GT

Swapping Corsa Xtreame Axle-Back for Sport

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/24, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swapping Corsa Xtreame Axle-Back for Sport

Hey all!

New here to the forums so please excuse if this is a repeat post.

I bought a used 20 Mustang GT and the previous owner has done some pretty sweet modifications to the car. namely added Kooks headers and a Corsa Xtreame exhaust system. As some of you will know, this makes the car LOUD! I am wanting to reduce some of the volume on the car to make it a little more neighborhood friendly (I have a lot of older neighbors). Was wondering if I could swap out the Axle back portion of the exhaust for the Corsa Sport and if that would make a decent difference in volume. Hoping to get some thoughts and opinion's on this. Thanks again!

- Juan

Last edited by juansyto; 3/15/24 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 3/15/24, 02:26 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard! To answer your question, by swapping the Corsa Xtremes for Corsa Sports will make somewhat of a difference, but overall, Corsa sports are still nevertheless a bit louder over the stock exhaust... If you're looking for an exhaust which is noticeably louder over the stock exhaust, but not too overbearing, I would then recommend that you consider looking into Borla S-type cat back exhaust for your "20" Mustang GT.... You might want to also consider checking out our videos in the "Curated Content Sub Forum Sections" as "KC" Kevin brought up in his post below, as we have plenty of Mustang videos that have Corsa, Borla and other exhaust systems to select from...

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...oboost-550441/

In the meantime, hope you find the info provided, as useful...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/18/24 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Post Correction
Old 3/15/24, 02:34 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Rocky,

Don't Forget All Our Vids in the Curated Content Sections! I Know I Do From Time To Time. In Fact I Seem To Recall You Did Some as Well! Seems Like a Lifetime ago The Way Things Have Happened over the Last Couple of Years.

S550 Mustang 2015-2023 Youtube Exhaust Video's V8 & Ecoboost!

KC
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (3/15/24)
Old 3/15/24, 03:46 PM

Oops! my bad, Kevin... I totally forgot about our videos in the Curated Content Sections! Anyway, thanks for reminding me, as it really sucks when getting old...
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (3/15/24)
Old 3/17/24, 08:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
wasn't there another post recently where they guy was saying that his Corsa system was too quiet; and on further investigation we found that it has a mid-pipe resonator in the system?

maybe you could trade your regular mid-pipe for his with the resonator and then you'd both be happy

(or maybe it was on a different forum, or it could have been years ago, I am getting up there in years too LOL )

Last edited by Bert; 3/17/24 at 08:51 AM.
Old 3/17/24, 10:12 AM

If the previous owner upgraded to Kooks headers as described? It would seem very unlikely his car still has the regular mid-pipe... Therefore, I'm assuming by the OP's description that his car has Kooks LT headers... At any rate, the OP needs to provide more details regarding whether his car has Kooks LT headers or shorty headers and which type of mid-pipe is currently installed, as in X-pipe, H-pipe, catted or off-road...
Old 3/17/24, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If the previous owner upgraded to Kooks headers as described? It would seem very unlikely his car still has the regular mid-pipe... Therefore, I'm assuming by the OP's description that his car has Kooks LT headers... At any rate, the OP needs to provide more details regarding whether his car has Kooks LT headers or shorty headers and which type of mid-pipe is currently installed, as in X-pipe, H-pipe, catted or off-road...
Sorry about that. LT headers and catted mid-pipe.
Old 3/18/24, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by juansyto
Sorry about that. LT headers and catted mid-pipe.
No worries and thanks for clarifying! Assuming your car no longer has the factory resonators? You might possibly want to consider adding/splicing in some Vibrant Performance resonators https://vibrantperformance.com/bottl...onators-v1250/ https://vibrantperformance.com/ultra...onators-v1249/ which may help tame down the Corsa Xtremes to a more neighbor friendly level...
Otherwise, as mentioned above, I would highly recommend that you check out our exhaust video section located in the Curated Content Sections which has exhaust videos of several exhaust brands on Mustangs...

After watching/listening to each video, this should give you a better idea as to which exhaust system sounds like, then compare them and find out which sound best to you...
If you like the Corsa Sports over the other brands? Go with them, but if they don't sound quite neighbor friendly enough, then consider the other brands until you come across the brand which best describes the sound, you're searching for...

If this were my Mustang? I would narrow down my choices between Borla Touring Exhaust and Corsa Sport Exhaust...

Although the 3 video attachments below is from an older S197 Mustang Bullitt, the review presented by forum member "tigerhonaker" demonstrates just how well the Borla Touring Exhaust sounds when compared to Borla ATAK exhaust paired with LT headers and hi-flow catted mid-pipe and is therefore highly recommended for LT header and hi-flow catted applications...

Borla Touring Exhaust
Borla ATAK exhaust- Demo 1

Borla ATAK exhaust-Demo 2

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/25/24 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added Second and Third YouTube Video Attachments