Curated Content Articles Mach-E Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB Photo Gallery

Will the Mach E Be Able to Compete with Tesla?

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/20, 03:34 PM
IB Staff

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

By David Place

Is Ford forgetting it’s a heritage by introducing an electric pony car?

Old 1/17/20, 04:14 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Burn it with fire!
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (1/19/20)
Old 1/17/20, 07:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Ford is doing just fine.

Sales of E Mustangs are strong. Sales of standard and HP Mustangs also strong. The only damage done was to butt hurt whiners. Sorry if this fits.
Old 1/17/20, 08:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Is Ford forgetting it’s a heritage by introducing an electric pony car?

It's-a me, Mario!!

It's 'its heritage'.

Yes, if they keep trying to call it a pony car. It's not a pony car. It's a CUV.

It'll sell like hotcakes, but I don't have to like the name. The Mustang Mach-E(dsel) should be called the Probe, IMO, but whatever, Ford's gonna do what it's gonna do.

Last edited by houtex; 1/17/20 at 08:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by houtex:
m05fastbackGT (1/19/20), shaneyusa (1/20/20), tweed757 (1/18/20)
Old 1/17/20, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OR.....Ford is spring boarding a new product off an old one.

I currently own 3 Coyote based Mustangs. All still start up and drive. None lost any value. Then again, there are not as many year stains on my cars. YMMV
Old 1/17/20, 10:26 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by TMSBOSS
Ford is doing just fine.

Sales of E Mustangs are strong. Sales of standard and HP Mustangs also strong. The only damage done was to butt hurt whiners. Sorry if this fits.
It's simply sacrilege end of story!
The following 3 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
m05fastbackGT (1/19/20), shaneyusa (1/20/20), tweed757 (1/18/20)
Old 1/17/20, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
It's simply sacrilege end of story!
The death of Logic.
Old 1/18/20, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ford missed out, this would have been the perfect vehicle to bring back the Maverick callsign.

It's nice for what it is, it's not a pony car, muscle car, or Mustang.
The following 2 users liked this post by tweed757:
m05fastbackGT (1/19/20), shaneyusa (1/20/20)
Old 1/18/20, 11:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The Maverick May have worked........unless you owned one before.
Old 1/18/20, 10:04 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by TMSBOSS
The death of Logic.
Are you calling me out not sure how to take this?
Win me over on how this is the 'proverbial' next logical step.
Here's the simple 'logic' It's not a Mustang end of story! FYI it's a SUV/CUV of some sort and certainly will never be a Mustang. On Ford!
Old 1/19/20, 07:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sacrilege. Against a religion or religious object. Based on faith and not logic. Kind of a play on words. Not calling you out. Oh boy, so scary. Lol.

Ford will succeed with the mustang and the E Mustang regardless of how fast you”Feel” the sky is falling or how butt hurt you are and not because of the digits they assign as the name for the new car. They will succeed because of the engineering and design excellence they put into the product.

Tesla receive a huge government funded jump start. Ford will do this on their own.

Many want a car they can plug in and feel good about. This car will appeal to the millennial who wants to feel like they are helping the environment, although the jury is still out on that. Commuters who want the free ride in the HOV lanes will gobble this up.

The F series of trucks went from the F 1 a truck which barely hauled itself through through the 80,000 pound 9000 without one doing damage to the other. The mustang will be the same.

As long as you keep whining about the religious aspects (your reference not mine) people will be draw to the curiosity and some will buy the product. So keep it up, Ford appreciates the free exposure.

BTW. I had a conversation on this subject with my Boss yesterday, the KB 2012 in the picture. She thinks the attention helps the brand. Go figure.
Old 1/19/20, 10:55 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Sacrilege (poor choice of wording) if you're going to be butt hurt because I used a religious tone it wasn't meant that way because I think God could care less what we name our cars. There is no interpreted butt hurt here IMHO I think it's simply a poor choice for a 'NEW' product. If Ford makes it correctly and properly they could call it the turd bucket and it would sell in droves.
m05fastbackGT (1/19/20)
Old 1/19/20, 06:01 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Couldn't agree more, Gary. Just as you and Houtex mentioned, the Mach E is an electric SUV with the Mustang nameplate and nothing more. Other than that, it has absolutely nothing in common with the Mustang whatsoever. That being said, end of story with no butt hurt here as well lol.
Old 1/19/20, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh, my butt is hurt. My butt is hurtin' plenty.

But that's because my computer chair is all kinds of worn out or something, I dunno. All I know is that I need a new chair, and ain't been able to find one for both cost effectiveness and butt comfiness. Usually one or the other...
m05fastbackGT (1/20/20)
Old 1/19/20, 07:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Butt hurt, oh god no! Amused, oh yea. Calling someone out on the Internet, also amusing. Both the concept and the comment.

if the initial performance numbers are correct, Ford will be able to compete with Tesla. Ford will gain market share and the entire line will benefit. And you will likely keep the buzz going.

If the E Mustang had better range, I might buy one and park in with the other three I have.

Last edited by TMSBOSS; 1/19/20 at 07:04 PM.
Old 1/19/20, 11:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I guarantee you that Mach E(dsel) won't handle near as good as the Mustang. You'd almost be better off getting a Tesla 3 or S if you want handling and performance. And while I don't much care what Ford does with the Mach E(dsel), the truth is they missed the mark, I think, in that they could have done this thing, fine, but also done an actual Mustang with a hybrid drivetrain. I'd love to see that, maybe even get one!

But again, Ford gonna do what Ford do, whatevs.

Last edited by houtex; 1/20/20 at 08:44 AM.
m05fastbackGT (1/20/20)
Old 1/20/20, 04:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What mark?? Have you seen the performance comparisons Mustang vs Tesla?

Will the E Stang handle like my Boss or GT350R? No. Ain’t meet to be. Will it do well in its category, very likely.

Time will tell. Hopefully all the swelling from the “Butt Hurt” will be down when the car is released. Hope so. It would be a shame to miss out on driving another member of the Mustang family.
Old 1/20/20, 08:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm pretty sure I explained the mark. But if you missed it, then it's because you're so gung ho about your position you skipped to the end and posted on those key words alone, maybe...?

But it is in no way a 'member of the Mustang family' except in the badge. It's a Ford Edge in disguise. Maybe a Taurus Wagon. With Mustang styling cues.

That's not hiney pain. That's just the truth. If you want one, fine, I have no issue with that. Just don't try to equate it or group it or such with what the Mustang really is: A 2+2 Pony/Muscle car. Unless they pull a Thunderbird and make it a two seater, then a four seater, then a two seater again then shelve it, Mustang will always mean Pony Car.

I'm going to continue to call it the Mach E(dsel) because I think it more fitting. Bad enough they used Mustang, but Mach as well?

---

Then again, the reality is this: People aren't buying Mustang. It's a dying breed. They're buying CUVs, SUVs, trucks. To the point that excepting Mustang and the one hot hatch(?), Ford is *exiting car making*. Think about that for a second. That's the market they have to sell to, because that's the market, *period*.

So obviously, they're using the name to generate buzz, get people on board and buy the thing. Guess it's workin', we're talking about it, and people are buying the thing.

Still don't have to like it, but that's that, I suppose. It was nice while it lasted, Mustang. Your days are numbered/going the route of the Corvette Halo Car idea...
m05fastbackGT (1/20/20)
Old 1/20/20, 06:00 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Oh, my butt is hurt. My butt is hurtin' plenty.

But that's because my computer chair is all kinds of worn out or something, I dunno. All I know is that I need a new chair, and ain't been able to find one for both cost effectiveness and butt comfiness. Usually one or the other...
I hear you bro lol. I'm also very glad you've stuck around on the forums for all these years, as there aren't too many of us left from the good "ole" days. I also appreciate and look forward to reading your posts which always provide in depth/technical details that are also easy to understand in plain, ordinary English, just as TacoBill used to do back in the day
houtex (1/20/20)
Old 1/20/20, 11:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the kind words, although I'm fearin' you sully TacoBill's legend in some way... Just tryin' to help where I can, provide insight/experience for those in need, 'cause I need all the help I can get too, y'know? We all in this together, this Mustang enthusiasm.

TMS for lyfe!

Quick Reply: Will the Mach E Be Able to Compete with Tesla?