Limited Edition 50th

Dealer Asking $100,000 for 50th Anniversary Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/14, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
No, rich people are stupid. Not all, but most of the type of people who pay $100k for a $50k car are new money rich douchebags - hence, the "rich bastards" comment. Those guys are the ones taking the limited editions away from the people who would actually appreciate them. Just because you can blow your money away like that, doesn't mean you were smart enough to earn it. In some cases, that doesn't hold true, but from what I've experienced with my own eyes, in most cases it IS true. "Wealthy" people don't get rich by pissing their money away..."rich" people tend to do *just* that...again
A perfect example of someone who has been condition by the modern American education system to hate rich people. All the usual tell tale signs are there "right people are stupid" and so forth. I guess poor people who blow all their money on crappy fast food, beer and cigarettes are geniuses right? Get a clue man.
Old 6/28/14, 03:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
A perfect example of someone who has been condition by the modern American education system to hate rich people. All the usual tell tale signs are there "right people are stupid" and so forth. I guess poor people who blow all their money on crappy fast food, beer and cigarettes are geniuses right? Get a clue man.
Lmao!! How about you just get lost. No one likes you here. I should get a clue? The "American education system" conditions our mindless technology-addicted kids to idolize pieces of crap like Just Bieber, Miley Cyrus, piece of crap sissy over paid sports "athletes" and piece of crap over paid government officials. The "American education system" does not condition people to hate the rich.

I have some very wealthy friends, and they don't **** their money away on depreciating assets. But then again, they're "old money" not the nouveau rich category (read: douchebags) that you clearly fall into.
Old 6/28/14, 03:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lmao!! How about you just get lost. No one likes you here. I should get a clue? The "American education system" conditions our mindless technology-addicted kids to idolize pieces of crap like Just Bieber, Miley Cyrus, piece of crap sissy over paid sports "athletes" and piece of crap over paid government officials. The "American education system" does not condition people to hate the rich.

I have some very wealthy friends, and they don't **** their money away on depreciating assets. But then again, they're "old money" not the nouveau rich category (read: douchebags) that you clearly fall into.
No - its the media that glorifies Beiber, Cyrus, sports athletes, etc., to our youth. And now 'social media' (created by newfound rich tech douchebags like Zuk the Duk) is making it dramatically worse in dramatically shorter time frames.
And liberal tenured professors definitely DO teach college age punks to hate the rich - while they get wealthy of off student's ever increasing tuition.
Regardless how people have obtained their wealth - the old fashioned way (inherited), or built it from their bootstraps, it is THEIR money. And they can't take it with them. Life is much too short. So if some wealthy person chooses to splurge on something they want, who dares tell them not to?

It's liberty or tyranny.
Old 6/28/14, 04:14 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I hate to think it, but MANY of the Anniversary Editions will not see much road time. I see several of these going into private collections.
I imagine there are tax advantages if done right. When the wealthy are stuck carrying the tax load for all the free loaders in America, they use a variety of methods to legally reduce their tax burden.
Perhaps some place the vehicle in a Charitable Remainder Trust, then donate (conditionally) to an auto museum, and get a tax deduction. Or establish their own museum and the 'pieces' are depreciated, creating a tax deduction, while preserving a bit of auto history for the future.
I would imagine a number of those auction cars we see are being used wisely for tax purposes as well as enjoyment.
Hell, I went into the horse breeding business years ago when I learned you can depreciate mares. Which legally offset my Fed & State payroll taxes.

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/28/14 at 04:27 PM.
Old 6/28/14, 08:02 PM

Wow... and to think that I was displeased that I couldn't use A-Plan and only got $1000 off MSRP on my '99 35th Anniversary. Apparently anniversary cars are worth a heck of a lot more now.
Old 6/28/14, 09:27 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Neither does buying a gold embossed ceramic giraffe, but the super wealthy do it all the time.

It's all relative. $100,000.00 to normal folks (like me) seems insane for a car worth half that, but to a multi-millionaire, spending $100,000.00 is like going to Subway and buying a $5.00 footlong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA
Old 6/29/14, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RC13GT
I'll up you, I'd rather have a 2013 Yellow Boss 302 LS.
My friend has one he's putting a charger on it, NO more warranty
Old 6/29/14, 09:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RC13GT
I'll up you, I'd rather have a 2013 Yellow Boss 302 LS.
Old 6/29/14, 09:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SMOKE46
That's a terrible idea. Part of the value of these cars is how much it will be worth years from now with everything original and low miles. I'm all for modding, but not a collector like that.

Edit: nvm I see you meant your friend has a boss lol
Old 6/29/14, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

I hate to think it, but MANY of the Anniversary Editions will not see much road time. I see several of these going into private collections.
Not mine-->It's gonna be a DD-->
Old 6/29/14, 11:33 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LQQK
Serious!
Old 6/29/14, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Serious!

Old 6/29/14, 11:45 AM
I Have No Life

Haha
Old 6/29/14, 12:14 PM
Banned

Lmao!! How about you just get lost. No one likes you here. I should get a clue?

Oh no! You mean I can't be in the cool kids club like you? lmao

I like how you have gone from condemning all rich people as stupid to suddenly you have some rich friends that are oh so smart and squared away. It only took one post for you to completely change your tune.

Anyway, I'm through debating the matter with you. Never get into an argument with an idiot. They'll bring the argument down to their level and beat with experience.
Old 6/29/14, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm really confused on why people care if someone spends 100,000 on a 50k car? I say rock out if that's what someone wants to spend their money on. I know one person who ain't buying a 50k MSRP car for 100k. Let someone else pay that because it ain't my money so who gives a crap.

If I want to sell something and a buyer is willing to pay double its value, then this is America. Go buy it and if you take it away from someone who only can afford MSRP, too darn bad. This is America.
Old 6/29/14, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I'm really confused on why people care if someone spends 100,000 on a 50k car? I say rock out if that's what someone wants to spend their money on. I know one person who ain't buying a 50k MSRP car for 100k. Let someone else pay that because it ain't my money so who gives a crap. If I want to sell something and a buyer is willing to pay double its value, then this is America. Go buy it and if you take it away from someone who only can afford MSRP, too darn bad. This is America.
^^^^ This right here^^^^
Old 6/29/14, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

^^^^ This right here^^^^
Amen brother. Ha ha ha! Heck, I can't afford a 50k unless we sell our home and move back in with my parents. With having a wife, two kids, two cats and a dog, OH HECK NO. Ha ha ha
Old 7/2/14, 12:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
GM did this with marking up their 30th TA, CETA, GTO, G8 GT, etc and Ford did this with their GT500 and Boss 302. I do not see the logic in it. Why not just get the cars out there and sell more?
I still remember how crazy that was in 2004. Here buy this 2004 GTO for 40k..

A year later it gains hood nostrils, 50 horsepower, z06 Brakes, z06 gearbox, a new rear split exhaust, stronger halfshafts, new gauges, and available sport appearance package and larger diameter wheels.

Sticker was 32-33k, got my Impulse Blue/Blue Leather/M6 out the door for 30k. All that extra awesome and I saved 10k by waiting a year. Had that car for seven years. if you could get over the pedestrian styling it was an amazing car.

Last edited by Smurf 302; 7/2/14 at 12:54 AM.
Old 7/2/14, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Remford

Apparently we weren't being quite as facetious as we tried to claim...

The best thing about those who brand others rich bastards (and douchebags) is how someone inevitably is even poorer than they. Though I wonder why so many who have such keen insight about how others should be obligated to spend their money tend to be among the least adept at earning money of their own - or less adept than the rich bastard douchebags anyway.

By what divine mandate should anybody be denied the freedom to spend as much as he likes upon whatever he wants? Should others’ freedoms be subjugated and dealers denied opportunities to spend, save, hire, reinvest or even squander the proceeds as they what? How many peoples' rights should you be allowed to impinge upon to subsidize whatever you want but can't or won't afford?

Jeezus pleezus. If people paying outrageous sums to exclude others from buying something they want twists your panties, all of eBay is a proverbial windmill for you to tilt at Mr. Quixote.

Even if everybody deserved a trophy for managing to be born and Limited Edition Mustangs were as essential as air and water, the number that actually sell for $100,000 will be so few that Ford buying back cars under lemon laws will have kept more cars out from the truly deserving than all the bastards and douchebags combined – which only shows how dependent upon hyperbole your ridiculous assertions are.

If we returned to planet Earth where bastards and douchebags seem to be anybody who’s willing to pay a nickel more than you to own a Limited Edition car, you’d have one hell of a time convincing most of just how “rich” they are. What we’re really talking about is that you want nobody to sell anything you want for more than you want to pay and nobody else to afford anything you can’t, even if it means denying others their freedoms but especially if it means not needing to apply yourself to the extent that others would value you as much as they’re willing to pay rich bastard douchebags for whatever they happen to do.

Of course, you'd have become your own rich bastard douchebag by then. But you'd at least have big pharmaceutical companies to focus your resentment upon for the high cost of the medications you'd need to be able to stand yourself.

Even if enough rich bastards lined up to spend $100,000 to buy every 1,964 Limited Edition car, it'd only mean that Ford priced the vehicle woefully beneath its actual worth. What you REALLY want is Ford to make a terrific car that you really want to own and to sell it to you for whatever you're willing to pay - and they too would be bastard douchebags if they don't. Right?

Don't misunderstand. I think the S550 likely will be the best Mustang yet and the Limited Edition car will make a great symbol of Mustang's 50-year heritage to own. But if I were to allow my undies to get all wadded over something others can afford but I can't, I'd probably choose to aim a little higher - like a Gulfstream and my own private island.
I suggest that you are waisting your time and efforts replying to a post and/or posts that does not deserve a response?

On a more positive note I would like to see some pictures of your 2012 Boss 302 that is Performance White on Race Red as that is a great color combination and something that the factory possibly should have offered?

Last edited by PP0001; 7/2/14 at 08:37 PM.
Old 7/2/14, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Serious!

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/022...g?v=1391014098

What he said! These cars are never going to be worth a fortune in my life time. I am going to continue to drive wheels of my car and track the crap out it. It was built to be driven not parked.

At the current rate of attrition there won't be many BOSS's left in 30 years anyway. So it won't really matter if the car has mileage as long as its not wrecked and the owner kept the original parts. Cars can be restored to bring big cash.

I'm not rich nor am I poor, I live comfortably and plan to enjoy every minute I'm still breathing.

Dealer Asking 0,000 for 50th Anniversary Mustang-image-324354034.jpg

Last edited by polarisTXguy; 7/2/14 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer Asking $100,000 for 50th Anniversary Mustang