GT

2015 Mustang GT Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust Install Video

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/15, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang GT Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust Install Video

Borla 140591 Mustang Cat-Back Exhaust Kit Atak 2.5 SS FB GT 15

This is the Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust fitting the 2015 Fastback Mustang GT. If you're looking to take your 2015 Mustang GT from lean to mean, the Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust is exactly what you need. Their brand new Stainless Steel 2-1/2" Atak Cat-Back Exhaust Kit will take your quiet, restrictive OEM exhaust system and give it the loud, race-inspired note that you've been looking for! Borla put a lot of research and development into their system to ensure you are getting both measurable power gains and a great sound out of their Atak system.

*This part is available for Pre-Order only and is expected to arrive sometime in Early March 2015.

*Fits Fastback Mustangs only

See more Cat-Back Exhaust Kits from CJ Pony Parts:
Mustang Cat Back Exhaust Kits | CJ Pony Parts

See more Borla Exhaust Kits from CJ Pony Parts:
Borla Performance Industries | Mustang Borla Exhaust Kits | CJ Pony Parts
Old 3/4/15, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Maybe helpful info...So unless you wanna see the same stock muffler/pipe system removal that's reused (rightly so!) skip to 2:57 after the list of tools is done. Y'all're welcome.

However, I do want to ask Bill and/or you, Steve, a question about the stock muffler removal clip y'all are using.

When they're taking the pipes/resonator/muffler off, Bill is shoving forward on the giant assembly while his helper (who is never named) is holding up the front end of the system. And then those mufflers pop off their hangers at the rear of the car. Ta-da!zOMG!!! - nameless helper's face is priceless as he sees the left side muffler flop downwards... but stay on the pipes.

Obviously that muffler is not stock, is it? We all know that the stock is one big assembly from the cats to the tips. So what we're seein' is the removal of a modified stock system. Looks like maybe the Ford Racing mufflers?

That's actually fine, for the method is exactly the same as shown, and is not the point of my diatribe.

No, the floppy muffler means that someone didn't tighten down that muffler clamp at install... or loosened it for this removal. I am curious as to what the actual deal is on that item, that item what caused the awesome reaction from Namleless.

I love that look. "HOLY... that was *close* right?" But he says not one word, not one sound, and does his job, holding up the end. Props, yo.

---

Keep on doing the great jobs on these parts installs. Y'all are the peeps!

Last edited by houtex; 3/4/15 at 12:00 PM.
Old 3/6/15, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Maybe helpful info...So unless you wanna see the same stock muffler/pipe system removal that's reused (rightly so!) skip to 2:57 after the list of tools is done. Y'all're welcome.

However, I do want to ask Bill and/or you, Steve, a question about the stock muffler removal clip y'all are using.

When they're taking the pipes/resonator/muffler off, Bill is shoving forward on the giant assembly while his helper (who is never named) is holding up the front end of the system. And then those mufflers pop off their hangers at the rear of the car. Ta-da!zOMG!!! - nameless helper's face is priceless as he sees the left side muffler flop downwards... but stay on the pipes.

Obviously that muffler is not stock, is it? We all know that the stock is one big assembly from the cats to the tips. So what we're seein' is the removal of a modified stock system. Looks like maybe the Ford Racing mufflers?

That's actually fine, for the method is exactly the same as shown, and is not the point of my diatribe.

No, the floppy muffler means that someone didn't tighten down that muffler clamp at install... or loosened it for this removal. I am curious as to what the actual deal is on that item, that item what caused the awesome reaction from Namleless.

I love that look. "HOLY... that was *close* right?" But he says not one word, not one sound, and does his job, holding up the end. Props, yo.

---

Keep on doing the great jobs on these parts installs. Y'all are the peeps!
Sorry was out of the office due to weather. As you have seen Bill has installed more exhaust on his car then most ever will.

I'm sure they use some of the basic clips from the original install as Bill isn't going to install the OEM exhaust before every video. I'm sure some of the previous exhaust is caught in the videos later on and as this is Bills car you can believe that everything is tighten down, so more than likely what you are seeing is something that was maybe loosen ahead of time to help with the install but as I am not in the studio when these are made I'm not a 100% certain.

I hope that answers your question and as always thank you for the comments and compliments.
Old 3/6/15, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts

I kind of figure it probably was the case that he'd loosened that clamp on the left muffler for removal purposes. 'Cause Bill doesn't strike me as the kind who'd have forgotten that on his own car...