GT

Problems with Steeda Sport Rear Springs Install

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/17, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problems with Steeda Sport Rear Springs Install

Hi, I'm a bit in a bind. I was installing my Steeda Sport springs in my 2015 GT today, and when I went to raise up the drivers side rear subframe to install the mount bolts, they bolts did not line up and we off my maybe a 1/4 inch or more! Did I mess something up? I was on a Lift and the Air Force base that I work at. They closed at 5pm, so I had to leave it up and supported on the lift and I will go back tomorrow to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreachiated.
Old 6/27/17, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by AircraftTech
Hi, I'm a bit in a bind. I was installing my Steeda Sport springs in my 2015 GT today, and when I went to raise up the drivers side rear subframe to install the mount bolts, they bolts did not line up and we off my maybe a 1/4 inch or more! Did I mess something up? I was on a Lift and the Air Force base that I work at. They closed at 5pm, so I had to leave it up and supported on the lift and I will go back tomorrow to figure it out. Any help will be greatly appreachiated.
I am looking into this for you with our install dept. - Ifi I don't here anything back this evening, you can call us at 1800 950 0774 & ask for Rod - he has superior knowledge when it comes to installation.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 6/28/17, 06:11 AM
GT Member

Thank you so much TJ. I'm heading back to the base soon and the garage opens at 8 am central time. I do remember that I installed the top of the shock first. That might be my problem. I will call when I get to the car
Old 6/28/17, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Essentially, what is going on is, the car is misaligned from the factory.

When you unbolted the rear subframe it shifted and you just need to get it back aligned and everything will be okay.

I’d suggest an alignment too as it seems like the subframe has moved since you started this install.

Something you can look into is our alignment kit:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-m...-555-4438.html

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 6/28/17, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Yeah, sounds like that was the problem. I was able disconect both tops of the shocks, and loosen the right side bolts some, and with both subframes supported i carefully lowerd the right side just enough, and had someone push on the left side and we were able to get it to slide back in place. I made some minor adjustments and then tighened everthing back up and installed the rest of the bolts and shocks. Then I took the car strait to my local Ford Dealership for an alignment. I told them what happened and that its a common problem just like you said. I wish I had bought that kit before I did all this... Oh well, hopefully I will not be messing with the rear suspension again for a while. Thank you again so much for your help.