Notices
2011 - 2014 GT/CS Special Section for the California Special owners.

Deployment 2014 Black GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/13, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deployment 2014 Black GT/CS

Hello all, Ive been lurking the forums for a good while now and finally decided on a vehicle to buy while im over here on deployment (USMC). Black CS, comfort package. Should be picking it up in june very excited! How is the stock exhaust in the CS?
Attached Images  
Old 4/28/13, 05:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the same as the one on the regular GT. Good choice on the new ride. Make it home safe. After I leave and come back I'm hoping to make some "improvements" on my GT/TP. Semper Fi from an old Army Infantry NCO.
Old 4/28/13, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
It's the same as the one on the regular GT. Good choice on the new ride. Make it home safe. After I leave and come back I'm hoping to make some "improvements" on my GT/TP. Semper Fi from an old Army Infantry NCO.
What is the same as the one on the regular GT?
I got it for 31, 500, Is that a decent deal? I had to do alot of talking

Its the GT premium CS, with the comfort package, and everything that is included in the premium package. My first thing I want to do is Tint, exhaust (if necessary), external hard drive on the Sync (saw this in the forums) CAI (if necessary)

-Sorry about spelling, Im a killer not a scholar

Last edited by adamxbomb; 4/28/13 at 05:33 AM.
Old 5/1/13, 06:15 PM

The stock exhaust is weak on these cars. The best set up I have heard on the 5.0L is the 11-12 GT500 Shelby mufflers and if you want to kick it up a notch do the cat deletes and if you really want it louder remove the resonators too. I DD my 13GT/CS so I left the resonators on and its just right.

Congrats on the car and come home safe!
Old 5/1/13, 07:11 PM

I have borla s types on mine they are perfect! Did you ask the dealer to order you another one since they installed the front license plate!!
Old 5/2/13, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by GT/CS 2013
I have borla s types on mine they are perfect! Did you ask the dealer to order you another one since they installed the front license plate!!
Requirement for base vehicles, Im gunna have to deal with it :/

Im going to be adding an axel back exhaust once I can afford it. But cuttin the cats are def. not going to fly in california, at least as far as I understand their laws, is that correct?

Last edited by adamxbomb; 5/2/13 at 12:32 AM.
Old 5/2/13, 03:21 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Great looking car, congratulations!

I'd go for the Borla S-Types.........

Old 5/3/13, 02:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adamxbomb
Im going to be adding an axel back exhaust once I can afford it. But cuttin the cats are def. not going to fly in california, at least as far as I understand their laws, is that correct?
Pretty much, welcome to California. :/
Old 5/3/13, 04:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just go borla. You will never ever regret it. Trust us haha
Old 5/4/13, 11:02 AM

I listened to that video for the borla, and i instantly fell in love, but for a service memeber who get paid like crap, is there a cheaper place to purchase it? I understand you get what you pay for but, dang, 800bux??
Old 5/4/13, 06:49 PM

Summit 659
Old 5/5/13, 01:24 AM

Im going to have to start saving, thank you! How does the warrenty like the new exhaust? Im trying not to void my warrenty at all costs!!
Old 5/5/13, 03:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Im going to have to start saving, thank you! How does the warrenty like the new exhaust? Im trying not to void my warrenty at all costs!!
An axel-back should not have an effect. It plays no altering roles besides sound afaik.
Old 5/5/13, 01:04 PM

Everybody,

I need as much advice as i can possibly gather here so i can come up with a proper conclusion. Would my GT/CS look good with racing stripes, 1, 2, which color? Also I plan on doing this (as long as yall think its a good idea) with Plasti Dip, now before yall yell at me, Ive done quite a bit of looking arround and im seeing quite a bit of good things about this product, what is yall's honest oponion? I cant find to many GT/CS black with racing stripes, so either its a terrible idea, or Im the first one to come up with it, and apply it looking forward to your replies!

-Adam
Old 5/5/13, 03:39 PM

Everybody,

I need as much advice as i can possibly gather here so i can come up with a proper conclusion. Would my GT/CS look good with racing stripes, 1, 2, which color? Also I plan on doing this (as long as yall think its a good idea) with Plasti Dip, now before yall yell at me, Ive done quite a bit of looking arround and im seeing quite a bit of good things about this product, what is yall's honest oponion? I cant find to many GT/CS black with racing stripes, so either its a terrible idea, or Im the first one to come up with it, and apply it looking forward to your replies!

-Adam
Just did some work with plasti dip on some wheels and found that you can not make fine lines with it, such as stripes, without it lifting when you pull the masking tape. It needs a natural break or seam to accomplish this, and thats why people do entire parts and not just bits and pieces.

Are you saying you want to add more stripes to your CS? On a black car it may be different than a white but theres already enough going on with stripes on mine and it would look cluttered to add more. If you removed the factory striping and were looking to add another set of different stripes then it would look good. Super snake stripes? Grabber blue and matte black look good on gloss black.

Check out bigwormgraphix.com for some stripe kits, they are local and have sone some amazing work here in DFW. Stripe kits peel right off if you don't like them...
Old 5/5/13, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by GT/CS 2013
Originally Posted by PLASMAN
Just did some work with plasti dip on some wheels and found that you can not make fine lines with it, such as stripes, without it lifting when you pull the masking tape. It needs a natural break or seam to accomplish this, and thats why people do entire parts and not just bits and pieces.

Are you saying you want to add more stripes to your CS? On a black car it may be different than a white but theres already enough going on with stripes on mine and it would look cluttered to add more. If you removed the factory striping and were looking to add another set of different stripes then it would look good. Super snake stripes? Grabber blue and matte black look good on gloss black.

Check out bigwormgraphix.com for some stripe kits, they are local and have sone some amazing work here in DFW. Stripe kits peel right off if you don't like them...
You watched the videos on youtube, where you have to do it as the Dip is still wet, or did you let it dry and then pull the tape?
Honestlly I just like the way the racing stripes look on the mustang and attempting to do them when the hood stripes are already on the car. Not a good idea?

Ill check it out when i get off work, deployment computers block almost every webpage, except this forum....-merica...

Also, Dad told me he test drove the car yesterday, and left blackies for 2 car legnths , aahhhhhh cant wait to pick this car up, Im going to be starting a log on fuel economy and what not because i will be driving this vehicle from SD all the way down to SoCal where I am stationed, about 1600 miles. Ill let you know how the 2014 does!

Last edited by adamxbomb; 5/5/13 at 10:21 PM. Reason: adds
Old 5/19/13, 07:41 PM
GT Member

Everybody,

-Adam

I prefer the clean look of a Black or White GT/CS. I personally do not like stripes but each to his own.

That being said, stay away from Plastidip! I don't have a Mustang currently, instead I have a 2011 BMW 328 which I am trading in soon for a fully loaded 2013 GT C/S. I had plastidipped part of my Bimmer and it did not turn out that great. It got extremely dirty and started coming off less than a month. However, my friend with a WRX STi dipped his white STi in black and it came out great and it stuck on for almost a year, so YMMV....