GT

2018 Mustang GT Receives Level 2 Performance Pack

Old 4/8/18, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is how it should look!

Oops! Wrong thread

Last edited by msp.ecoboost; 4/8/18 at 12:45 PM.
Old 4/8/18, 01:55 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,615 Posts
Originally Posted by msp.ecoboost
Oops! Wrong thread
God will now punish you!!!
Old 4/8/18, 04:15 PM
Banned

Punish myself?

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
God will now punish you!!!
I'm to innocent to punish myself! My life has been hard enough! My Tribulations started at the age of 38! At that age, I was clueless to who I was! I've been betrayed by everything I put in place to protect me, being born on Earth! Somehow they thought I was at a disadvantage being human! Little did they know my power when I'm sleeping is immense!

Anyway, to make a long story short Mustang Freak, punishing my self is not an option! I know it was a joke!

The new name of the way of life is called, (The Way Of The Holy Cross) (The Way of The Holy Bible)!

Please dis regard the so called Jesus Christ! He was the very first to betray me! Guess where he's at right now! (Judgment) being punished!

Do you think I would send my Son to Earth to be tortured and put on a Cross with nails? That's so ridiculous! Everyone has mis interpreted the meaning of the Bible!
Jesus is the enemy, not to be trusted! That's what the Crucifix is all about! The Cross punishishing what deserves punishment!

Last edited by msp.ecoboost; 4/8/18 at 05:14 PM.
Old 4/8/18, 07:50 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,615 Posts
Originally Posted by msp.ecoboost
I'm to innocent to punish myself! My life has been hard enough! My Tribulations started at the age of 38! At that age, I was clueless to who I was! I've been betrayed by everything I put in place to protect me, being born on Earth! Somehow they thought I was at a disadvantage being human! Little did they know my power when I'm sleeping is immense!

Anyway, to make a long story short Mustang Freak, punishing my self is not an option! I know it was a joke!

The new name of the way of life is called, (The Way Of The Holy Cross) (The Way of The Holy Bible)!

Please dis regard the so called Jesus Christ! He was the very first to betray me! Guess where he's at right now! (Judgment) being punished!

Do you think I would send my Son to Earth to be tortured and put on a Cross with nails? That's so ridiculous! Everyone has mis interpreted the meaning of the Bible!
Jesus is the enemy, not to be trusted! That's what the Crucifix is all about! The Cross punishishing what deserves punishment!
Ummm...ok then!
Old 4/9/18, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't we just talk about Mustangs? I want to know more about the level 2 performance GT. I've had a low grade fever for one since they were announced. I want to know how it performs compared to the S197 GTs and even track packs.
Old 4/9/18, 09:47 AM
Banned

S197 or Foxbody? Which do you most desire?

Originally Posted by 13GetThere
Can't we just talk about Mustangs? I want to know more about the level 2 performance GT. I've had a low grade fever for one since they were announced. I want to know how it performs compared to the S197 GTs and even track packs.

Sounds good 13GetThere!! The S197 chassis cars are deadly with the early model Coyote! The resale value all the way back to 2005 is impeccable!

In terms of the Foxbody, it was the lightest mustang platform Ford ever produced!
The 5.0L motor was awesome!
On terms of the S550 chassis, they are a little on the heavy side, but this just means they need more power to catch up! I recommend Ford move to an all aluminum chassis for 2019, to compensate for whatever it is that's making them so heavy! Thus far that's the only drawback to the S550!

Last edited by msp.ecoboost; 4/9/18 at 09:54 AM.
Old 4/9/18, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Agreed. Enough bible banging and heresy.

Ok, so I still haven't seen any head to heads, but the one that would make sense would be against 1SS 1LE. This time Mustang might have a shot at being really close.

I love the idea of a L2 PP. It has all the right components: sticky 305 rubber on all 4 corners, magnetic dampers, stiffer front springs. The PP already had 6 piston brembos.

S550 PP was supposed to be 1.5s quicker than a '13 Boss 302 at Grattan raceway in Michigan. If I were to place a bet on L2 PP I'd say 3s quicker. Those tires with proper damping will make a 1s difference already.
Old 4/10/18, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

The difference between the S550 and the S197 is the independent rear suspension and the live axle. Ford was the last of the big 3 to put IRS in their pony cars, and the IRS added a significant amount of weight to the car. Ford added some horse power to compensate for the extra weight in the GT, but it wasn't enough to keep up with the SS Camaro. While I love my 13GT Brembo, I do have some issues with how it handles some times. I have thought about getting the Ford adjustable suspension and a Cortex Watts Link, but the L2 PP on a 2018 or 19 GT might be the better option. I just don't want another car payment. On the other hand, if I can get in the car and pinch a button and get the handling I want now versus trying to set up a suspension to the handling I want by twisting dampers and turning bolts on sway bars and watts links, it might be worth it.
I want to hear more.
Old 4/10/18, 11:54 AM
Banned

The difference between the S550 and the S197 is the independent rear suspension and the live axle. Ford was the last of the big 3 to put IRS in their pony cars, and the IRS added a significant amount of weight to the car. Ford added some horse power to compensate for the extra weight in the GT, but it wasn't enough to keep up with the SS Camaro. While I love my 13GT Brembo, I do have some issues with how it handles some times. I have thought about getting the Ford adjustable suspension and a Cortex Watts Link, but the L2 PP on a 2018 or 19 GT might be the better option. I just don't want another car payment. On the other hand, if I can get in the car and pinch a button and get the handling I want now versus trying to set up a suspension to the handling I want by twisting dampers and turning bolts on sway bars and watts links, it might be worth it.
I want to hear more.
In terms of weight, the 2018 at 460HP is a big improvement over the previous year! The 11 second 0 to 100mph, done by member 2018GT was quite impressive!

If Ford took the 2019 or 2020 GT to 500HP that would be spectacular!

In a side note, I would like to see the Notch Back LX 5.0 make its appearance on the S550 platform! If there are any artist out there draw a design of an S550 Notch Back LX and post it here!

Last edited by msp.ecoboost; 4/10/18 at 11:56 AM.
Old 4/10/18, 12:08 PM
Banned

Hey guys, all the LX notch back is, is a convertible hard top! Real easy to make!

You hear that Ford, just take a convertible and put a hardtop on it! With a back window. And call it an LX Notch Back 5.0!

Last edited by msp.ecoboost; 4/10/18 at 12:16 PM.
Old 5/5/18, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my new 2019 GT with PP2. Ford dropped the Shaker Pro stereo for the Bang & Olafsen set up. Otherwise seems to be the same as the 2018.

Last edited by JD_Stang; 5/9/18 at 07:33 AM.
Old 5/7/18, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Can't wait to get a report back on your 2019 GT with the PPL2.

One of the guys in my pistol club works for Ford and was driving a loaner Saturday. It was a 2019 Mustang Ecoboost. I looked it over and it was a nice looking car even if it was an Ecoboost.
Old 5/7/18, 09:22 PM
V6 Member

Just ordered a 2019 with PP2 today as well. I was told that ordering for 2019 Mustangs doesn't open until June 22nd and it could take 12 weeks+ to get the car. It's going to be a long summer.
Old 5/7/18, 10:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Beautiful car. Truly well done Ford. I too wish Ford would figure out how to pull some weight out of the thing, but so much car for the money.

And I want to thank someone here for buying my future car. I like the lighter blue with the black recaros. Thank you very much.

You see, I just can’t see paying that much for a car toy. I am not saying it’s not worth it, just not right now. I need to wait for the magic of depreciation to work

I wish I was one of those guys who can rip a new car around the track and not give it a second thought. Too unnerving for me. Now my beater 2012... there is a car a guy can feel good about whooping on.

My attitude has always been that if I would shed even one tear when, not if, I eventually toss it into the wall, it’s just not for me.

On a side note, I was at a track day at PIR a few years ago and saw a dude put his new GT3 into the wall on turn 9. He took it like a man. Never even blinked as the expensive, German pieces were unceremoniously piled onto the flatbed. I respected that.
Old 5/8/18, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenswine
No wheel color option .Dark tarnish stainless I believe is the color name
Frankenswine, does the owner's manual for your PP2 say what the dimensions are for the wheels? I am trying to find the offset and back spacing for them so that I can start looking for a winter set of wheels and tires.
Old 5/8/18, 03:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Originally Posted by JD_Stang
. . . I am trying to find the offset and back spacing for them so that I can start looking for a winter set of wheels and tires.
You really want the set of wheels with smallest diameter and narrowest width that will clear the brakes, not monster 11" wide wheels.

I guess 19" is probably the smallest diameter that will clear, but if you could run 18" wheel in the winter you could run a taller tire (more sidewall).

The wheel width and offset are related to each other; I think you want a narrower wheel so you can run a narrower tire; so the offset will be a bit tricky . . .
Old 5/8/18, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
You really want the set of wheels with smallest diameter and narrowest width that will clear the brakes, not monster 11" wide wheels.

I guess 19" is probably the smallest diameter that will clear, but if you could run 18" wheel in the winter you could run a taller tire (more sidewall).

The wheel width and offset are related to each other; I think you want a narrower wheel so you can run a narrower tire; so the offset will be a bit tricky . . .

Yeah, I thought about that too. The easy way out would be to get a set of the PP1 staggered wheels with some really good all season tires and keep the Cup2's for autocross and the track.
Old 5/8/18, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by 759Rider

On a side note, I was at a track day at PIR a few years ago and saw a dude put his new GT3 into the wall on turn 9. He took it like a man. Never even blinked as the expensive, German pieces were unceremoniously piled onto the flatbed. I respected that.
It's called track insurance . I still get it for mine every time I try to push for a new Personal Best at the track.
Old 5/8/18, 07:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
It's called track insurance . I still get it for mine every time I try to push for a new Personal Best at the track.
i never really thought about it. No idea how that all works but seems smart.

Also very not sure if it works different with something worth $20k as opposed to $200k.

Noticed our cars cars are kind of twins. You has stock rear bar and Steeda front? I am placing an order with them for jacking rails and some other toys. Do I need a front bar?
Old 5/8/18, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
and unfortunately it doubles the cost of a track day, give or take . . . for my car valued at about $20K (which is high) I was quoted $250/day IIRC, so I decided to go bare

coincidentally I saw a guy crash his new Porsche 911 (not sure exactly which model) into a tire wall also . . . and he took it pretty well, until the track crew dragged it back to the paddock on a rope, and smashed it into a concrete wall on the way . . . not sure if the track ever paid up for that, but I don't think that tow truck driver is working there any more . . . doubt that guy had track insurance

Last edited by Bert; 5/8/18 at 07:52 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Mustang GT Receives Level 2 Performance Pack