GT

Front Suspension rattle solved, Warranteed

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/17, 03:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Front Suspension rattle solved, Warranteed

I had a loud clunking/banging noise coming from the left front wheel well when driving over uneven pavement in parking lots, etc. Dealer replaced strut and noise is now gone. They said the shaft was loose inside the strut body, but not leaking. Just wanted to mention this in case someone else ends up with a similar noise. 2015 Mustang GT with under 11,000 miles.
Old 4/30/17, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for this info colt breaker. I have the same issue happening on my 2017 GT, but coming from the rear passenger side. At first I thought it was due to the new springs I had installed, but it'd hurt nothing to let Ford diagnose for free. I'll take it in this week. Thanks again.
Old 5/3/21, 06:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently purchased a 2008 Mustang 4.0 Coupe Deluxe for my daughter's first car. It had 115k miles on it. From the Carfax and my personal inspection, it has turned out to be exactly what I was hoping it to be, an all original car that had no history of major mechanical issues. It was just driven by previous owners who had to do nothing to it. I wanted to be the one who performed the first maintenance on it. It had the original serpentine belt, spark plugs, fuel filter filled with very dark brown mirk, totally flat shocks, springs and struts, cloth seats, complete with drivers side hole in the lower outside back rest and totally glazed over headlights. In other words, a perfect car that had never been messed with by a wannabe teen age mechanic.

This forum helped me find the "clunk" in the front end. I read where someone suggested that the fastest, easiest and cheapest first step in the process of elimination is to remove the front stabilizer bar. I removed it and wa-la...no more clunk. Someone had placed a plastic shim behind the passenger side mounting clamp in an attempt to stop the "clunk." That was the first and only shade tree fix that the car had. New bushings are on the way.