Various Curated Content Articles Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Photo Gallery, Auctions, Shows, Etc. Youtube Video's

How important is your Mustang's color to you?

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/13, 10:24 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Looks killer Dennis!
Old 11/3/13, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I had to have the LL or the red was a distant choice. The dealership had to drive 400 miles to get it for me. It was the end of the model year and there were very few left for sale.
Old 11/4/13, 08:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had 2 mustangs, pretty much the same color. I can't imagine having another color than RED!
Attached Thumbnails How important is your Mustang's color to you?-130826_006.jpg  
Old 11/4/13, 09:21 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they managed to get the mustang customizer wired into the build process at something around 2K for custom colors, they win. game over.
Old 11/4/13, 02:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
denlem, that is just plain gorgeous on the grass in those woods.
Thanks! That's the front yard, but still in the woods!

Similar shot with my 2008. Still red, of course!

Last edited by denlem; 11/4/13 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11/4/13, 02:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Color,..............VERY important!
Attached Images  
Old 11/5/13, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Color will make a break a car for me! Some cars should not come in certain colors. I am so glad I was able to find a used Sterling Gray.

Name:  null_zps27b4d8e0.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  189.8 KB

Last edited by SpeedCostsMoney; 11/5/13 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11/5/13, 10:06 PM

Smile

In my case,the interior color was more important than the exterior color. I have a fondness for Saddle interiors (getting into a black/dark interior car in FL in the summertime is no fun) And I love the contrast also. My '70 is also Saddle/Tan .
Old 11/5/13, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
My wife isn't a big 'white' fan but I just love the look, especially when in cool places, like the Tail of the Dragon.
Attachment 148154
I'm not normally a big white fan, but your car looks terrific. I've now seen several of the photos you have posted (including road trip shots) and it just works.
Old 11/6/13, 04:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I'm not normally a big white fan, but your car looks terrific. I've now seen several of the photos you have posted (including road trip shots) and it just works.
agreed. I'm normally not either but these newer mustangs made white grow on me. So many different things you can do with them and they look great any way you choose
Old 11/6/13, 07:56 PM
V6 Member

I would only consider two colors, candy red or white. Then to complicate matters I would only consider a stone interior. It took a while but...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  78.6 KB
Old 11/7/13, 08:18 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
special orderd mine os it was almost exactly what i wanted. couldnt get auto headlights
Old 11/8/13, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting ready to repaint my '69 Mach 1 and I'm thinking of going with a new Ford factory color rather than the original to make it easier to get touch-up paint for small chips down the road and I can get it in a spray can so I can do the door jams and other small bolt on parts such as the grill area myself so I can save money at the paint shop.
Old 11/8/13, 04:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by go501green
I'm getting ready to repaint my '69 Mach 1 and I'm thinking of going with a new Ford factory color rather than the original to make it easier to get touch-up paint for small chips down the road and I can get it in a spray can so I can do the door jams and other small bolt on parts such as the grill area myself so I can save money at the paint shop.
That would be cool
Old 11/8/13, 08:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Color was/is very important. I had wanted a Grabber Blue Mustang since I was 17 years old and saw it on the first '70 Boss 302 I laid eyes on. Once familial obligations (kids through college, retired) were out of the way I went looking. I did have some no-no colors (sorry, GHIG) but I had had a lifetime of silver and white cars. Black-no, I live in an area with regular 95-100 degree days. It was down to the two reds, Deep Impact Blue, and Grabber Blue with Ingot Silver last. Dealer search popped this one up and the search was over. The good: constant compliments on the car (men) and the color (women). The bad: its the only GB car in the area except for an ancient Maverick at a dope grower's house but he never takes it out. So, I've got to restrain myself on the back roads as its the only GB car in the area and the cops may know just where to go if I get a complaint.

Name:  Cellphonepictures077_zps7cd2f225.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  60.8 KB
Old 11/9/13, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Color is everything.....it has to be Red or I won't buy the vehicle. I really do like the Grabber Blue. It would be a second choice
Old 11/9/13, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by junkman9096
Color was/is very important. I had wanted a Grabber Blue Mustang since I was 17 years old and saw it on the first '70 Boss 302 I laid eyes on. Once familial obligations (kids through college, retired) were out of the way I went looking. I did have some no-no colors (sorry, GHIG) but I had had a lifetime of silver and white cars. Black-no, I live in an area with regular 95-100 degree days. It was down to the two reds, Deep Impact Blue, and Grabber Blue with Ingot Silver last. Dealer search popped this one up and the search was over. The good: constant compliments on the car (men) and the color (women). The bad: its the only GB car in the area except for an ancient Maverick at a dope grower's house but he never takes it out. So, I've got to restrain myself on the back roads as its the only GB car in the area and the cops may know just where to go if I get a complaint.

I am not sure what is nicer to look at...the car or the coast. Where is that. It looks like the west coast.
Old 11/9/13, 06:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by go501green

Good idea...the newer colors are good. Unless you could get that very old color of Candy Apple Red
Old 11/9/13, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For me, it was the most important part of the deal. I knew about the Azure blue Mach 1's from when they came out and seen pics, etc. but I had never seen one in person. It was in our local Ford dealers showroom and was told about it when we were test driving a full size used SUV. Once I saw it in person, I had to have it.

How important is your Mustang's color to you?-image-1562991407.jpg

My favorite color of the current model is grabber blue. But, I would have to consider deep impact blue as well before signing on the dotted line. If they come out with one like the 03-04 competition orange for the 2015+, that would be in the running too.
Old 11/9/13, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Agree with the others, its a big deal! I almost didnt even buy the car because i couldnt find sterling gray metallic. The only options for the exact car i wanted were deep impact blue or white. Had seen them before but never thought about it cause i was so focused on the SGM. But i ended up giving it a shot anyway and told myself if the deal was close enough to what i wanted, id get the car. I figured with white i could contrast by adding a lot of black(tint windows, stripes, rims, etc). But hated the interior color(stone i think, dont remember but it was a brighter color, but i like dark colors).

So i thought more about the blue.. And it grew on me very very quickly. So i got it. No regrets, now DIB is just as good as the SGM to me. I kinda like it a liiittle bit more too, cause lots of cars are grayish colors, but not too many as blue as DIB. Stands out, but not too much, which is perfect for me. Though every time i see SGM in person, i instantly fall in love with it again, especially when combined with a black contrast.. And for that matter black is freakin awesome too! Imo DIB, SGM, and black, best colors Color is definitely a big deal

Quick Reply: How important is your Mustang's color to you?