V6

Questions about the V6 2015

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/15, 05:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time buyer/soon to be owner

Buying my first Mustang. Drove a fully loaded ecoboost at the dealer as they did not have a v6 in stock. They are looking for a local one to test drive now.
I decided on the V6 (with the manual tranny) as it is a tested powerplant and not sure the turbo on the EB will not have problems down the road - too new. Also I want a good 10 years or more out of this car and think the V6 will be the best choice for that.

Upgrades I am taing:
18 inch wheels
6 way power drivers seat
No Spoiler
3.55 diff
Security package
Spare kit

Probably black (but yellow is speaking to me)

Looking at 60 months, 0%

But.....
This will be an ordered car - when do they stop 2015 production and go into 2016?

I am told it is about 6 weeks for the order and I would like to be behind the wheel by mid June.

Also.... Would anyone by a v6 without a test drive? Having never had a stang before? I have looked at other segment cars - Hyundai Genesis, Subaru BRZ and the challenger. But I want the Mustang.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 4/22/15, 08:40 AM

I bought v6 as well and its is my first mustang. I have same thoughts on Eco Boost.

I have strange issue on cold start(dealership saying this is not at all issue initially but later they agree to resolve it) with V6 right now I'm working with dealership and ford to resolve this issue. Check this link for more details and updates
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-noise-536700/

Rest Of the car is really amazing. I can say go for it but make sure every thing before pull your car from dealership parking lot.

Originally Posted by Son of Growly
Buying my first Mustang. Drove a fully loaded ecoboost at the dealer as they did not have a v6 in stock. They are looking for a local one to test drive now.
I decided on the V6 (with the manual tranny) as it is a tested powerplant and not sure the turbo on the EB will not have problems down the road - too new. Also I want a good 10 years or more out of this car and think the V6 will be the best choice for that.

Upgrades I am taing:
18 inch wheels
6 way power drivers seat
No Spoiler
3.55 diff
Security package
Spare kit

Probably black (but yellow is speaking to me)

Looking at 60 months, 0%

But.....
This will be an ordered car - when do they stop 2015 production and go into 2016?

I am told it is about 6 weeks for the order and I would like to be behind the wheel by mid June.

Also.... Would anyone by a v6 without a test drive? Having never had a stang before? I have looked at other segment cars - Hyundai Genesis, Subaru BRZ and the challenger. But I want the Mustang.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 4/24/15, 03:52 PM
V6 Member

Thanks Venkat - I will definitely make sure everything is in order before I sign off.
But still..... After waiting 2 months it will be hard to wait any longer, chuckle.
Old 5/14/15, 11:16 PM

Anyone knows about the driveshaft on the new 2015 v6? Is it limited as the previous mustangs as far top speed?
I hear and have seen plenty of videos of it shattering at 130+ mph with the limiter removed. Was it improved on the 2015, and what is the limiter set to, on it?
Old 5/15/15, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The 2015 V6 has a new driveshaft for 2015. Its basically the same shaft the GT has. The V6 is still limited to 123mph, just need to get a tuner and remove it.
Old 5/15/15, 03:49 PM

That is great news! I know this puppy can do so much more... Before hitting red line on 3rd alone I got up to like 105mph. I feel like this car can definitely do 155 mph maybe even more...
Old 1/5/16, 04:21 PM

Question to you guys and really wanting your opinions. I have a 2016 Blue mustang v6 which I think is beautiful and love it in every way but the side of the car needs something. The gt has the 5.0 emblem on the fender which kinda breaks up the whole area and that looks good and I've seen some with the 3.7 emblem but not a big fan of it. I believe it needs a fender emblem of some kind and was considering getting the 1968 script mustang emblem but can't find them anymore that are stick on and don't really want to buy the pin on and have to go to the trouble of grinding off the pins on the back. Would consider putting the traditional pony emblem on with the red, white a blue bars but since it doesn't have those colors anywhere else in the bars on the car was reluctant to go with that. Was thinking about putting the powered by for emblem on it or was looking for other suggestions. Let me know what you guys think

Old 1/5/16, 06:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by slinky
Question to you guys and really wanting your opinions. I have a 2016 Blue mustang v6 which I think is beautiful and love it in every way but the side of the car needs something. The gt has the 5.0 emblem on the fender which kinda breaks up the whole area and that looks good and I've seen some with the 3.7 emblem but not a big fan of it. I believe it needs a fender emblem of some kind and was considering getting the 1968 script mustang emblem but can't find them anymore that are stick on and don't really want to buy the pin on and have to go to the trouble of grinding off the pins on the back. Would consider putting the traditional pony emblem on with the red, white a blue bars but since it doesn't have those colors anywhere else in the bars on the car was reluctant to go with that. Was thinking about putting the powered by for emblem on it or was looking for other suggestions. Let me know what you guys think
What don't you like about the 3.7 emblem?
Old 1/8/16, 07:34 AM
GT Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hmmm.. so you don't like any of the available options except one but you can't be bothered to work it a little to make it fit the way you want... First World Problem...
Old 1/8/16, 07:53 AM

Kona, I decided on the PBF emblem and should be here today so I can put it on the car. I just wanted something more stock and OEM than the 3.7 emblem. I think they look good and I had a 2000 mustang v6 convertible that I put a 3.8 emblem but just wanted to go a different route this time with my new car.

Carl, saying that what I was discussing was "First World Problems" is sort of missing the whole point of a discussion board like this. I realize this isn't a discussion board about curing cancer or building homes for the homeless but if that is the kind of discussion board you are looking for maybe you should go add input there or simply be quiet.
Old 1/8/16, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I would've done the tribar ponies. I actually have a set for my own car, just deciding if I want them on or not. I also have a Boss grille and V6 deck lid with the tribar. I prefer that look to the 5.0s
Old 1/8/16, 04:09 PM

I was going to get the tribar ponies with the red, white, and blue and almost ordered but since it already had ponies in the center caps and the tribar on the rear that specifically didn't have the red, white, and blue in it I decided against it because it wouldn't match. The PBF emblem came in today and they are the original Ford emblems and since there isn't a Ford emblem anywhere on the outside of the car I figure it will do the job of breaking up the great blue sea on the side of the car. When I get it on there I will post a pic but since it's going to be snowing and about 20 degrees here tomorrow I think it will wait a bit.
Old 1/8/16, 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by slinky
I was going to get the tribar ponies with the red, white, and blue and almost ordered but since it already had ponies in the center caps and the tribar on the rear that specifically didn't have the red, white, and blue in it I decided against it because it wouldn't match. The PBF emblem came in today and they are the original Ford emblems and since there isn't a Ford emblem anywhere on the outside of the car I figure it will do the job of breaking up the great blue sea on the side of the car. When I get it on there I will post a pic but since it's going to be snowing and about 20 degrees here tomorrow I think it will wait a bit.
I am still a fan of the PBF emblems too. Can't wait to see them!
Old 5/30/16, 08:25 PM

2015 Mustang

I have a 2015 V6 with an automatic. The independent suspension works great. No problems. The engine works great. No problems. Plenty of power and great mileage. The dash does creak. At first, I thought I was being hit by stones, but later I realized it was the dash. The transmission is horrible. If you want to drive like a 90 year old nun, it is fine, but if presume you bought a Mustang because you you like to drive in a spirited manner from time to time. With the automatic, forget it. There are so many pauses and hesitations in it, you might be faster if you get out of the car and run. And if you want to avoid embarrassment, do not get suckered into a drag race with any other model sports car. The first second or two is just dead air.

Originally Posted by canadian.bacon
Hi,
I am about to pull the trigger on a '15 V6 vert, automatic.
I have a few questions:
1) I know it has a new independent rear suspension, would this still the squeaks from the LCA? Since they had so many issues with that, I wonder if they changed the front as well?
2) I read that the M82 is a solid tranny, designed by ZF, I think it is the same in the earlier years too. Is it a solid transmission? Last time I had a Ford I changed 3 before 200.000km...
3) The 3.7, is it the same the one in the trucks? Is it a solid engine?
4) I have been reading about rattles in the dashboard, are the true in this day and age?

I intend to keep the car for 5-6 years. I will no mod it or track it. It will be a DD.

Thanks.
Old 6/3/16, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by MikeInMustang
I have a 2015 V6 with an automatic. The independent suspension works great. No problems. The engine works great. No problems. Plenty of power and great mileage. The dash does creak. At first, I thought I was being hit by stones, but later I realized it was the dash. The transmission is horrible. If you want to drive like a 90 year old nun, it is fine, but if presume you bought a Mustang because you you like to drive in a spirited manner from time to time. With the automatic, forget it. There are so many pauses and hesitations in it, you might be faster if you get out of the car and run. And if you want to avoid embarrassment, do not get suckered into a drag race with any other model sports car. The first second or two is just dead air.
you try putting the transmission is sport?...like a totally different car
Old 6/3/16, 09:55 PM

Yes. It does accelerate better in sport, but I don't like the engine drag. Also, one time, it downshifted a couple gears unexpectedly. That was a bit of a shock.
Old 6/4/16, 07:41 AM

Tried using the paddle shifters while in sport? That way you'll have complete control of which gear you are in at all times
Old 6/4/16, 06:22 PM

Yes. Don't like it. I would prefer to remove the paddle shifters. If I had wanted to shift, I would have purchased a manual transmission. What I really need is a Camaro transmission in my Mustang.
Old 6/5/16, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeInMustang
Yes. Don't like it. I would prefer to remove the paddle shifters. If I had wanted to shift, I would have purchased a manual transmission. What I really need is a Camaro transmission in my Mustang.
Get a tune for it. Things like throttle responsivness, shift points, shift firmness, ect. can all be adjusted by the tune. Night and day difference, especially for an automatic.
Old 6/26/17, 08:45 AM

I have a 2107 V6 Manual transmission that seems to keep the revs up too high when shifting. Is this normal does anyone else experience this?

Thanks

Last edited by Motoman01; 6/27/17 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Questions about the V6 2015