GT

Where to buy Wheel/Tire Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/16, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to buy Wheel/Tire Kits?

Hey! I'm trying to find a deal on a rim/tire set, but I can't find a decent vendor. I've used American Muscle for my previous Mustangs, but it seems their customer service is all to hell. CJ Pony parts seems kinda high.

So where should I look for good rims at a good price, and should I buy tires separately or in a kit?
Old 8/30/16, 02:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sometimes EBay will have a wheel/tire set in very good to almost new condition, but it's buyer beware. Tire Rack has always been my go-to source for tires, and they have a pretty good selection of wheels. I am not sure if they offer a discount for a wheel/tire combo, but their on-line assistance and help desk are very good. I think you can get them delivered already mounted and balanced. Good Luck!!
Old 8/30/16, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you looking for aftermarket wheels, or upgrading to higher end stock wheels? If higher end stock wheels (like I did), eBay is a great place. I upgraded my '15 GT (18inch to the performance pack wheels and tires (19inch). I found a Ford dealer on eBay who had brand new takeoffs from a car and I bought them. If you're in no rush, shop around. There are great deals to be had out there. I didn't use AM or CJ because I wanted Ford wheels.
Old 8/30/16, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Good question. You may be better off looking at tirerack for tires, and checking out LMR.com for wheels. AM has decent selection too. Sorry to hear you've had service issues. They've always been good to me.
Old 8/31/16, 04:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Discount Tire has had better tire pricing than Tire Rack for a few years now, and they sell wheels too. They'll even mount/balance the tires, but I'm not sure if they sell TPMS sensors

That being said, my current wheels and rear tires I bought from American Muscle.
I messaged their rep on here, Alex, and he made up a quote with a better-than usual price, I call in with the quote number and place the order. 2-3 days later I have my stuff
Old 9/2/16, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
If you haven't already decided what wheels you want. I wouldn't go to the Big volume dealers yet. I would suggest you check out the offerings from a dealer that specializes in performance car wheels and tires. They have a much greater selection of wheels, they know the S550 platform and what fits, how it looks, etc. You don't have to buy performance tires you can get all seasons it you want.

I would suggest GetYourWheels.com or N4SM.com.
Old 9/4/16, 06:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have been buying tires, wheels and tire/wheel combinations from Tire Rack since 1980. I tend to purchase higher quality stuff, e.g., BBS wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires but have also purchased several sets of mid range wheels and many mid range tires. I have never had a problem with anything I have purchased from them. I particularly like their reviews where you can find info on your car in an environment like yours and driven approx the way you drive. If you look around, you can find better prices, but there is something to be said for "packages" delivered to your door. They are definitely the first place I look.
Old 9/5/16, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks y'all! I went with the Super Snake wheels and staggered Mickey Thompsons. When I get her back, I'll post pics! She'll have a new hood, side scoops, exhaust, rims, tires, and caliper covers. The only thing I won't love about it is the bill. LOL