Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Questions about lowering/coils

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/13, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about lowering/coils

Eventually will definitely get coils but was thinking in the meantime getting springs ? Anyone think that might be a bad idea for any reason? Or am I just being impatient and should wait....
Old 4/10/13, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by bgw4
Eventually will definitely get coils but was thinking in the meantime getting springs ? Anyone think that might be a bad idea for any reason? Or am I just being impatient and should wait....
I wouldn't find spending 170-260 impatient since a full coil over setup runs about 1600 or so.
Old 4/10/13, 08:23 PM

That's what I was thinking but couple friends were making me second guess myself they disagree... And I never really done suspension before so what brands should I be looking for and what to stay away from
Old 4/11/13, 12:10 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
What did they disagree on? Just forking over a coupla bills for something your going to swap out down the road anyway?

I know for simplicity's sake going with a set of springs is arguably the best way to go over the long term since they will cause the least amount of hassle, especially if the camber is sitting about where you like it (toe is more critical when it comes to tire wear so a little more negative camber isn't an issue due to the drop in ride height).

Coil-overs are nice but the more adjustable items you put on your car there is more stuff that can go out of adjustment. Not a big deal if its a weekend car but if your talking daily driver then its a whole different ball of wax.

I don't have direct experience with a coil over S-197 but if they are anything like my buddy's coil over terminator (albeit setup for drag racing), I wasn't terribly impressed and the car was down right scary going down the road at speeds over 130 or so.
Old 4/12/13, 06:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I would just go with the FRPP P springs since the drop isn't more then an inch and you can get them cheap from Tousley. However you will probably want to get LCA's and relo brackets to correct for the drop, and an adjustable PHB would also make sense for the long term.
Old 4/12/13, 06:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're doing the install yourself or with friends I'd say go ahead and give it a try, if anything its a learning experience for installing suspension parts. Depending on what springs you go with you may need an Adj. PHB but its not always the case. Give us a shout, we have a sale going on with Eibach til the end of the month.