The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Limited Edition 50th (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f851/)
-   -   Dealer Asking $100,000 for 50th Anniversary Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f851/dealer-asking-100-000-50th-anniversary-mustang-530337/)

Detroit Steel 5/13/14 03:40 PM

Dealer Asking $100,000 for 50th Anniversary Mustang

https://themustangsource.com/wp-cont.../05/393096.jpg

If you have any doubt whether the 2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition will be a highly coveted collectible, then this bit of news should certainly clear all doubts.

A Ford dealer in Las Vegas is asking a whopping $100,000 on eBay for the limited-production pony car; that's nearly $60,000 over the expected sticker price.
To top it off, if you're interested in buying the car, you'll need to put down a non-refundable $20,000 deposit.

More on the blog.

KushBandit 5/13/14 07:39 PM

Hey! That's where I bought my GT/CS.

I'm not surprised they were given one of those to sell. When I went there, they had about 25 Shelby GT500s('13-'14) sitting on the lot and a GT350 in the showroom.

They're some odd characters there.

Mustang Freak 5/13/14 07:41 PM

My local little dealership is getting two allocations for the 50th. Have no idea what they're gonna charge?

wanted33 5/15/14 01:40 PM

I would expect to pay a nominal premium, but 60K is just stupid high.

flynavy 5/15/14 02:02 PM

I guess if you had the money then whatever. But the average mustang buyer, no way. Absolutely stupid to pay that much if you ask me. Then again if you bought it having it in your head as an investment and you didn't drive it maybe down the road it might make you some money. But idk. I wouldn't risk it but that's just me.

Fastoldman 5/15/14 04:46 PM

Pretty common practice for Vegas. Few winnings, a little alcohol, and bingo the Dealer just hit the jackpot. I just don't see this machine being a long term collectible winner? Think what a 50th anniversary Vette is worth....................uh, nothing.

Figure a Boss will be worth a bunch more in 10 years !!

Automatic 5.0 5/15/14 07:38 PM

I'd rather have a Boss.

RC13GT 5/15/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0 (Post 6803654)
I'd rather have a Boss.

I'll up you, I'd rather have a 2013 Yellow Boss 302 LS.

Getportfolio 5/15/14 08:58 PM

You could get the new Saleen 750hp 351 for that price. Way better car than the overpriced Fustang.

rynaldo 5/16/14 05:20 AM

no thanks... 2014 GT500 or Super Snake any day over that POS...

2011 Kona Blue 5/16/14 06:11 AM

Some putz will pay the 100k for it. Lol

Automatic 5.0 5/16/14 06:19 AM

GM did this with marking up their 30th TA, CETA, GTO, G8 GT, etc and Ford did this with their GT500 and Boss 302. I do not see the logic in it. Why not just get the cars out there and sell more?

ER12883 5/16/14 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6803802)

If I could afford to drop 100k on an overpriced toy, you could call me a putz all day long!

Cristoff 5/16/14 12:08 PM

people with enough disposable income to buy it at $100,000.00 won't really care if it is $80,000.00, $100,000.00, or $150,000.00. When you get to that point, it becomes irrelevant. I deal with people like that every day at the Store.

We just had a good client of ours drop $47,000.00 on a LEASE for a 2014 B7 Alpina and his payment is STILL $2,600.00 per month. His answer? Whatever it takes.

Last year Rick Hendrick dropped like 1.3 million for the RIGHTS to the first Corvette off the assembly line at the Barrett Jackson auction. I believe most of the proceeds went to charity, but still - do you really think Rick cared if it was 1.3 or 1.4 million?

There are people out there with funds so unlimited that it just becomes a number.

The problem that I see; and what I don't understand, is there is nothing really any MORE special about the one in Vegas compared to the other 1963 that they are going to build. If it was the FIRST off the line or something, I could understand a bit better.

mcate 5/16/14 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 6803802)

Exactly what I was thinking. They'll ask it because someone will pay it.

laserred38 5/16/14 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cristoff (Post 6803953)
people with enough disposable income to buy it at $100,000.00 won't really care if it is $80,000.00, $100,000.00, or $150,000.00. When you get to that point, it becomes irrelevant. I deal with people like that every day at the Store. We just had a good client of ours drop $47,000.00 on a LEASE for a 2014 B7 Alpina and his payment is STILL $2,600.00 per month. His answer? Whatever it takes. Last year Rick Hendrick dropped like 1.3 million for the RIGHTS to the first Corvette off the assembly line at the Barrett Jackson auction. I believe most of the proceeds went to charity, but still - do you really think Rick cared if it was 1.3 or 1.4 million? There are people out there with funds so unlimited that it just becomes a number. The problem that I see; and what I don't understand, is there is nothing really any MORE special about the one in Vegas compared to the other 1963 that they are going to build. If it was the FIRST off the line or something, I could understand a bit better.

Yup. Rich bastards :shame:

Remford 6/26/14 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6803983)
Yup. Rich bastards :shame:

What about being wealthy necessarily makes someone a bastard and why is it a shame? Do you intend to hang up the "CLOSED" sign once you've earned enough to meet some kind of predetermined limit?

I swear. This nation spends half its time *****ing about the stagnant economy and the other half trying to undermine everything a sustainable economy requires to operate by cutting-off at the knees those who possess the ability and ambition to earn money and a willingness to spend it.

It's no wonder the U.S. is circling the Kohler. When the U.S. has finally reached its credit limit and the last **** fool Chinese realizes there's not a hope in hell of getting back what he's already lent and the wheels finally do come off, it will have been history's biggest ever inside job, and it will have been perpetrated mostly by those who've exacted more from the economy than they've contributed to it.

To these folks, it seems the only virtuous money is what's taken from a first party by a second party who decides how it should be spent upon a third. They spend far more energy begrudging Bill Gates' his wealth than they'll ever expend upon trying to accumulate their own. They seem to feel each dollar in a wealthier person's pocket somehow unjustly was earned at their expense when not once cent of Warren Buffet's wealth will ever make one iota of difference upon their own financial security except by the lack of opportunity he'd ever provide others without it.

They seem to forget that virtually no person ever became wealthy without a great many other people who were eager to make him that way and wanted whatever particular item or service of value he provided more than the money required to obtain it. It's also very important to remember very few people who were foreclosed upon when the bubble burst ever cried when the check cleared the bank - for their first, second, third or fourth mortgages up to 125% of their homes' values which, in many cases, they never could've afforded to begin with. Even many who could continue to afford their homes then decided to make their lenders co-investors by walking away and leaving them holding the bag when the homes stopped climbing in value forever and the ATM ran dry.

These are the people who, to assuage their own regret and resentment, would rather consign everybody to being equally poor than UN-equally wealthy. They tend to be SO focused upon so-called income inequality to notice that "poverty" has never been less arduous or dangerous and now often includes housing, television, a phone and diseases like obesity and diabetes which primarily are diseases of excess rather than hunger and deprivation.

Unless he broke into my house or obtained it by outright fraud, not one single person who is wealthier than I am owes me a goddamned thing or has a greater impact upon my own ability to acquire wealth than I do. Virtually no one who believes differently. In fact, given the punitive tax regime which foists such a huge portion of the burden upon such a disproportionate few, the ONLY appropriate sentiment for those who earn greater wealth is "thank you" for footing so much of the bill that others won't need to pay. It's ironic how so many feel entitled to help themselves to other peoples' tax dollars, while being so reticent to afford them more than the one vote everybody else gets to cast.

Even in terms as specific as the Mustang, why would anybody begrudge the fact that people are apparently willing to pay so much for them? This is precisely what any enthusiast should want. Who has ANY respect for a Chevy Cobalt that precious few wanted even when it was new and before it depreciated to zero upon driving off the dealer lot? I agree that price gouging is an example of dealers abusing the territorial monopolies they enjoy in exchange for being a maker's local representation, but it's makers who have the beef since they don't get to share a nickel of the proceeds while still being responsible for subsidizing any unsold inventory dealers couldn't otherwise sell at a profit.

These used to be common sense principles and, because they were uniquely true in the United States, the reasons why people dropped everything and packed their bags to come here. We've since managed to go so far for so long as a nation by trading upon credit and what our predecessors earned that more people than ever have only their senses of entitlement and expectation without ANY sense of or appreciation for what creating any of those things require. And somewhere along the way, they've become willing to sell themselves out to the first person who told them, "It's not your responsibility. It's "THEIRS", and the first thing I'll do if you're willing to back me is take whatever they have and give some to you."

laserred38 6/26/14 06:01 PM

Well, I was kinda being facetious lol, but okay.

lovemeng 6/26/14 09:02 PM

It's a really high price.

Getportfolio 6/26/14 09:08 PM

I agree, lovemen.