Ecoboost

EcoBoost engine photos!

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/14, 04:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's make this simple; you don't like the engine cover - remove it. Beating a dead horse about it's appearance, based on a pre-production photo in which it's not shown in finished materials, is just ignorant. Move on.
Old 2/22/14, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
I must admit, Ford did a nice job of making the 5.0 engine cover look good. It only partially covers the engine. I would not want an engine cover like the German cars and Camaro have on their engines. The engine cover shown on the Turbo four engine on the 2015 Mustang virtually covers the engine. Maybe a see thru engine cover might be something I could live with.
Well it is easy to cover such an entire small engine
Old 2/23/14, 02:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
My 2012 Focus has loud injectors. Its really a non issue.
Its entirely possible not everyone feels this way.
Old 2/23/14, 02:57 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Everybody seems on board with DI. Unfortunately with DI comes some type of injector pump, way too much fuel pressure for gasoline, and a really complicated control system. Really high pressure fuel leaks and durability are real issues. Waiting to hear about the first one bursting into flames or how much repair costs will be on these. Just not a fan of DI gasoline motors. Had a little experience with them on the pontiac solstice and it just didn't seem like a good direction. Just my opinion.
Old 2/23/14, 04:01 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
The cover looks fine to me. I can't wait to see these little 4 cylinders running 12's in the quarter with only a tune
Old 2/23/14, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Everybody seems on board with DI. Unfortunately with DI comes some type of injector pump, way too much fuel pressure for gasoline, and a really complicated control system. Really high pressure fuel leaks and durability are real issues. Waiting to hear about the first one bursting into flames or how much repair costs will be on these. Just not a fan of DI gasoline motors. Had a little experience with them on the pontiac solstice and it just didn't seem like a good direction. Just my opinion.
I have had three cars with DI, two VW's, a CC, and my wife's Passat wagon, as well as my current '13 Taurus SHO. I have had zero problems with them. The SHO has almost 14000 miles on it and runs great. The other two had 27000 miles (traded the CC on my '11 GT/CS) and the Passat had almost 40000 miles when traded on a new Jeep GC. One thing that was noted on the Taurus forums was the smell of gasoline in the oil due to DI, which according to some, causes oil dilution/contamination. Consequently, I do change my oil in SHO at 4000 mile intervals. Perhaps someone could comment on this situation, as I am only repeating what I have read. I personally have not noticed the gas odor when changing the oil, but that may be due to the shortened intervals.
Old 2/24/14, 10:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Let's make this simple; you don't like the engine cover - remove it. Beating a dead horse about it's appearance, based on a pre-production photo in which it's not shown in finished materials, is just ignorant. Move on.
but..but that's what keeps people sane! beat untill it turns into glue!
Old 2/24/14, 10:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Now is the time to voice displeasure about an engine cover on the Turbo four before it is too late. I am hoping Ford engineers left the hood open on the Turbo four Mustang to get a reaction from enthusiasts as to weather an engine cover is wanted or that they are trying to use the preproduction engine cover to hide proprietary technology.
Old 2/25/14, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think it is simply unfinished. I'm sure the production piece will look just fine.
Old 2/25/14, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
I think it is simply unfinished. I'm sure the production piece will look just fine.
This right here. Everyone needs to chill out.
Old 2/25/14, 06:20 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Now is the time to voice displeasure .

You've voiced it..ad nauseam.

Move on.
Old 2/25/14, 11:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
You've voiced it..ad nauseam.

Move on.
:sigh:

Why do you and Overboost do this? What makes you feel you have to silence people's opinions? This isn't a Ford corporate propaganda site. It has even lost its reputation as the "Mustang Source" since recent Mustang models still aren't updated.

Members (Ford buyers) have opinions about new Ford designs and want to express them respectfully. This is one of many venues for doing that. As they have with the '15 and even the new F150. Hopefully it matters to Ford Corporate to hear from their prospective buyers. We don't all agree with you two or what corporate wants to force down our throats.

Thank goodness enough members spoke up to get the fugly 10-12 diaper dropped.

Respectfully.
Old 2/25/14, 11:13 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im just tored of hearin "hurrdurr durr looks like a fusion." Thats gettin old already. Yes it does have the new Ford corporate style face but honestly it looks more like a pissed off taurus mated with the roidraging Evos than a lil fusion.

Thevack end to me looks good as is, however i would like to see what kind of diffuser variants there will be as well as front bumpers/grilles. Oh, and the spoiler options as well because im not sure how well a pedestal wing would look on the new design, and the double tail lip spoiler that weve seen could use some tweaks (ie. Slightly larger overall or a bit taller middle section)
Old 2/26/14, 06:30 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Why do you and Overboost do this? What makes you feel you have to silence people's opinions? .

Silencing Opinion would be deleting it. We are doing nothing of the sort.
Everyone has their right to complain or compliment.

There comes a point, however, where opinion becomes spam and whining.

You have your opinion on the subject, I have complaints.
Fair enough?

Respectfully.

Last edited by Boomer; 2/26/14 at 06:32 AM.
Old 2/26/14, 08:17 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
:sigh: Why do you and Overboost do this? What makes you feel you have to silence people's opinions? This isn't a Ford corporate propaganda site. It has even lost its reputation as the "Mustang Source" since recent Mustang models still aren't updated. Members (Ford buyers) have opinions about new Ford designs and want to express them respectfully. This is one of many venues for doing that. As they have with the '15 and even the new F150. Hopefully it matters to Ford Corporate to hear from their prospective buyers. We don't all agree with you two or what corporate wants to force down our throats. Thank goodness enough members spoke up to get the fugly 10-12 diaper dropped. Respectfully.
I agree. Leaving to work, not enough time to give my opinion. Probably a good thing :-)
Old 2/26/14, 08:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Im just tored of hearin "hurrdurr durr looks like a fusion." Thats gettin old already. Yes it does have the new Ford corporate style face but honestly it looks more like a pissed off taurus mated with the roidraging Evos than a lil fusion.

Thevack end to me looks good as is, however i would like to see what kind of diffuser variants there will be as well as front bumpers/grilles. Oh, and the spoiler options as well because im not sure how well a pedestal wing would look on the new design, and the double tail lip spoiler that weve seen could use some tweaks (ie. Slightly larger overall or a bit taller middle section)
But... i mean...people have to tell us continuously that it looks like a fusion! You know just in case we forget why people don't like it.

Seriously though I'm with you we get it, the people that don't like it are the ones that see a V8 fusion. Why even bother to post? You don't like it, you're not going to buy it. Go back to the 2011-14 subforum.
Old 2/26/14, 08:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Why do you and Overboost do this? What makes you feel you have to silence people's opinions? This isn't a Ford corporate propaganda site. It has even lost its reputation as the "Mustang Source" since recent Mustang models still aren't updated.

Members (Ford buyers) have opinions about new Ford designs and want to express them respectfully. This is one of many venues for doing that. As they have with the '15 and even the new F150. Hopefully it matters to Ford Corporate to hear from their prospective buyers. We don't all agree with you two or what corporate wants to force down our throats.

Thank goodness enough members spoke up to get the fugly 10-12 diaper dropped.

Respectfully.
Where is he silencing anyone?
Old 2/26/14, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It sounds to me like there's a bunch of Superchargers in the room, all I hear is Whine, Whine, Whine... I don't understand it either, You guys have let Your Opinion be know. "It LOOKS like a (Insert Car Model Here) and I DON'T LIKE IT!" "It LOOKS Like Euro-Trash" "FORD Ruined the Mustang" and On, and On, and On... MY OPINION IS... I LOVE IT!!! If I didn't I sure as hell wouldn't be wasting My Time "Beating a Dead Horse" in a Forum Dedicated to Something I Hate. All that does is Make You a Troll. You can Whine All You Want, but Guess What... It Ain't Gonna Change a D@MN Thing about the 2015-2018 Mustang. Will something You Don't Like Change on the 2019 Refresh? I'm sure it will, Just as I'm Sure there Will Be Another Bunch of Superchargers Whining about the Refresh. FORD has Designed and Built a BEAUTIFUL Car that Will Be a Hit and Compete with The Best of the Best but They Can Never Please Everyone. So Instead of Being a Bunch of Negative Nancies and Crying about How Much You HATE the 2015 Mustang Go Find the Mustang YOU DO LOVE and Focus On It Until 2019. Maybe You'll be Happy with It then, but Probably Not Because Ford Is NEVER Going to Completely Recreate the CLASSIC Mustangs of the 60' & 70's. If That is what You REALLY WANT, Save Up Your Money and Buy a Classic. Quit Trying to Ruin It for Those Who DO LIKE the 2015 Mustang.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 2/26/14 at 09:37 AM.
Old 2/26/14, 09:54 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
So basically love it, like it, or shut up!

That's very Camaro 5 of you

Give me a list of who you'd like to ban and I'll look into that for you
Old 2/26/14, 10:09 AM
I Have No Life

I don't think Shawn has enough time in the day to come up with that list.
I sense much sarcasm Mr. Gary

Quick Reply: EcoBoost engine photos!