Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Track Pack Spring Rates

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/12, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Track Pack Spring Rates

Now, I've seen the Brembo Package spring rates posted plenty. However, the Track Pack has become available since most of that info has gone around. Can anyone confirm if the Track Pack springs are identical to those used on the Brembo Brake only cars? I haven't seen the TP specifically mentioned only references to the Brembos.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same, then again, I almost expect them to be tweaked some too. There is some suggestion, in a thread further down, that the Track Pack cars *appear* to sit lower in the rear which would suggest a spring change.

Thanks,
Morgan
Old 6/7/12, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can tell you that 90% of the posting of Brembo springs are wrong. The original ad copy people posted the wrong values and everybody has endlessly repeated it.
Old 6/11/12, 09:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
I can tell you that 90% of the posting of Brembo springs are wrong. The original ad copy people posted the wrong values and everybody has endlessly repeated it.

I don't know about the track pack yet, however, the correct spring rate for Brembo Mustangs (2011-2012) are:

Front: 131 lbs
Rear: 167 lbs

These rates have been tested by me and verified from factory Ford Blueprints used to develop my rear 55D Spring kit.
Old 6/12/12, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry that is wrong.
Old 6/12/12, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry that is wrong.
If so, then what are they?
Old 6/12/12, 10:17 PM
V6 Member

Sorry that is wrong.
I'm not wrong. If you think you know, please share with us your numbers and it's source?

Last edited by Bucephalus; 6/13/12 at 09:20 AM.
Old 6/15/12, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Spring.......... ……..F Type...... F Rate ...R Type ......R Rate

OEM:

GT ................................L ...............165............L................... .142*
05-09

GT Vert..........................L ...............144................L...............122*
05-09

GT500 ............................L ..............190.............L...................166*
07-09

GT/V6 .............................L ..............154.............L...................122****
07-09

GT/GT Vert Brembo ...........L .............167.............L...................131***
2011-12

Boss 302………………………………L…………….186……………..L……………………..148** *

Boss 302LS…………………………L…………….191……………..L……………………..137***

Aftermarket:

H&R Supersport.................P. ............?-275 ...........P ................?-245****

Steeda Ultralights ……………..L ...............195 ............L ...................175**/***

Steeda Sport ...................L ...............200 .............L ...................175**/***

Steeda Comp ..................L ...............225 .............L ...................185**/***

FFRP K Springs* .............P ............173-239 .........P ..............195-236*

Ebach Pro* ....................P ............173-239 .........P ..............195-236***

Ebach Sportline ..............L .........Way Too Stiff, FOR RACE USE ONLY!!

BMR (pn SP009) .............P ..........165……............ L ..................160***

*- tested and confirmed by self
**- tested and confirmed by someone else (could be suspect)
***-manufacturer published numbers
****-picked up off of web (could be suspect)
Old 6/23/12, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

I see you listed a bunch of other spring rates that having nothing to do with the BREMBO SPRING RATES we were discussing, other then 1 which are the same numbers I already told you there were, of which you said I was wrong.

SO I GUESS THIS MEANS THAT YOU FINALLY SEE THAT MY NUMBERS ARE RIGHT AFTER ALL?

Here is my Ford Blueprint Info that comes from Ford directly:

The Brembo is 29.2 N/mm Rates ( SGR GREEN SPRING on CHART)

Newton is a unit of force.

lb/in is a an english unit of spring rate.

If you mean Newtons per milimeter (metric units springrate) then the conversion is as follows:

1 N/mm = 5.710146 lb/in

Therefore 29.2 N/mm = 167 ft/lbs.

Case closed.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but making a "statement" should be a verified fact, so that others who do not know are given the truth to work with.

Last edited by Bucephalus; 6/23/12 at 05:10 PM.
Old 6/24/12, 12:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bucephalus
I see you listed a bunch of other spring rates that having nothing to do with the BREMBO SPRING RATES we were discussing, other then 1 which are the same numbers I already told you there were, of which you said I was wrong.

If you mean Newtons per milimeter (metric units springrate) then the conversion is as follows:

1 N/mm = 5.710146 lb/in

Case closed. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but making a "statement" should be a verified fact, so that others who do not know are given the truth to work with.
Somebody was just schooled
Old 6/24/12, 03:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Would Steeda Competition Springs be "overkill" on a daily driver that sees high speed highway use?
Old 9/25/12, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 N/mm = 5.710146 lb/in

Case closed. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but making a "statement" should be a verified fact, so that others who do not know are given the truth to work with.

I can say the chart is correct, at least for my car (2012 GT w/ 19" prem wheels, non brembo). I checked the rear spring part tag, and it is Tan, SDR, with numbers matching the chart.

That a given, now, I too am in a state of spring question. I bascially love the ride of my car, but hate how much it pitches (nose up/dive...rear squat). It's also a bit jumpy when thrown into a tight curve on a bumpy road. When I test drove brembo cars, I thought the ride was jiggly, and did not want that. I'd be ok with a 1" drop, but would only want a minor sacrifice in ride quality.

I'm lookng into new springs and shocks/struts now. . . ...but am nervous about a change.

TT
Old 9/25/12, 02:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I'm highly interested in lowering at least the rear of my high-riding 'stang, and the 55D kit sounds like what I'd want ...

Anybody on here have pics and more reviews on it other than what I can find on their site?
Old 9/25/12, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

My question is.

which rates are front which are rear.. I think thats the confusion.

908s info says the fronts are 167 ft lbs
Your post says the rears are.

I cant tell by your chart. I only see one chart. so I dont know what the other one says.
Old 9/26/12, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ordie
My question is.

I cant tell by your chart. I only see one chart. so I dont know what the other one says.
I think 908s chart is just captioned backwards, that's all.
Old 9/26/12, 07:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ordie
My question is.

Actually the problem with 908s post is he says the rears are 131lbs. He is wrong. My Ford Spring chart posted shows the rear rates only and the Brembo Cars use a 167lbs rate. I have verified this rate several times in the creation of the 55D Rear Spring Kit I made for Our Mustangs.

Last edited by Bucephalus; 9/26/12 at 07:13 PM.
Old 9/27/12, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Actually the problem with 908s post is he says the rears are 131lbs. He is wrong. My Ford Spring chart posted shows the rear rates only and the Brembo Cars use a 167lbs rate. I have verified this rate several times in the creation of the 55D Rear Spring Kit I made for Our Mustangs.

Yea thats the confusing part to most I think. The list he has says the fronts are 167. Now I remember old school cars spring rates were higher for the front than the rear.

Im just pointing out where the confusion to most is now that the rear springs are higher rated than the fronts.

Last edited by Ordie; 9/27/12 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10/1/12, 03:37 PM
GT Member

1 N/mm = 5.710146 lb/in

Old 12/9/12, 06:30 AM

Verification...

I also tend to trust Ford Engineering data and Ford Engineering in general. I happen to have a spring off my 11' Brembo car that didn't show on your (Fords) data sheet. It's the front springs. My tags read: Tan, SEF BR33-5310-EA. Does this show on anything you have or seen. Curious if Ford may have grabbed something else out of the parts bin to keep the line going that was a suitable alternate. TIA Russ

1 N/mm = 5.710146 lb/in

Case closed.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but making a "statement" should be a verified fact, so that others who do not know are given the truth to work with.
Old 12/9/12, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't suppose you have time to send it to me so I can actually measure the spring rate?
Old 12/9/12, 10:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

This argument has been beat to death on this forum and others.

Some say stiffer springs came in the rear. Others in front.

Quick Reply: Track Pack Spring Rates