Notices
2011 - 2014 GT/CS Special Section for the California Special owners.

Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/14, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered my gt500s from late model resto today and even though they are out of stock they list them to be delivered a week from today, which is perfect because it's one of my off days so I can throw it on right there $280 and free shipping is a steal for the sound/reviews I've seen and heard online
Old 7/16/14, 04:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
You have a jack and jack stands? It's supposedly VERY easy to swap the axlebacks, could have a neighborhood kid come over to help?
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Extremely easy, unless you don't like being on your back
Haha I went to install these last night and it started raining mid way through, and it's not exactly as simple as I would have thought... I probably didn't have the car up high enough, but it was very difficult even with the int pipe disconnected to have enough space to get the stockers out of the brackets... I ended up only getting one connected, so I have one stock muffler and one gt500 muffler until tonight after work haha I should have waited til my day off but I was too anxious. It sounds awesome with one gt500 muffler though, let alone 2! Can't wait to finish it up but it really sounds like a mustang now
Old 7/16/14, 05:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by barebone- 5.0
Lucky you, I just hit my monthly bonus at work so I will be ordering tonight

Glad you got them. I love the sound of mine.

I'm too old (and rotund) to be crawling under a car. There's only two good reasons to be on my back. Sleeping is one of them. I paid a mechanic $100 and had the car back three hours later.

Let us know when when you're up and running.

Tom
Old 7/16/14, 12:52 PM
GT Member

Driving to work with one stock muffler and one gt500 was already pretty great, I can only imagine with it coming out both pipes haha. Sounds perfect to me, swapping out the second muffler tonight... Which will be a lot easier without it raining and being dark haha that's blue oval dedication right there lol
Old 7/17/14, 07:42 AM
GT Member

Scratch that, having them both on is ten times better. What a difference!!

The gt500s are the perfect blend for a daily driver:
slightly louder and more wobbly idle
much louder cold start
Much throatier and louder on throttle
Just loud enough but not obnoxious at full throttle
Awesome burbles on decel and downshifts
Completely silent at almost any cruising speed in 6th
Easy swap on jack stands so long as you move the midpipe haha, completely oem look and fit and finish. Not much difference in size and weight, just the tips... Which I wish were walled tips but hey they don't look bad at all. Wouldn't mind some big borla looking tips but for $280 shipped and installed I cannot complain. This is how it should have came from the factory with the track package. I actually might want to add an x pipe to add volume because with the windows up it's actually pretty tame... Definitely a noticeable difference outside the car and at any point at WOT. Sounds like a pure sports car now. Late model resto was awesome and dealt with my issues very well, had a credit card get canceled for fraudulent charges and they handles it with pure class and got everything shipped as expected. For $280 I can't think of a better mod for the mustang
Old 7/17/14, 07:56 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

much louder cold start
Easy swap on jack stands so long as you move the midpipe haha, completely oem look and fit and finish. Not much difference in size and weight, just the tips... Which I wish were walled tips but hey they don't look bad at all. Wouldn't mind some big borla looking tips but for $280 shipped and installed I cannot complain. This is how it should have came from the factory with the track package. I actually might want to add an x pipe to add volume because with the windows up it's actually pretty tame... Definitely a noticeable difference outside the car and at any point at WOT. Sounds like a pure sports car now. Late model resto was awesome and dealt with my issues very well, had a credit card get canceled for fraudulent charges and they handles it with pure class and got everything shipped as expected. For $280 I can't think of a better mod for the mustang
Glad you're squared away and happy. If you recall, I think I got the last set in stock when you ordered yours, so I had a week's jump on you. Mine were installed last Tuesday. I haven't had the stereo on while driving since.

Your impressions are dead-on. I have a 'Vert, so the only thing I'll add is how great they sound with the top-down. On a late, quiet nite driving on the highway with no other traffic I can hear (and prefer) the drone that so many folks don't like. It's almost hypnotic.

And I love the stares and sudden head-turns as I'm driving through town in 2nd gear.

Tom
Old 7/17/14, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Haha that's awesome! I can't lie, I did think to myself while driving how awesome it would be to have a vert top down with this system.

In just love this because I had cat backs on my last two cars (2006 zx4 st and 2013 focus st) and they both droned at cruising speeds, specifically at certain rpms and though I was used to it, I would prefer it to not be there. I love that it's not a whole lot of modification, just a muffler swap. Just enough difference. Now the next decision haha which to do first window tint or short shifter lol
Old 7/19/14, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

much louder cold start
Imagine how it sounds with no resonators!