GT350

Silly People, Your GT350R Doesn't Need Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/16, 12:45 PM
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silly People, Your GT350R Doesn't Need Rear Seats

Why are people asking for seats in their GT350R? You buy a hardcore track car and want more weight?

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 1/29/16, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit, those seats look hella comfy though....
Old 1/31/16, 10:40 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
If I bought a R car,.....I'd leave it without the seats in the back, no question about it.
I suppose those wanting the rear seats have families and such.
Old 1/31/16, 02:07 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Why the hell not? Yes the car is "track ready" or at least track oriented I guess. Chances are most R's won't get tracked anyways. I mean why would you spend that much on a car to bang it around a race track unless you are funded through a bunch of corporate sponsors that are taking care of the bill? Hell you can go a lot faster around a track for a lot cheaper with a custom built race car. The car is built and available for the "because I can" purpose and not the "because I will" purpose. Put your back seat in it. Throw the kids back there and go joy riding. The R doesn't mean that it's your race car. Big difference between a race car and a car you can race. And don't for one second believe that the weight of a back seat will cost you clock time on a track. Geez.
Old 1/31/16, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Why the hell not? Yes the car is "track ready" or at least track oriented I guess. Chances are most R's won't get tracked anyways. I mean why would you spend that much on a car to bang it around a race track unless you are funded through a bunch of corporate sponsors that are taking care of the bill? Hell you can go a lot faster around a track for a lot cheaper with a custom built race car. The car is built and available for the "because I can" purpose and not the "because I will" purpose. Put your back seat in it. Throw the kids back there and go joy riding. The R doesn't mean that it's your race car. Big difference between a race car and a car you can race. And don't for one second believe that the weight of a back seat will cost you clock time on a track. Geez.
This is so true!
As a guy with two small kids the whole reason I got a mustang over other cars is for the back seat when I need it!
And 99.9% of people will not notice a handling or track lap time difference!
Old 1/31/16, 05:11 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
That's why I bought my Boss and not the LS version of it. I have two daughters and a girlfriend so I need four seats.
Old 1/31/16, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Agreed. Unless the seat-less back space comes baby-seat ready... you get the point. We like to track our cars, but we need it to be real world ready as well.
Old 2/1/16, 01:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I mean really guys. Even if you're a weekend warrior who tracks your car when you can, you're not a professional race car driver. Which means you're not that good. And with or without that really heavy foam and leather seat (like 40lbs), you still won't be any better of a driver. If you car is built on a tube chassis and there are crossbraces where your back seat is supposed to be, then maybe I could understand. But for now, just stop with the back seat thing guys. It's complete nonsense.
Old 2/1/16, 03:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd leave the seats out (no kids, no plans or desire to have kids, and I hate listening to people whine about how cramped it is back there anyhow). I would very much like to, at some point, delete the rear seat in my GT. At the very least, it's a good excuse for why I can't cram a bunch of people in my car. "Sorry folks, only seats driver + 1." Haven't gotten around to it only because it's not immediately a priority, and I currently have nowhere to store the seats once removed. I could probably lose more weight by dieting than removing the seats will accomplish (god I've let myself go), so for me, it's not specifically a performance thing.

That said, I totally understand why some people would want the seats...and the air conditioning. I never thought A/C was a basic necessity until I vacationed in the Florida Keys in July.
Old 2/1/16, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Pay extra for an R model to delete the back seats but then pay even more extra to put them back in. Priceless.
Old 2/1/16, 02:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Pay extra for an R model to delete the back seats but then pay even more extra to put them back in. Priceless.
LMFAO