2024+ Ford Mustang General Discussion Forum Discuss the Newest Generation of S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Forum 7th Gen

2024 MUSTANG S650

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/23, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
2024 MUSTANG S650

Well kids, as soon as the wife heard the S650 could possible be the last gen Mustang to get the V8 she decided she better get one before it's too late. And of course she said it must be a red (Rapid Red) convertible. So, who am I too dissagree with that logic. Now I just have to find a dealer that won't bend me over, and have their way with me. There is also the problems that Ford has with actually building vehicles with the options she would want, and the dang recalls that have reared their ugly head that I will have to contend with. However, I will do my best to get her that new Mustang. After living with me all of these years, and not shiving in my sleep, she deserves one.
The following 4 users liked this post by wanted33:
08GTCandyApple (2/2/23), m05fastbackGT (1/31/23), NC14GT (1/31/23), shaneyusa (1/31/23)
Old 1/30/23, 08:54 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Oh darn the agony!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
08GTCandyApple (2/2/23), NC14GT (1/31/23), wanted33 (1/31/23)
Old 1/30/23, 11:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 622 Likes on 447 Posts
I'm happy for you guys, hope it goes smoothly and you can get a decent deal. And hopefully in a timely manner, unlike me.

I kinda did the same thing, figured this might be my last chance to get a 500 that was all gas powered.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (1/31/23)
Old 1/31/23, 06:24 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
Outstanding!! Are you going to be selling anything to make room? Also, what would that 2024 list for with convertible and V8? Thanks....

Last edited by NC14GT; 1/31/23 at 06:26 AM.
wanted33 (1/31/23)
Old 1/31/23, 06:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NC14GT
Outstanding!! Are you going to be selling anything to make room? Also, what would that 2024 list for with convertible and V8? Thanks....
We'll just trade her '18 for the 650. I'll keep the rest of my rolling junk for now. I'm not sure of the pricing, but I expect it will more than ever if Ford follows the trend we've seen over the years. If I get a sticker under 60K with options I'll be very surprised. Heck, her '18 stickered at 53K. But, as she survived my "Cop years" with grace, and put up with my stupid chit all these years I'll get her anything she wants as long as we don't go hunger afterwards.

I contacted Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa as I had perviously worked with them on the big Bronco (that went south because Ford can't build them in a timely manner). They will be selling special order S650's at 2% under invoice, and the Blackhorse at MSRP. Granger is great to work with, and have always been honest with me. So, I wouldn't have any problem making a road trip out of picking up the new one.

Last edited by wanted33; 1/31/23 at 06:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wanted33:
m05fastbackGT (1/31/23), NC14GT (2/1/23)
Old 1/31/23, 08:26 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Well Congrats, it looks like an awesome upgrade. Hope Ford gets their act together. Can't wait to hear your updates and see some photos when it arrives. Hope for a smooth order and a great deal.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 2/2/23 at 01:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
NC14GT (2/1/23), wanted33 (2/1/23)
Old 1/31/23, 02:26 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,623 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
Well kids, as soon as the wife heard the S650 could possible be the last gen Mustang to get the V8 she decided she better get one before it's too late. And of course she said it must be a red (Rapid Red) convertible. So, who am I too dissagree with that logic. Now I just have to find a dealer that won't bend me over, and have their way with me. There is also the problems that Ford has with actually building vehicles with the options she would want, and the dang recalls that have reared their ugly head that I will have to contend with. However, I will do my best to get her that new Mustang. After living with me all of these years, and not shiving in my sleep, she deserves one.
I really hope everything works out towards the S650 Jim. My only concern is if the S650 models are to be the last-ever ICE, I just hope this isn't your wife's sole reason for wanting to purchase one because if in fact, the upcoming S650 models are to be the last Mustangs produced with an ICE, what's its value going to be worth once fossil fuels are no longer available... How are they going to continue to be operated? Is Ford going to offer incentives for converting all S650 models from ICE over to electric when the time finally arrives, what's the trade-in value going to be like... These are questions that all need to be addressed if, in fact, the rumors of the demise of the ICE are really going to take place following the upcoming S650 generation... Anyhow, just something to seriously think about
wanted33 (2/1/23)
Old 2/1/23, 05:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Well Congrats, it looks like an awesome upgrade. Hope Ford gets their act together. Can't wait to hear your updates and see some photos when it arrives. Hope for a smooth order and a great deal. :new:
Thanks Shane, I'm hoping the same thing. But, I'm not holding my breath.
shaneyusa (2/2/23)
Old 2/1/23, 05:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I really hope everything works out towards the S650 Jim. My only concern is if the S650 models are to be the last-ever ICE, I just hope this isn't your wife's sole reason for wanting to purchase one because if in fact, the upcoming S650 models are to be the last Mustangs produced with an ICE, what's its value going to be worth once fossil fuels are no longer available... How are they going to continue to be operated? Is Ford going to offer incentives for converting all S650 models from ICE over to electric when the time finally arrives, what's the trade-in value going to be like... These are questions that all need to be addressed if, in fact, the rumors of the demise of the ICE are really going to take place following the upcoming S650 generation... Anyhow, just something to seriously think about
I agree Rocky. But, the wife and I are at the age that it really doesn't matter. Gotta enjoy life every day don'tcha know.
The following 3 users liked this post by wanted33:
08GTCandyApple (2/2/23), m05fastbackGT (2/3/23), shaneyusa (2/2/23)
Old 2/1/23, 02:32 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,623 Posts
I agree Rocky. But, the wife and I are at the age that it really doesn't matter. Gotta enjoy life every day don'tcha know.
Couldn't agree more Jim! Let's just hope the demise of the ICE doesn't take place anytime soon
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
shaneyusa (2/2/23), wanted33 (2/2/23)
Old 2/2/23, 12:49 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
We'll just trade her '18 for the 650. I'll keep the rest of my rolling junk for now. I'm not sure of the pricing, but I expect it will more than ever if Ford follows the trend we've seen over the years. If I get a sticker under 60K with options I'll be very surprised. Heck, her '18 stickered at 53K. But, as she survived my "Cop years" with grace, and put up with my stupid chit all these years I'll get her anything she wants as long as we don't go hunger afterwards.

I contacted Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa as I had perviously worked with them on the big Bronco (that went south because Ford can't build them in a timely manner). They will be selling special order S650's at 2% under invoice, and the Blackhorse at MSRP. Granger is great to work with, and have always been honest with me. So, I wouldn't have any problem making a road trip out of picking up the new one.
Good luck, I hope you all get exactly what she wants! I'm so disappointed that Ford did away with Rapid Red for for the Bronco, that's the color I really want but settled for Hot Pepper Red. I thought Ford was finally going to start getting back on track but doesn't appear to be so yet. Now the big constraints are the LUX, MIC hard top, and Sasquatch package and they are telling anyone who has ordered with those items to remove them (with a credit toward a lesser model) if they want a chance to have theirs built. I know I don't want a Bronco without SAS which is one of the reasons I opted for the Wildtrak trim. But I only ordered a soft top and the high package..........so fingers crossed. I'm almost afraid to talk about it because I don't want to jinx it, but as of right now the dealer says my order is still in the system and showing "clean", but no VIN yet. So I'll keep worrying about it until I can get a VIN. Somehow I'm thinking I may be in better shape than the private orders because mine went in as dealer stock with a priority code 20 (which I think is the highest priority for dealer stock).

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Well Congrats, it looks like an awesome upgrade. Hope Ford gets their act together. Can't wait to hear your updates and see some photos when it arrives. Hope for a smooth order and a great deal.
^this
The following 2 users liked this post by 08GTCandyApple:
shaneyusa (2/3/23), wanted33 (2/6/23)
Old 2/3/23, 12:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 622 Likes on 447 Posts
Wanted33, Your wife and Jill have good taste in colors, I went between every color for a year, but always came back to Rapid Red, very glad I did so far.

Sucks about the bronco Jill, haven't seen the hot pepper, is it similar to rapid red?
wanted33 (2/6/23)
Old 2/3/23, 06:02 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Wanted33, Your wife and Jill have good taste in colors, I went between every color for a year, but always came back to Rapid Red, very glad I did so far.

Sucks about the bronco Jill, haven't seen the hot pepper, is it similar to rapid red?
It is metallic but it isn't as deep of a red and has an orange undertone to it so you can see the orange more in certain lighting. Like these, same color but different lighting.

wanted33 (2/6/23)
Old 2/6/23, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Good luck, I hope you all get exactly what she wants! I'm so disappointed that Ford did away with Rapid Red for for the Bronco, that's the color I really want but settled for Hot Pepper Red. I thought Ford was finally going to start getting back on track but doesn't appear to be so yet. Now the big constraints are the LUX, MIC hard top, and Sasquatch package and they are telling anyone who has ordered with those items to remove them (with a credit toward a lesser model) if they want a chance to have theirs built. I know I don't want a Bronco without SAS which is one of the reasons I opted for the Wildtrak trim. But I only ordered a soft top and the high package..........so fingers crossed. I'm almost afraid to talk about it because I don't want to jinx it, but as of right now the dealer says my order is still in the system and showing "clean", but no VIN yet. So I'll keep worrying about it until I can get a VIN. Somehow I'm thinking I may be in better shape than the private orders because mine went in as dealer stock with a priority code 20 (which I think is the highest priority for dealer stock).
^this
The Bronco fiasco was an effort in futility. The Lux, and Mic were two things I wouldn't give up. I begrudgingly dropped the 2.7L to see if that would help. No luck whatsoever........so I just gave up. The thrill was gone. And I agree. I couldn't believe Ford dropped Rapid Red in favor of Hot Pepper Red after so many had ordered the RR, and hadn't received their Boncos before the change. I wish you much luck on your Bronco.

Last edited by wanted33; 2/6/23 at 07:18 AM.
08GTCandyApple (2/7/23)
Old 8/27/23, 10:47 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,930 Posts
I'm Trying to Get The S650 Info Flowing!

I Posted My Buns Off Yesterday!

I Can't Believe the 551 Pages These Days for an Owners Manual!

Posted Order Guide Too You Might Find Interesting!

I Had to Chop up Manual into 4 Sections to be able to Post it!

Mgb,

KC