GT

traction control??

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/18, 06:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
traction control??

Guys my 50 is very tail happy I stepped hard on the gas today and almost through the thing away, it is in normal mode with traction control on.
is it normal that these cars just get lose with very little assistance from the traction control? Also I notice when we have wheel spin ther is no flashing triangle or warning lamp in the instruments cluster? Is that normal
in other cars we have a yellow lamp flashing when athe traction control is intervening in mine nothing

it's quite entertaining but I'm concerned I can lose control of it and make a ***** of myself in the traffic
Old 9/18/18, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Mine seems pretty tame. I've only managed to chirp the tires a couple times. But I don't go to seek it out.

My first two thoughts. Do you still have tread on your tires? Second, did a previous owner install a tune on the car? Not sure how you can tell if a tune was installed, but I know in my '06 after I tuned it, it was very easy to get loose if you weren't careful.

Edit* Suppose an easy way to tell, would be to go out on a secluded stretch of road, and gun it from a stand still. If the shifts are super crisp, I'd say someone installed a tune. If the shifts feel slow and sluggish, then it sounds like it would be stock.

Last edited by woody24; 9/18/18 at 08:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
captain greg (9/18/18)
Old 9/18/18, 10:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by woody24
Mine seems pretty tame. I've only managed to chirp the tires a couple times. But I don't go to seek it out.

My first two thoughts. Do you still have tread on your tires? Second, did a previous owner install a tune on the car? Not sure how you can tell if a tune was installed, but I know in my '06 after I tuned it, it was very easy to get loose if you weren't careful.

Edit* Suppose an easy way to tell, would be to go out on a secluded stretch of road, and gun it from a stand still. If the shifts are super crisp, I'd say someone installed a tune. If the shifts feel slow and sluggish, then it sounds like it would be stock.
my car is stock, owned it since new, I'm surprised you can't get yiur wheels to just light up?
my GT spins with relative ease off the mark and pulling away in a corner or turning it gets out of shape quick!

my dealer says there is no flashing light in the instrument cluster and says it's not like a normal sports car ......says it's Mustang and they are tail happy
It's quite concerning as its only 435 HP .... in contrast my Aston with almost 600 Hp is much more controllable and the light in the cluster does come on when we give it carrots but it never gets its A. a. s out quite like this thing....man but do I enjoy this trailer trash car
Old 9/18/18, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Sounds like you guys got a whole nother car than here. No sequential turn lights. No traction control. Does your car 'bing' if you start it up without your seatbelt on? Wonder what else is different on it.