GT

Inlet Air Temp are HIGHHH

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/17, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inlet Air Temp are HIGHHH

I have a 2016 Mustang GT Prem running on Axle Back Flowmasters with Ford Perf X-Pipe. I have C&L Racer Cold Air Intake + Bama x4 Tune on 93 perf. My inlet temp idling or after a short drive and idling reaches to 120+ and sometimes in the 170'ish. If I am on the highway and depending on how fast or how much wind is blowing into the motor and on also depending on the weather, the temp drops again in the mid 90's and it varies on my driving conditions. Can anyone relate or tell me if that is normal?

Last edited by VroomVroomScreech; 6/6/17 at 01:44 PM.
Old 6/6/17, 04:12 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Odd...my 2013 will start to climb if I'm sitting still, but at anything over 35 mph, it will read ambient. It was that way both before and after the supercharger. It actually takes longer at idle to climb with the supercharger - I'm guessing that's the intercooler working since the air filter is now above the driver's side exhaust header.
Old 6/7/17, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by VroomVroomScreech
Can anyone relate or tell me if that is normal?
I would say it's normal at idle. The filter isn't separated from the engine compartments heat, {from what I've seen on an American Muscle video
}. It's drawing whatever air temp that is under the hood until cooler air while driving, forces the engine heated air out of the compartment. I don't know that I would call it a true cold air intake. I might call it an increased air flow intake due to it's 95mm MAF housing.
Old 6/20/17, 04:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Steeda intake filter sits in a "tub" that appears to be fairly isolated from the engine bay heat. I have never seen any temperature over 100 degrees on the intake measurement at idle or at speed.
Old 6/20/17, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I agree with Lime and PT. This design eliminates the factory cold air intake ducting, which means your engine is sucking in hot air from the bay.

Stock airbox and a lot of other manufacturers (like Steeda) keep the ducting next to the driver side headlight which ensures you are sucking in outside air.