Roush

More Photos of New Roush Mustang Surface

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/14, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
That would be killer. I haven't heard anything on it. I thought the 5.8 engine was all done though?
The hearsay says it's on again, off again. Last we heard, it was on again. We'll see

Those two mules on the 'Ring sounded like they had two different engines - one sounded lower revving and torquey (5.8 maybe) and the other sounded very rev happy and higher pitched (hopped up 5.0 maybe)....
Old 8/18/14, 06:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
The hearsay says it's on again, off again. Last we heard, it was on again. We'll see
Those two mules on the 'Ring sounded like they had two different engines - one sounded lower revving and torquey (5.8 maybe) and the other sounded very rev happy and higher pitched (hopped up 5.0 maybe)....
That would be killer. I do hope they bring back the Shelby.
I did notice the difference in the exhaust and engine sounds as well. I hope one was the 5.8.
Old 8/19/14, 02:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Don't forget, the 5.8 GT500 was a Shelby built by Ford at Flat Rock.

The SuperSnake was a post title GT500 that was then shipped to Shelby in Vegas for the SS upgrades.

Same with the GT350. It was a Ford built GT, shipped to Shelby in Vegas to be (post title) upgraded to a GT350, and that used the 5.0 Coyote as a base.

We're expecting the new GT350 to be powered by a flat plan crank 5.2 version of the Coyote. This will be built by Ford at Flat Rock but developed by SVT.

Certainly the on/off rumour of the 5.8 still being used are confusing. Would that be another (Ford built) GT500 down the line? Or would they use a Ecoboost 5.0 for that? Only time will tell.

Certainly the 2 cars testing at the Ring sounded different. As Laserred says, one definitely sounds more "traditional" V8 and it had a slightly different front fascia. Could just be 2 different spec GT350 cars..........or one of them could have been something else. Mach 1, anyone

I'm expecting Shelby (in Vegas) to produce a post title S550, but what will power it? Who knows.

Anyway, I've taken this off topic and we're supposed to be talkin' Roush
Old 8/19/14, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

The SuperSnake was a post title GT500 that was then shipped to Shelby in Vegas for the SS upgrades.

Same with the GT350. It was a Ford built GT, shipped to Shelby in Vegas to be (post title) upgraded to a GT350, and that used the 5.0 Coyote as a base.

We're expecting the new GT350 to be powered by a flat plan crank 5.2 version of the Coyote. This will be built by Ford at Flat Rock but developed by SVT.

Certainly the on/off rumour of the 5.8 still being used are confusing. Would that be another (Ford built) GT500 down the line? Or would they use a Ecoboost 5.0 for that? Only time will tell.

Certainly the 2 cars testing at the Ring sounded different. As Laserred says, one definitely sounds more "traditional" V8 and it had a slightly different front fascia. Could just be 2 different spec GT350 cars..........or one of them could have been something else. Mach 1, anyone

I'm expecting Shelby (in Vegas) to produce a post title S550, but what will power it? Who knows.

Anyway, I've taken this off topic and we're supposed to be talkin' Roush
I believe you are correct....the 5.8 is dead. If we see anything other than the 5.0, I think it will be the 5.2
Old 8/19/14, 02:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Oh,....believe me, I know all about that.
I got a little happy hearing that maybe the 5.8 was/is still around. I would have it upgraded to a SS after I paid it off.
But, like Sabre said, I think the 5.8 is dead unfortunately.