Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/12, 12:44 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You gotta be really ignorant to invade a home with people in it. I'm glad it didn't turn out any differently. He got what he deserved.
Old 1/4/12, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
If these stories ended like this more often, it might make these worthless bastards think twice before trying it. ****ing scumbags.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1000686

Good for her, too bad his buddy didn't get a dose of it too.
Agreed, something similar happened to a 17 yr old boy here.
We now have 'castle laws' here now too
Old 1/4/12, 01:09 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

Oh I know you were just saying. I didnt mean for it to sound bad. Im actually in a goofy mood since it started to snow a little today. Nothing stuck but it sure was nice to finally see it.

Also you really dont have to be moving the aircraft for it to turn ugly quickly. we remove everything off the aircraft when we get them in.

I am gonna have to take pics of how far we tear down the aircraft. That way you can see just how dangerous it really is cuz if one of the straps or slings that we use fail heavy parts fall really fast.
It didn't

I miss planes... I used to love flying but not anymore...
Old 1/4/12, 02:52 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
beat me with a bat in the middle of the night.
I can relate. Didn't actually fall alseep till 7 because of pain. Woke up at noon30. Hard to get stuff done like this.
Old 1/4/12, 02:59 PM
Post *****

Scott - First pic of OR-7!

A trail camera captures what is believed to be OR-7, the first confirmed wolf in Western Oregon in 65 years. Photo by Allen Daniels

excerpts:

Deer hunter's photo likely first shot of OR-7

January 04, 2012

By Mark Freeman
Mail Tribune
Allen Daniels checked his trail camera hidden in the woods east of Butte Falls one day last fall looking for photographs of the black-tailed deer he was hunting, not trying to capture wildlife history.
But one of his black-and-white images contains what biologists believe is the first known photograph of OR-7, the wandering gray wolf whose 700-plus-mile journey from northeastern Oregon to Northern California has captured imaginations on five continents.
"I kind of figured it was him," said Daniels, 24, of Central Point. "I knew it was a wolf and there's only one wolf.
"It's pretty cool," he said.
The photograph was taken at 1 p.m. Nov. 14 on public lands south of Willow Lake, said Daniels, who declined to be more specific.
Roblyn Brown, assistant wolf biologist for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, said satellite tracking technology confirms OR-7 was in that area at that time and date. After reviewing the photograph Tuesday, Brown said the wolf on the image appears to have a GPS collar on and it "likely" is OR-7.
Though biologists captured the 2-year-old male in late February from northeastern Oregon's Imnaha pack, no photo was taken of OR-7 before his release.
Daniels said he is not seeking any public attention for garnering the photograph, but figures people might want to see a glimpse of the animal that was the first confirmed wolf in Western Oregon in 65 years and last week became California's first confirmed wolf since 1924.
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs...NEWS/201040317
I think it's interesting that he has kind of followed highways.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/12 at 03:05 PM.
Old 1/4/12, 03:02 PM

Hey Charlie. Is this wolf causing problems or is everyone just excited that wolves are still around those parts?
Old 1/4/12, 03:09 PM
Post *****

Kind of both. Its always cool to see conservation efforts to restore species (like Bald Eagle, Wild Turkey, and other successes) take hold. But wolves? Yes they're an important part of keeping the balance of nature but.... when they have a choice between cows & sheep on a ranch vs chasing down elk & deer through the forest, they take the livestock.
In NE OR the Imnaha pack has already killed 19 cows on ranches. So ranchers aren't excited at all. ODFW said they will compensate the ranchers, and they know the 2 wolves responsible so there was a kill order, but now that's being hashed out between those other wolves - lawyers.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/12 at 03:11 PM.
Old 1/4/12, 03:14 PM

Huh. We have a good bit of those crappy coyotes around here but they usually keep their distance. We had a pack living in the plant last year tracking the deer. I guess the wolf is cool for now until it causes problems.
Old 1/4/12, 03:24 PM
Post *****

Man IE is really loading tms slooooooow. Lots of hangs & double posts.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/12 at 03:27 PM.
Old 1/4/12, 03:26 PM
Post *****

Yeah lots of coyotes here. I've seen em right outside the front door across the road (during the winter). Same with my neighbor down the way. But usually I hear them on the north side of the valley where there's a big cattle ranch. Never bothered the horses though.
Heck its become common to see them crossing the highway when you're driving.
Old 1/4/12, 03:35 PM

Just saw a commercial for stop bullying. And it seems to be a big push in the school systems against bullying also. Just don't understand this. Have 3rd grade bullies really gotten that much worse? What would the world be without the likes of Scott Fargas and John Bender?
Old 1/4/12, 04:09 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've only heard coyotes when I lived in northeast PA, never saw them though.

Last edited by lalayla; 1/4/12 at 04:13 PM.
Old 1/4/12, 04:15 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Scott - First pic of OR-7!
Gorgeous! And yea they are a vital part of the Eco system. They can get seriously out of control however. Good friends in east Idaho that I worked with har issues with them and the elk. The wolves sport kill an elk a day just about from what they say. Also pushing the elk herds in unseasonal patterns alot more than years past. Most of the guys say that it's open game on a wolf if they see one and the wildlife dept really isn't gonna say anything.
Old 1/4/12, 04:16 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts
screwed up post ...
Old 1/4/12, 05:20 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
If these stories ended like this more often, it might make these worthless bastards think twice before trying it. ****ing scumbags.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1000686

Good for her, too bad his buddy didn't get a dose of it too.
She had to be terrified. I know i would be..........But good for her
Old 1/4/12, 05:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by lalayla
I've only heard coyotes when I lived in northeast PA, never saw them though.
We've had them in the front yard.
Old 1/4/12, 05:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Scothew
Gorgeous! And yea they are a vital part of the Eco system. They can get seriously out of control however. Good friends in east Idaho that I worked with har issues with them and the elk. The wolves sport kill an elk a day just about from what they say. Also pushing the elk herds in unseasonal patterns alot more than years past. Most of the guys say that it's open game on a wolf if they see one and the wildlife dept really isn't gonna say anything.
I read the other day that some are saying that the wolves are actually helping restore aspen and other undergrowth in Yellowstone NP where elk had been over grazing since the big fire. So the wolves are keeping the elk on the move and in deeper cover which is letting the undergrowth come back. Others say not so - that the reason aspen are recovering better are because wolves have killed 50% of the elk herd.

Its a bummer though that wolves don't just kill for food but the pack mentality takes over and 'sport kill' like you say.

Out here they'll bust your asz for shooting one without permission - even the ranchers. Protected and all that. Different areas have different jurisdictions.

About 15 miles north of me on the way to Crater Lake NP is a protected 'elk calving' area. With OR-7 hanging around I wonder how that's going to play out.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/12 at 06:09 PM.
Old 1/4/12, 06:05 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Well in Idaho they did a tag system for a year but I can't remember why they stopped, I think it was political, as in game and fish knows they need to be in check but tree huggers won the govt battle.

I'd love to hunt one, they are nearly the ultimate prey, I know I'm not skilled enough to do it at this point.

On the coyote front, we are covered up in the mangy dogs. If I have a ten point buck in front of me and a coyote, I'm taking out the coyote just because of the pressure they put on all other game animals in this area.
Old 1/4/12, 06:06 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
We've had them in the front yard.

They used to be bad around here, but they have thinned out the last couple of years. People have been killing them every chance they get after they attacked a kid, and started killing calves.

Had one almost run right into me one night. Went out on the back patio to smoke and when I got to the edge where it meets the grass I heard something tearing through the woods. I stepped around the corner of the house and rabbit came out of the dark into patio lights hauling *** right in front of me, then a split second later a coyote right on his tail. We all three jumped about 2 feet, scared the **** out of each other.
Old 1/4/12, 06:21 PM
Post *****

We all three jumped about 2 feet, scared the **** out of each other.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast