Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Panhard Bar advice

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/17, 12:59 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
You'll see directional arrows on the GT500 strut mounts.. Rotate the arrows inward toward the engine which will provide more camber.. If you want less camber, rotate in the opposite direction away from the engine..
Old 2/7/17, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
My car is a track option car. It has the better LCA and I do not have any wheel hop at all.

I am just going to lower the car about an inch and do not want to have to take the car apart again because I should have installed something.

Is the shocks and struts on the Track car the same as the Boss 302?
If so Do I really need new shocks and Struts?

Is the Adjustable caster camber plates needed? If so I will get them.

I really like the look and function of the BBK plates.
shocks and struts on Track Pack cars were valved differently to control the spring rates of the TP cars. You most definitely want to go with new struts and shocks. The thing our cars needed the most in terms of handling improvements was better damping.

Aftermarket lowering springs have much higher spring rates, particularly on the front so dampers matched to new spring rates are a need. If your car will see road courses I'd also recommend Koni yellows. If not Orange or steeda pro action are also good choices
Old 2/7/17, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
shocks and struts on Track Pack cars were valved differently to control the spring rates of the TP cars. You most definitely want to go with new struts and shocks. The thing our cars needed the most in terms of handling improvements was better damping.

Aftermarket lowering springs have much higher spring rates, particularly on the front so dampers matched to new spring rates are a need. If your car will see road courses I'd also recommend Koni yellows. If not Orange or steeda pro action are also good choices

Monster as always you are a wealth of in formation. Thank you

I have been reading about the Bill Steins that they auto adjust. I have a similar set on my Suburban ( yes full touring race suspension ) and I love the way they auto adjust.
Anyone with experience on these?

Also I have been looking into the Qa1 line of fully adjustable shocks and struts? Anyone use these?

Last edited by Jazzman442; 2/7/17 at 10:11 PM.
Old 2/8/17, 06:50 AM
Banned

Monster as always you are a wealth of in formation. Thank you

I have been reading about the Bill Steins that they auto adjust. I have a similar set on my Suburban ( yes full touring race suspension ) and I love the way they auto adjust.
Anyone with experience on these?

Also I have been looking into the Qa1 line of fully adjustable shocks and struts? Anyone use these?
I get lucky sometimes . That's why I love this forum, lots of knowledge shared here

I hear good things about the Bilsteins as well. They are expensive, and I have never experienced them myself. How well do they adjust to aggressive turns and rapid transitions in your opinion?

Koni's on full soft are a bit on the stiff side for the street, but on a road course that setting is way soft. But turn the **** 270deg and it's perfection.

I have a hard time imagining Bilsteins can stiffen and soften so much without adjust ability, but I may just be ignorant on this point. I guess if there is some sort of mechanism inside to go through a range of rebound/compression adjustment I can see the advantage. But how does the shock without any electronics in it make a decision to "adjust" mid corner? and how does it know hoe much to stiffen or soften? I guess the gradient of fluid pressure?

The Boss cars used Q1s, but not too many people use them these days I think.
Old 2/8/17, 11:04 PM

Is the adjustment on the G500 mounts just turning them around?
Did you read my post about the adjustment of the GT500 mounts ? In case you missed it.. it's post # 21 on this thread..

Also if your car is going to be lowered under 1.5 inches.. You won't need caster/camber plates, however you may need some camber bolts, but more than likely your front alignment will still be under factory specs as your only going to lower your car by just about an inch.. Just make sure to have your front alignment checked just to be on the safe side..
Old 2/9/17, 06:12 AM
Banned

unless of course you want large camber adjustment, than CC plates are the way to go!
Old 2/9/17, 10:34 PM
Cobra Member

According to Ford parts the Track pack option cars have the same struts and shocks as the shelby. I am wondering just how much better these are?
Old 2/9/17, 11:10 PM

If the track pack option cars have OEM springs as the regular GT.. I'd still recommend upgrading your struts/shocks, as aftermarket dampers are valved differently to handle lowering springs which have stiffer rates over factory springs that have softer rates..
Old 2/10/17, 07:08 AM
Banned

According to Ford parts the Track pack option cars have the same struts and shocks as the shelby. I am wondering just how much better these are?
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If the track pack option cars have OEM springs as the regular GT.. I'd still recommend upgrading your struts/shocks, as aftermarket dampers are valved differently to handle lowering springs which have stiffer rates over factory springs that have softer rates..

It's not that they are "better" it's that their compression/rebound is calculated with the spring rates in mind.
Old 2/10/17, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Monster, Did your car come with the Track pack or Bembo's?
Old 2/10/17, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER

It's not that they are "better" it's that their compression/rebound is calculated with the spring rates in mind.
Exactly 100% spot on
Old 2/10/17, 07:40 PM

Monster, Did your car come with the Track pack or Bembo's?
Read his signature ! He has the Track pack, no Brembo's
Old 2/10/17, 09:04 PM
Banned

Indeed. Track Pack 2014 + Recaros. No Sync, No other non-sense. Factory ordered. Carefully modified
Old 2/10/17, 11:18 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry Monster. For a while I have not seen signatures. My new Security software does not display them on my work computer.

Thank you
Old 2/10/17, 11:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Read his signature ! He has the Track pack, no Brembo's
Track Pack has Brembos. The TP was the Brembo Package + 3.73s/Torsen + Boss radiator and oil cooler.
Old 2/11/17, 01:15 AM

Sorry Monster. For a while I have not seen signatures. My new Security software does not display them on my work computer.

Thank you
Here's the bottom line.. You've had 8 different people who have taken their time to answer your questions and provide with you valuable info along with offering their advice to you.. Now if you feel that advice isn't acceptable enough for you ? Then why even bother asking for it in the first place, as people have better things to do than waste their time when it comes to somebody who doesn't even have the consideration for showing their appreciation when being provided with feedback and support..

And just for the record, you should know what type of brake package comes included with your car's track pack

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/11/17 at 01:29 AM.
Old 2/11/17, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Track Pack has Brembos. The TP was the Brembo Package + 3.73s/Torsen + Boss radiator and oil cooler.
I didn't know that Patrick, as it wasn't mentioned and apparently not even the OP knows and yet his Mustang has the TP
Old 2/11/17, 05:22 AM
Banned

No big deal guys. The 2 main performance oriented options were either Brembo or Track Pack for 13-14 cars. And the TP as Patrick explained included the 14" 4 piston Brembo brakes up front.
Old 2/11/17, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

On the Brembo option the car came with a different rear suspension and LCA. Including different shocks and struts.

Im trying to find out what the differences are.
Old 2/11/17, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
On the Brembo option the car came with a different rear suspension and LCA. Including different shocks and struts.

Im trying to find out what the differences are.
The Brembo/TP suspension components were ever so slightly stiffer, and LCAs from the GT500, but they still sucked. I had such bad wheel hop stock. The sway bars were different too, but I've literally changed EVERY part of the TP minus the radiator and Torsen. I have sway bars going on this year and plan to drop down to 3.55s to try and get rid of some of this blasted gear whine.