Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Suspension install tips?

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/13, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, for the last few weeks ive been looking up threads about certain setups for my suspension in my 13 gt/cs. I was hoping you may be able to give me any tips or tricks that made it easier for you.

I purchased an eibach pro kit locally for $140.00 (it was used for 3k then guy traded car in) i purchased for Koni STR.T's from auto anything for $309.00. I still have to purchase GT500 strut mounts from tousley ford for $85.00 and also an adjustable panhard bar, more than likely BMR.

I was just curious if flipping the GT500 strut mounts, facing the arrow in toward motor really helps with camber.

Also curious about bump/jounce stops, i know nothing about these, but found the FRPP ones on tousley for 19.00. Does anyone know if Koni oranges include the top strut nut or if that will be reused? Wasn't sure if i needed any new hardware for anything.

Im not sure how much this setup will affect my pinion angle, but do plan on an adj UCA in the future.

I also have no experience with "rubber isolators". The springs came with a rubber sleeve but im not sure if thats what they mean. My ultimate goal is just to not have any squeeks or creeks

If anyone here has any experience they'd like to share i would be very greatful. I read alot of threads with "i wish i would have known" scenarios. Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!
Old 9/1/13, 07:16 PM
GT Member

Bump :/
Old 9/3/13, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa

Also curious about bump/jounce stops, i know nothing about these, but found the FRPP ones on tousley for 19.00. Does anyone know if Koni oranges include the top strut nut or if that will be reused? Wasn't sure if i needed any new hardware for anything.

I also have no experience with "rubber isolators". The springs came with a rubber sleeve but im not sure if thats what they mean. My ultimate goal is just to not have any squeeks or creeks. I transferred from the stock springs to the Steedas I used.

If anyone here has any experience they'd like to share i would be very greatful. I read alot of threads with "i wish i would have known" scenarios. Any tips are greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!
Don't know on the flipping of the strut mounts. I used MM camber plates.
Bump stops, I used my stock fronts and transferred them to my Koni STRts, and just sawed the top **** off the back ones. My Koni oranges did include a top nut. The rubber spring isolators are the little rubber sleeve things that cover the bottom two or three coils of the spring. They go between the spring and the actual strut to keep from squeaking.

Use a little blue loctite on your adjustable panhard bar. Mine kept coming loose at the adjustment nuts and making a rattle in the back.
Old 9/5/13, 03:10 PM
GT Member

Thank you sir! That helps out a ton! I sure appreciate the reply
Old 9/6/13, 08:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa
Hey guys, for the last few weeks ive been looking up threads about certain setups for my suspension in my 13 gt/cs. I was hoping you may be able to give me any tips or tricks that made it easier for you.

I purchased an eibach pro kit locally for $140.00 (it was used for 3k then guy traded car in) i purchased for Koni STR.T's from auto anything for $309.00. I still have to purchase GT500 strut mounts from tousley ford for $85.00 and also an adjustable panhard bar, more than likely BMR.

I was just curious if flipping the GT500 strut mounts, facing the arrow in toward motor really helps with camber.

Im not sure how much this setup will affect my pinion angle, but do plan on an adj UCA in the future.

I also have no experience with "rubber isolators". The springs came with a rubber sleeve but im not sure if thats what they mean. My ultimate goal is just to not have any squeeks or creeks

- I had the GT500 mounts before, but didn't try flipping them. I ended up going with the Steeda HD Adj ones when I installed the Koni Yellows. Even with only a 1" drop the wheels were out of alignment until I got the adjustable mounts. Should of just went with them from the beginning.

- I eventually went with the FRPP bump stops. I noticed the rear bottoming out on the uncut OEM bump stops with the FRPP 'P' springs & OEM shocks/struts I had prior to installing the Koni Yellows & FRPP stops. They do not bottom out now, but I'm not sure which part stopped that.

- If you have the stock DS I don't think you have to worry too much about pinion angle.

- I know the suspension has rubber pieces that go between the coils and the mounts or body of the car, depending on which you are working with. You'll see how it all goes together when you take the factory stuff apart.

Buy / rent a good torque wrench and a coil spring compressor. Also get some thread lock and printout a list of all the Torque Specs prior to tackling the job.