Roush

More Photos of New Roush Mustang Surface

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/14, 03:09 PM
TMS Staff

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
More Photos of New Roush Mustang Surface

The more we learn about the new Roush Mustang, the more excited we get it about it.

Well, actually that’s really the more glimpses we get because the Roush team hasn't released much info on their custom variant of the S550 other than that tease we covered here a few weeks ago.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage.
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (7/23/16)
Old 8/16/14, 03:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I've looked for the bad-assery, and all I see is a Fusion...
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (7/23/16)
Old 8/16/14, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Funny cause I own 2 Fusions and I don't see a Fusion when I see the new 2015
Old 8/16/14, 08:56 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
The V6 you have in your avatar is way more bad *** than the 2015.
Old 8/16/14, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a member of the Roush Road Crew, on Thursday morning we were allowed to see, photograph and share the photos you see...I have the same ones that I took with my own camera. Then I was part of the first group of 10 people who were non Roush employees that were allowed into the Roush design studio to see, feel and touch the full size clay model rendering of the 2015 Roush Stage 3. It is fantastic! Like in many cases...and with the new Mustang itself....photos don't do it justice. we also saw many of the initial and then later design sketches that outlined how their ideas and the look that they wanted for the final product changed over time and through the design process. Obviously cameras and camera phones were not allowed in the design studio with the clay model. But, we had about 1/2 hour to look it over from top to bottom, front to back and from every angle. While it has many new styling elements incorporated into the 2015, there are a few elements that will evoke a feeling of the heritage of past Roush Mustangs.
Old 8/16/14, 03:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Are the power and torque levels the same as the previous years?
Old 8/16/14, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Are the power and torque levels the same as the previous years?
To my knowledge, Roush has not yet released any info on their phase packages..HP...torque...etc
Old 8/16/14, 03:30 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Sabre
To my knowledge, Roush has not yet released any info on their phase packages..HP...torque...etc
I can only imagine that they will be about the same as they are now or better.
I can't wait to see actual photos of a RS3 car.
Old 8/16/14, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

I can only imagine that they will be about the same as they are now or better.
I can't wait to see actual photos of a RS3 car.
I suspect you're right....and that the figures will be substantial and up to Roush heritage standards. This 2015 platform and architecture seems to be a good one to build on.
Old 8/16/14, 09:27 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think we'll see the next RS3 for a little while. Mainly because of the supercharger. Probably to test it. They did the same with the 2011.
Old 8/17/14, 12:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel
The more we learn about the new Roush Mustang, the more excited we get it about it. Well, actually that’s really the more glimpses we get because the Roush team hasn't released much info on their custom variant of the S550 other than that tease we covered here a few weeks ago. Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage.
How are you posting pictures???
Old 8/17/14, 04:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by fstbck70
How are you posting pictures???

Maybe he's not using a phone app. I've been posting successfully from the photo library on my PC. Old tech but effective.
Old 8/17/14, 12:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

As a member of the Roush Road Crew, on Thursday morning we were allowed to see, photograph and share the photos you see...I have the same ones that I took with my own camera. Then I was part of the first group of 10 people who were non Roush employees that were allowed into the Roush design studio to see, feel and touch the full size clay model rendering of the 2015 Roush Stage 3. It is fantastic! Like in many cases...and with the new Mustang itself....photos don't do it justice. we also saw many of the initial and then later design sketches that outlined how their ideas and the look that they wanted for the final product changed over time and through the design process. Obviously cameras and camera phones were not allowed in the design studio with the clay model. But, we had about 1/2 hour to look it over from top to bottom, front to back and from every angle. While it has many new styling elements incorporated into the 2015, there are a few elements that will evoke a feeling of the heritage of past Roush Mustangs.
Thank you for the insight.

Personally, I love the look of the clay model which, I assume, is what we'll get as opposed to the red rendering.

There are definite overtones of the '13/'14 Roush models, but that's no bad thing, as I think they were some of the best looking of the later S197 models.

Did they give you any clue as to when we'll see the actual car?

Old 8/17/14, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Thank you for the insight.

Personally, I love the look of the clay model which, I assume, is what we'll get as opposed to the red rendering.

There are definite overtones of the '13/'14 Roush models, but that's no bad thing, as I think they were some of the best looking of the later S197 models.

Did they give you any clue as to when we'll see the actual car?

They said they would be getting the Ecoboost 4 cylinder first...probably mid September....but they didn't expect to get any V8's to begin converting until late November.
Old 8/17/14, 05:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the chiseled front clip. Looking forward to see what Roush, as well as Saleen, will do with this platform.
Old 8/17/14, 05:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I like the chiseled front clip. Looking forward to see what Roush, as well as Saleen, will do with this platform.
Same here. I'm liking what I'm seeing, but these are only the early stages. (No pun intended. lol)
I'm sure Roush will do it right, as they've proven in the past.
Old 8/18/14, 11:29 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

So,....with the possible HP and TQ ratings from Roush being the same or a little higher for the new models,...could Roush actually be top dog in the Mustang world since Shelby is discontinued?
Old 8/18/14, 01:29 PM
GTR Member

They said they would be getting the Ecoboost 4 cylinder first...probably mid September....but they didn't expect to get any V8's to begin converting until late November.
Thank you for the reply.

Hmmm, seems odd as both 4 and 8 engines should be available from the get-go, and I'd imagine they already have access to prototypes of both.

It's the V8 I'd be interested in. What I've seen so far..........this is the nicest looking S550 to date
Old 8/18/14, 01:31 PM
GTR Member

So,....with the possible HP and TQ ratings from Roush being the same or a little higher for the new models,...could Roush actually be top dog in the Mustang world since Shelby is discontinued?
I'm pretty sure Shelby will have their own version of S550, although they've been quiet on the subject so far.

The (post title) GT350 was phased out, but replaced with the Shelby GT last year, making way for Ford to use the GT350 moniker. But I'd still expect to see a post title S550 from Shelby.
Old 8/18/14, 03:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I'm pretty sure Shelby will have their own version of S550, although they've been quiet on the subject so far.
That would be killer. I haven't heard anything on it.
I thought the 5.8 engine was all done though?

Quick Reply: More Photos of New Roush Mustang Surface