GT

Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Potential Heatsoak.

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/23, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Potential Heatsoak.

I recently bought a 2019 Gt with a Roush phase 2 supercharger. I've been having my boost work at random. After it warms up it only gives around 4-7lbs. Sometimes it gives me 0-1lbs. I know the belt isn't slipping. There's no needling. I do believe the bypass valve is opening and leaking my boost at times. I've narrowed it down to, what I think and could be wrong, 3 issues.

- General Heat soak.
- Bypass valve going bad.
- Vac lines collapsing. (Least likely but potential.)

My first question is, what would be the best solution to mitigate the heat soaking issue. I've read anything from putting high flow pumps in, to installing a chillbox.

My second question is, would it be possible that the vac lines are collapsing due to heat?

Last question, would the bypass valve open if theres too much heat? As a way to protect the engine from the compressed hot air.

Thank you for any and all information you can provide me. I really want to get this thing running like it's supposed to. I believe the previous owner installed this kit not realizing he needed to have proper cooling with it.
Old 9/24/23, 08:08 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,905 Posts
@Airbornne

Welcome To Tms!

I have uploaded Instructions For Blower To Facilitate any Help we Can get on Your Issue. I Have Owned a 2007 GT/CS With Roushcharger & I Currently Own 2002 Harley F-150 & Shelby Gt-500 Both Supercharged. I am Familiar With Heatsoak For Sure. I Also Worked at a Roush Dealer 2006-2010.

It is Possible Your Intercooler Setup is Not Functioning Correctly So That Would Be My Starting Point!!!!!

Could Be as Simple as Circulating Pump is Bad or Not Installed Correctly.

You Say You Bought Car With it.

Did it Ever Run Correctly or Have You had Issues Since Purchase. The More Descriptive of All Circumstances You Can Be Be Will Help the Process.

Where are You Located and Are You in A High Heat Area or High Altitude at the Present??

If You Have Not Read the Roush Instructions it Would Be a Good Start To Understand Install & Function

We Have 3 People off the Top of My Head Who May Have Some Feedback. I'm Sure there are Others But These Come To Mind! I Did a Mention on All!

Does it Run Good When First Driving Then Seem To Loose Power Fast as Time Goes On??? You Did Infer this But Can You Give A Better Time Frame??

Some Nice Underhood Pics Might Be of Use, Lots of Angles in Good Light To See Quality of Install!

Do You Know if Seller Did Install or Was a Roush Approved Shop Used???

Did You Get Car From a Car Lot or Private Party???

Any Documents Come With Car Regarding Roush Blower Install??

Are You Sure PCM Has Proper Calibration For Current Setup?? Correct Spark Plugs {Heat Range}??

Have You Contacted Roush For Any Info???

If They Did Pcm Reflash They May Have Records on That.

Roush Should Have Some Info For Warranty Registration on Blower.

@svopaul @shaneyusa @stage 3

Mgb,

KC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RoushBlower.pdf (11.91 MB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf
Phase2 Supplement.pdf (2.90 MB, 14 views)
Old 9/25/23, 06:50 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
All good questions above ^....the more information the better. I agree with starting at the pump for the cooling system for the intercooler.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/25/23)
Old 9/25/23, 02:37 PM

I Can't Believe I Forgot to Ask if He Checked For Any Trouble Codes????

Mgb,

Kc

Old 9/25/23, 02:44 PM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I Can't Believe I Forgot to Ask if He Checked For Any Trouble Codes????

Mgb,

Kc
I guess we probably just assume that's a given and that he did...

Old 9/25/23, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by svopaul
I guess we probably just assume that's a given and that he did...
I Had A Rare Day Yesterday in The Higher Gear Range! Does Not Happen Often For Me With the Health Issues! I Was in Overachiever Mode!

I did a Little Research on the Setup And All it Would take is a Bad Connection or Bad Relay To Knock Out Intercooler Pump.

We Always Hope it's The Easy Fix! That is Human Nature! I'm No Different!

We Shall Stand By and See What The Op Says!

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/25/23, 03:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbornne
I recently bought a 2019 Gt with a Roush phase 2 supercharger. I've been having my boost work at random. After it warms up it only gives around 4-7lbs. Sometimes it gives me 0-1lbs. I know the belt isn't slipping. There's no needling. I do believe the bypass valve is opening and leaking my boost at times. I've narrowed it down to, what I think and could be wrong, 3 issues.

- General Heat soak.
- Bypass valve going bad.
- Vac lines collapsing. (Least likely but potential.)

My first question is, what would be the best solution to mitigate the heat soaking issue. I've read anything from putting high flow pumps in, to installing a chillbox.

My second question is, would it be possible that the vac lines are collapsing due to heat?

Last question, would the bypass valve open if theres too much heat? As a way to protect the engine from the compressed hot air.

Thank you for any and all information you can provide me. I really want to get this thing running like it's supposed to. I believe the previous owner installed this kit not realizing he needed to have proper cooling with it.
Heatsoak would definitely not let it go down that low, I don't think.
I am leaning towards vacuum more than anything.

Good luck and keep us posted on what the cause was.
Old 9/25/23, 04:08 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,985 Likes on 1,609 Posts
The first question I always ask is, has the person in question have access to a hand-held programmer/scanning device and if they scanned for any trouble codes? Doing so saves a lot of time and guess work when it comes to troubleshooting potential operating issues.