "accidentally" cut someone off, show them up at a light, etc., and these jerks will remember your plate...especially a vanity plate...then later, they see the car (parked in a lot, at work, etc.) and guess what they remember? Your vanity plate...and it's time for key job or acts of vandalism...call me paranoid, but it does happen. And a vanity plate just adds to the fact that you really CARE about your car.
Thats a VERY good point Mark. Its why I didn't get a true vanity plate but an organization plate (Donate Life plate). There are many of these floating around in the area.
Old 5/24/08, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mark S.
that is exactly why i don't have one, lol
If they didnt approve your first choice I doubt they will appove DVLS GT.
Old 5/24/08, 09:07 AM
GTR Member

life is too short to be paranoid
Old 5/24/08, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

life is too short to be paranoid
Not if you saw me drive, lol
Old 5/24/08, 12:20 PM
I lust for a M24

Well I've had vanity plates for all but a few years and I've never had anyone seek revenge on my car. Maybe my driving just doesn't pizz people off.
Old 5/24/08, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

I would have just gone with HELLBOY

Quick Reply: The DMV rejected my vanity plate!