GT

Traded my '14 S197 GT Vert for a '16 S550 GT/CS Vert

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/17, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded my '14 S197 GT Vert for a '16 S550 GT/CS Vert

So, as the thread title said, I went from a S197 to a S550 convertible (CPO with 5K miles).

Wow, pretty big difference. Mostly positive but a few little negatives.

Positives.
  • Significant improvement on the automatic's programming. That was the first thing I noticed. I love the Sport Plus mode throttle blip on downshifts.
  • The way the IRS handles bumps on the corners is significantly better than the solid rear axle.
  • I've got the CS. The seats are awesome. Nicely but not overly bolstered. They hold me better than the S197 seats but still comfy.
  • My S197 had the Brembo Brake package. I loved them. I expected to be a little let down by the standard S550 brakes but was pleasantly surprised how strong they are. I know, this is a grand tour car, not an autocross car.

Negatives
  • The A pillars are HUGE. I though I was in a Camero the first time I test drove it.
  • Not a big fan of those ridges in the hood. You can't even see the right turn signal in the right scoop. Dumb design. I had a 68 Mustang when I was a kid. It had the signals in the hood. Much better.
  • The S550 is sweet, but my S197 was a real looker. The Deep Impact Blue looked especially great after I powder coated the wheels. The S197 just looks more masculine to me.
Attached Thumbnails Traded my '14 S197 GT Vert for a '16 S550 GT/CS Vert-img_3300.jpg   Traded my '14 S197 GT Vert for a '16 S550 GT/CS Vert-img_3461.jpg  

Last edited by ustabawannab; 6/23/17 at 02:04 PM.
Old 6/23/17, 02:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by ustabawannab
Negatives
  • The A pillars are HUGE. I though I was in a Camero the first time I test drove it.
  • Not a big fan of those ridges in the hood. You can't even see the right turn signal in the right scoop. Dumb design. I had a 68 Mustang when I was a kid. It had the signals in the hood. Much better.
  • The S550 is sweet, but my S197 was a real looker. The Deep Impact Blue looked especially great after I powder coated the wheels. The S197 just looks more masculine to me.
Nice car! Congrats.

Yeah, the first 2 negatives will grow on you over time.
But, I agree with your last bullet. I think the S197 cars do look more aggressive and masculine.