Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

what would it take to achieve this?

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/13, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
what would it take to achieve this?

The pics below are NOT my car, I am wanting to know what it would take to achieve this look for my 2013 Mustang GT?

What I'm talking about is, the drop, the wheel and tire specs?

Anyone have a similar setup? I have a D.I.B. 5.0, i was originally just gonna go with 19" flat black wheels and a 1.5" drop in front and back but after seeing this cobra, i was torn on what i really want to do!

So reading up, i found this info, but still need to know what DROP i would need.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I found this on another site,.....The tires in the photoshoot are 255/30/20 and 295/30/20. These were picked by the owner based on the suspension setup.
You can go up to 275/35/20 and 305/35/20 on these wheels without issues. Michelin, Nitto, and Pirelli all make 305/35/20's.
Your best bet is to email,....
Paul@HoweyIndustries.com
https://themustangsource.com/f802/le...1/#post6652996

Last edited by DeeJayTJ; 10/2/13 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10/2/13, 02:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that drop is perfect and those wheels are wonderful!
Old 10/2/13, 03:00 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet! Thats South Florida, Hiatus Road! Im very close, within 5 mins from this location.
I will keep an eye out for this guy.
Nice drop!
Old 10/2/13, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

i dont think you guys have read anything that im asking LOL
Old 10/2/13, 03:03 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
too low. the wheel arc doesn't match the tires. ghetto ride.
Old 10/2/13, 05:29 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
i dont think you guys have read anything that im asking LOL
I know. the answer is money traded for coilovers and supporting mods mixed with wheels and tires.
Old 10/2/13, 06:17 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

I know. the answer is money traded for coilovers and supporting mods mixed with wheels and tires.
Definitely coilovers. Maybe wheel spacers.

Last edited by CVH; 10/2/13 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10/2/13, 09:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How will you be driving the car? Do you just want to sit pretty or would you be driving aggressively or on a road course.
Old 10/2/13, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Wheels are $1800
Tired (depending on brand) around $1000
Suspension, I think a standard drop would be good. So about 1.5 drop in the rear plus other associate parts....$1000-$1200

***I've been eyeballing and pricing out the same setup.

Last edited by XEDES; 10/2/13 at 10:30 PM.
Old 10/3/13, 08:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
How will you be driving the car? Do you just want to sit pretty or would you be driving aggressively or on a road course.
sit pretty is fine.

the 2013 is not my daily driver, it spends a lot of time in my garage and out on the weekends - although im daily driving it right now until I replace all 4 tires on my truck...

my 2001 Bullitt Mustang is gonna be my loud aggressive road course/track/whatever i want type of car. Currently undergoing an engine rebuild and stroker kit and stage 2 cams. And then I have a turbocharged f150 that is also driven the way it should be (which is the truck that needs new tires)

so the 5.0 is really just my new "pretty car"
Old 10/3/13, 08:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i'll be not much of help.. bt wantd to say you have a good collection of rides...
Old 10/3/13, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
i'll be not much of help.. bt wantd to say you have a good collection of rides...
thanks, but its only because im 28 and single, btw im also in houston, do you ever go to cars and coffee?

after my most recent breakup (4 months ago) i learned that i better get all my cars modded and where i want them to be before another high maintenance girlfriend. hopefully no more high maintenance gf's tho, too much stress.

my cars are old but very well taken care of.
Old 10/3/13, 12:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ yes i do... but not this month i'll be at mustangfest

I m doing road trip to mustang island starting tmrw 7:45am... its gonna be a long 4 hr dr.... whch part of town r u from.

sorry to hear abt the breakup.. but for evey sunset there wll be a beautiful sunrise.. so hang n there
Old 10/3/13, 02:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If you just want to sit pretty then I would just do springs, coilovers are going to run more, yeah you can get exactly the drop you won't but you also will be paying for something you won't be using. That being said the drop with just springs will probably harshen your ride and also will wear out your shocks quicker.
Old 10/3/13, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
If you just want to sit pretty then I would just do springs, coilovers are going to run more, yeah you can get exactly the drop you won't but you also will be paying for something you won't be using. That being said the drop with just springs will probably harshen your ride and also will wear out your shocks quicker.
After looking into coilovers, i actually like the idea of them better than springs.

If i go with springs, i believe it would need a 1.5" drop all around.

@CiniZter - lol i appreciate it, but its much better this way, this person was doing more damage to me than good.

I live on the northside in the spring/woodlands area. (off of rayford rd actually) how about u?
Old 10/15/13, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
After looking into coilovers, i actually like the idea of them better than springs.

If i go with springs, i believe it would need a 1.5" drop all around.

@CiniZter - lol i appreciate it, but its much better this way, this person was doing more damage to me than good.

I live on the northside in the spring/woodlands area. (off of rayford rd actually) how about u?
Coilovers will give you a lot of possibilities as far as settings go. That'd be my choice... especially if you're going for such a low drop.

Spring/Woodlans area? I'm down here in the Upper Kirby area near the Galleria. I won't be at cars and coffee though for November, I'll be offshore... should be here for December!
Old 10/15/13, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that's definitely a coilover drop ... or maybe air suspension. Either way, here's a list of what you will probably need to do that drop correctly and still be able to drive the car:

Coilovers
Camber Kit
Adj. Panhard Rod (preferably with relocation brackets too)
Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets
Adj. Rear Upper Control Arm

All in, about $2,500 in suspension plus install & alignment. Probably another $3,000 in wheels & tires.

Then you have something nobody addressed yet -- the rest of the exterior mods. GT500 wing, bumper, splitter, rear valance, and stripes, the mudflaps, plus paint and install on the whole thing will probably run you another $3,000.

So all told, probably about $9k in parts & install, if you don't count the Brembos.
Old 10/17/13, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Coilovers = Yes, the stance you want will likely require the high adjustability via the threaded body of most coil over kits.
Camber Kit = Not unless you buy a cheap coil over kit that doesn't come with camber adj. top hats.
Adj. Panhard Rod (preferably with relocation brackets too) = Probably not, but a good idea to "Do it right" from a suspension/handling perspective.
Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets = No...but again probably a good idea.
Adj. Rear Upper Control Arm = No...aftermarket ball joints w/extended shaft would do the trick...control arms with these ball joint is even better.

Wheels = Wheel width & offset will be a big factor in the look as well. That might be the hardest thing to duplicate if you cant find that information out somehow.

Hope that helps.
Old 10/17/13, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ConeBoss
Coilovers = Yes, the stance you want will likely require the high adjustability via the threaded body of most coil over kits.
Camber Kit = Not unless you buy a cheap coil over kit that doesn't come with camber adj. top hats.
Adj. Panhard Rod (preferably with relocation brackets too) = Probably not, but a good idea to "Do it right" from a suspension/handling perspective.
Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets = No...but again probably a good idea.
Adj. Rear Upper Control Arm = No...aftermarket ball joints w/extended shaft would do the trick...control arms with these ball joint is even better.

Wheels = Wheel width & offset will be a big factor in the look as well. That might be the hardest thing to duplicate if you cant find that information out somehow.

Hope that helps.
So a 2+ inch drop doesn't need to have the pinion angle corrected.
Old 10/18/13, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ConeBoss

Hope that helps.
Well like I said, that's what he would need to do it correctly and still be able to drive the car well. I'm sure he could half-*** it and get the look, but I figured I'd go all out there.

I don't see how the ball joints would do the same thing. For starters, the ball joints are for the front, not the rear. There are no ball joints in a 3-link setup.

Quick Reply: what would it take to achieve this?